Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3349 3350 [3351] 3352 3353 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480970 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50250 on: August 20, 2012, 02:28:12 pm »

I know that Spokane Falls Community College (The college I just graduated from) has direct transfer agreements with all of the state schools in Washington as well as most of the private ones. It's fairly cheap too. $98 per quarter credit, a few lab fees, that sort of thing. With 90 credits for a degree, that's $8820. If you challenge a course, that's $5 per credit. If they don't take some credits of yours, you can challenge a similar class and get the credits for cheap anyway.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50251 on: August 20, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

Does Utah have reciprocity agreements with other states?  Because that would certainly help lower the costs of tuition for out-of-state schools.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50252 on: August 20, 2012, 03:20:28 pm »

Does Utah have reciprocity agreements with other states?  Because that would certainly help lower the costs of tuition for out-of-state schools.
The only thing would be the Western Undergraduate Exchange and that slightly lowers tuition down to about usually 1.5x more than instate tuition. Wait Kaijyuu you live in Utah?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50253 on: August 20, 2012, 04:38:29 pm »

couldn't you sorta get help from some government help line, considering they starved you, due to the fact you don't eat meat?

I've actually been slightly tempted to go veggie a few times for several reasons. first off, I wouldn't like to be eaten, second, it's healthier in general, third, it's actually better to be vegetarian because less land is needed to feed a vegetarian.
Re: your first point: I'm still waiting and hoping that we enounter an alien race and they basically look at us like livestock. 

Humans: "You can't eat us; we're huuuuumaaaaan!"
Aliens: "You're inferior to us, therefore we'll do whatever we damn well want to you.  Welcome to your gestation crate." 

The irony would be so awesome. 

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50254 on: August 20, 2012, 04:53:55 pm »

Re: your first point: I'm still waiting and hoping that we enounter an alien race and they basically look at us like livestock. 

Humans: "You can't eat us; we're huuuuumaaaaan!"
Aliens: "You're inferior to us, therefore we'll do whatever we damn well want to you.  Welcome to your gestation crate." 

The irony would be so awesome.
Not really, because we're sentient and our livestock are not. If anything tries to eat a Human it gets murderized with the full might of an industrial species. Plus the irony would be lost on most, considering they'd be deeeeeaaaad.

Besides if sentient aliens showed up you'd just know that the first response from mankind would be to have sex with them, and failing that, build something that has sex with them.
"Because ever since the dawn of time, mankind has dreamed of having sex with the stars." Seriously, there is a whole bunch of mythology that goes about just that from the dawn of civilization. Odd stuff.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50255 on: August 20, 2012, 04:58:32 pm »

Just signed up for my sixth class this semester. 19 hours. Oh well, this means I get to do just 16 hours next semester. Or possibly 19 again if I fuck up this semester but that's not really an option I want to consider.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50256 on: August 20, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »

Well, off to old, stingy, strange atmosphere, homogenous, and completely free(=no anti-bully measures) school! D:
Only if they'd actually turn the air conditioning on. >.> I suppose I'd be back between 4~6.

Also, school uniforms are expensive. $44 a piece, be it skirt, blouse or vest. Freaking ensured demand...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50257 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »

Not really, because we're sentient and our livestock are not. If anything tries to eat a Human it gets murderized with the full might of an industrial species. Plus the irony would be lost on most, considering they'd be deeeeeaaaad.
You mean sapient, sentient means aware, sapient means more sort of intelligent and capable of reasoning, although the definition of sapience and what is and is not sapient is very much debatable.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50258 on: August 20, 2012, 05:49:42 pm »

It's more a case of if an alien comes down and starts eating humans, pretty soon all the humans are going to know about it, and then we'd start shooting.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50259 on: August 20, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »

Wait Kaijyuu you live in Utah?
Unfortunately.

\Not really, because we're sentient and our livestock are not. If anything tries to eat a Human it gets murderized with the full might of an industrial species. Plus the irony would be lost on most, considering they'd be deeeeeaaaad.
This is pretty much like cattle threatening to stampede us to death. Sure stampedes are awe inspiring and powerful, but damn irrelevant compared to what we can throw back.

You really think humanity would have a chance against an interstellar species? We'd be hamburgers by lunchtime.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50260 on: August 20, 2012, 07:11:57 pm »

You really think humanity would have a chance against an interstellar species? We'd be hamburgers by lunchtime.
You think we'd let them eat us? If we couldn't kill them, we'd damn sure vaporize ourselves.

No soylent green for you spehss mans!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #50261 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:37 pm »

Not to mention that they might not even want to kill and eat us. That seems like an awfully long way to go for crappy and relatively hard-to-butcher meat. Just take our cows or something, they're great for that sort of stuff.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #50262 on: August 20, 2012, 08:09:49 pm »

Yeah. Why do they always need an angle, why can aliens never be all like "Yo, 'sup? Sorry we never called after that whole pyramids thing, we've been super busy, you know how is is, the kids are getting their first Glagnorxes, starting to proscillitate, it's tiring"
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50263 on: August 20, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »

Wait Kaijyuu you live in Utah?
Unfortunately.
Well if you ever need a place to hang out from the morons, give me a call im up in Pleasant Grove.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50264 on: August 20, 2012, 08:47:14 pm »

Yeah. Why do they always need an angle, why can aliens never be all like "Yo, 'sup? Sorry we never called after that whole pyramids thing, we've been super busy, you know how is is, the kids are getting their first Glagnorxes, starting to proscillitate, it's tiring"

This is kinda what I picture, to be honest. "Oh shit, you guys have shitty little spaceships! That's sooo cute! And you're highly industrialized! Shit, all the other aliens out there are highly primitive tribal societies right now, you guys are doing almost as good as us!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3349 3350 [3351] 3352 3353 ... 8167