Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3342 3343 [3344] 3345 3346 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487294 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50145 on: August 17, 2012, 05:32:21 am »

I guess I'm sad because I started a thread about Risk. But it seems like nobody wants to play (which is fine) or nobody likes Risk (which is unforgivable).  :-[

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50146 on: August 17, 2012, 05:56:50 am »

The first half of my day was pretty good! :) Went to the right store this time, bought the CDs I wanted and a couple of others, spoke to people without making a fool of myself and actually had *gasp* a good time out and about.

...Sadly, after that things went downhill, as they usually do. :( Had to go see about getting my phone repaired/replaced, which meant a lot of hassle, was whined at all the way home, and now I have annoying family visiting. Ugh. I can't ever just have a nice day. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50147 on: August 17, 2012, 06:27:01 am »

My sleeping schedule is borked, I keep staying up later and later, and when I do wake up because it's too hot I'm pretty much feeling and looking like shit, uncapable of doing anything useful or productive.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50148 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:03 am »

I went for a coffee with some friends. Others were invited, including one who I disliked during highschool for numerous reasons.

-He's ridiculously sarcastic and acerbic, and I have trouble detecting sarcasm.
-He makes no effort to be friendly, but is not uncivil.

When I was in early highschool I tried to hang out with him and that group because they were the only ones I knew (went to primary school with them for two years) and hence the only ones I thought likely to be friendly to me.

When he conveniently forgot about the early years, I told him.
"You and your friends used to tease me mercilessly just because I wanted to be friends because I was lonely."
"So? You probably did something to annoy us."
"You and your friends drove me to the point of suicide with your constant barrage of teasing. I got to the point where I had the knife prepared to insert it just beneath my sternum; effectively a death sentence if I went through with it. It was partially because I was depressed, but your group teasing me so much just because I wanted to be friends drove it."

"Pfft."
"There was one thing that stopped me. ONE THING. Earlier that day <name here> had shown me some kindness by being friendly to me and allowing me to sit near her and draw things with her. That was the ONLY thing that kept me from shoving that knife inwards and upwards."

"Ah, <name>. She's got a kid now, doesn't she? I always thought she seemed like the 'type' to get pregnant in her teens."

"We're 20 / 21."

"Whatever."

"So, you and your dickhead friends teased me to the point of suicide. How would've you felt if you were near directly responsible for this?"

"Ppffft, i wouldn't care. You should've."

"DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? YOUR C*** FRIENDS AND YOU NEARLY CAUSED ME TO KILL MYSELF."

At this point he laughs.

I lose my temper. I don't hit him, but I come close. He is much taller than me, and bulkier. Definitely not a fighter, but bigger and heavier.

"Listen, dickhead. You could be so callous as to laugh at the prospect of causing someone to kill themselves? Are you a fucking sociopath? Heaven help you if you're ever in such a bad position and need help yourself. I'd shake you off my foot if I was the only person capable of helping you. The only thing stopping me from punching you right now is the fact that I'd get arrested."

Fucking dickheads make me want to go live on an island away from other humans.
Honestly. I'm the type who's very calm naturally, and hard to piss off. But this guy, LAUGHING because I told him his (and his friends teasing) drove me to the point of suicide which I narrowly avoided because of ONE person who was nice to me earlier that day. That crossed the fuckin' line.

I will NEVER forgive for that. I bear grudges for a long time; my anger is slow burning.

Some people make me so angry. ARGH.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50149 on: August 17, 2012, 10:11:33 am »

While I totally get the slow-burn anger thing, word of advice: let it go.
By getting wound up that a prickface from years past is STILL a prickface, you're letting him continue to manipulate you. Life is too incredibly short to waste part of it focusing on something you can't change.

Took me a long time to learn that, and I was better for it. Had a lot of rage to let go of.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50150 on: August 17, 2012, 10:56:25 am »

I'm going to give you some advice my good brother once gave me, in situations like that you need to ask the question, WWTFD? What would the Fonz do?

The answer is of course always "play it cool".

When you said that he'd driven you to suicide and he tried to play it off as all being your fault it was your clue that no matter what you said he was probably never going to express any kind of remorse or sympathy, and the more angry and upset you get the more he's just going to laugh at how ridiculous you're being.

So play it cool, stay absolutely calm, let go of your rage, and tell him in calm words how he hurt you, then if he laughs it up just tell him that that attitude is going to make him very miserable some day. Witty retorts are also good but they're very difficult to think of and pull off on the spot.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50151 on: August 17, 2012, 12:01:27 pm »

I've just realised i'll be 20 in a week. Makes me unhappy for a strange reason.

Still a child in the land of children.

http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50152 on: August 17, 2012, 12:20:11 pm »

I'm twenty. It isn't super exciting, but that's because I spent Christmas in jail and my B-day in Rehab.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #50153 on: August 17, 2012, 12:21:35 pm »

I'm twenty. It isn't super exciting, but that's because I spent Christmas in jail and my B-day in Rehab.

Now put on your cowboy hat and turn that into a country song.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50154 on: August 17, 2012, 12:23:23 pm »

I don't recall my 20th. Probably indicative of the amount of alcohol consumed.
And the fact that it was a disturbingly large number of years in the past.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50155 on: August 17, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »

Now put on your cowboy hat and turn that into a country song.

Depends, can it be like a Country Song, or does it have to be a Country Song?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50156 on: August 17, 2012, 07:25:52 pm »

So I went out with some friends (some childhood aquiantances that I haven't seen in years), had quite a few drinks (booze discounts are awesome). There were these girls sitting next to us, one of the friends got into a conversation with them (he seems quite skilled in this area), got some numbers, we went to a club with them and stuff. One of the caught my eye, quite pleasing to the eyes (even looks somewhat like Scarlett Johansson). Anyways, as the friend is talking to them another suggest me join him, as a wingman of sorts, I decline, because really, what could a geeky average looking guy like me have to contribute to pointless discussion that's meant to score girls, both because I have no expirience in it and because I find the whole bullshitting to get girls thing silly. Now I feel somewhat bad because there could have been something there (damn me and my extremely speculative and never resting brain) and because I kinda bailed on the whole deal halfway trough, simply leaving the club, just because I wasn't liking the place overly much (something I'm used to doing, leaving when something is annoying).

So, a tl;dr version, got drunk (still am), met girls, had a 'maybe' chance, blew it, bailed, feeling bad for it.

YAY BOOZE!!!
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50157 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:54 pm »

The whole thing (atleast on my side) was to get drunk enough to fall asleep immediately when I got home and get up very early (a side effect of larger amounts of booze, I fall asleep easier and I almost always wake up at dawn (artsing tendecy is also increased for some reason)), just to reset my internal sleep clock to a certain degree, since the current state can't be maintained for much longer (stuying and other projects need full attention, not sleepy half a day attention).
AS - IG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50158 on: August 17, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »

So this person came to me after hearing I manage some bands and stuff.... They wanted to me manage their artistic career.

I've reviewed their product and ... it's terrible. I mean not just "you suck" terrible, but very possibly and I'm not joking, "the person doing this is really and truly trying their heart out but just... they aren't gonna pull it off and that's just really sad." It's not good and that's sorta tragic. I mean really nobody is gonna pay to see this and the person who referred them to me might be getting a stern talking to.... There's bad and then there's "It's honestly so bad you'd feel bad calling the person on it, because there might legitimately be something ... special... about them."

They wanna know what I think of them.... :(

I... It.... Uh.... :(
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50159 on: August 17, 2012, 09:20:09 pm »

Honesty is the best course, despite injured feelings. :/
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3342 3343 [3344] 3345 3346 ... 8167