Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3354 3355 [3356] 3357 3358 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481085 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50325 on: August 21, 2012, 07:18:28 pm »

Welp, our parrot died.

You say this, and then everyone keeps talking about flags and not caring for an adorable parrot.
:c

Hey, lets make him a dead parrot flag! Amidoingthefadright?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #50326 on: August 21, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »

DrPoo just contacted me on steam, sounds like he's in a huge depression. He feels like his posts are ignored here and his friends are going away... (friends thing not on the forum i believe). One of his parents broke his private router and the other is having health problems.

We'll have to take care of him then. :)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50327 on: August 21, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »

DrPoo just contacted me on steam, sounds like he's in a huge depression. He feels like his posts are ignored here and his friends are going away... (friends thing not on the forum i believe). One of his parents broke his private router and the other is having health problems.
I haven't seen DrPoo in the lower forums recently...

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
NEEDS MOAR FLAGZ
« Reply #50328 on: August 21, 2012, 07:52:38 pm »

I haven't seen DrPoo in the lower forums recently...
We should make a poop flag, that'll cheer him up!
My wooden badge was delicious.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50329 on: August 21, 2012, 08:07:49 pm »

??? Does that really have its own label and definition? I mean, it doesn't really sound unusual at all.
As far as I can see, it just means you prefer to know people before having youknow with 'em. *shrug*

Yeah, I thought it was fairly normal. I'm also 'demisexual' if it is its own special thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50330 on: August 21, 2012, 08:49:34 pm »

So, my best friend who I've been really tight with for some years took me in after I was discharged from the military.  This was four days after my girlfriend, who I was going to move in with, dumped me over Skype.  Because of this I was effectively homeless until my pal came along.

I lived there longer than expected, but things seemed to be going just fine.  I got along with them, payed rent, tried to help out around the house with whatever I could, including looking after the baby, but was hindered by my depression and otherwise just attempting to make as little an impact as possible.

After three months of being with them, I moved out on my own.  After a few weeks I saw them again for the baptism of my "niece" in early April, then went back to trying to sort out my life and education (a tangled prospect in itself).

And, just today, I received a very long and thought-out message from my friend, informing me that he had harbored an intense resentment towards me throughout a great deal of my stay with them and the time after, effectively tainting whatever opinion he had of our friendship.  He accused me of putting a deep strain on the both of them, putting their marriage in danger, and being a destructive influence on their lives.  He said that he had worked out that I was subconsciously jealous of him and his relationship, and so was continually trying to cut him down. 

The message continued, stating that it was wrong of him to put off this notification for so long, but that we were no longer friends.  I would be welcome to send a response, if I so wished, but only after having given the message a few days and several re-readings.  Regardless, this would be the last that I would hear from him.

I don't know what it is that's gotten into his head to think these things, but I recognize from his actions and his words that this isn't going to change, at least not any time in the foreseeable future.  For as apparently little as I actually know him, I know enough to know that.

I've just lost someone that I shared an incredible amount of trust and camaraderie with, and this happened completely unexpectedly and in a truly horrifying fashion.  That's what made me sad today.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50331 on: August 21, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

I don't want to get in to it, but I know of what you speak. It's a terrible feeling...

* Descan bro-hugs Kagus
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50332 on: August 21, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »

/join in the bro hugs
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50333 on: August 21, 2012, 10:04:01 pm »

Nintendo Power will cease publication soon.

My inner 10 year old is crying.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50334 on: August 21, 2012, 10:10:02 pm »

The kobold does not join in on the bro-hug.

The kobold instead snuggles.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50335 on: August 21, 2012, 10:11:26 pm »

* kaijyuu join in the bro hugs
FTFY
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50336 on: August 21, 2012, 10:13:21 pm »

My laptop just BSOD'd. Fuck.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50337 on: August 21, 2012, 10:37:50 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:46:28 pm by Alnos »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50339 on: August 21, 2012, 10:49:40 pm »

Nintendo Power will cease publication soon.

My inner 10 year old is crying.
NOOOOOOOOO!

At least it is getting a proper send-off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That led to a subscription – a subscription I’d keep for at least a decade – and probably my favorite memory from the magazine, which was this (at the time) totally rad VHS promotional tape for Donkey Kong Country that they sent out to subscribers. It was the first and only time I remember them doing something like that, and it had behind-the-scenes clips, tips and secrets, and tons of gameplay footage in a pre-video game website era.
Holy crap! I think I may still have that!
...at least, I hope so. I know I had it at some point.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3354 3355 [3356] 3357 3358 ... 8167