Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3336 3337 [3338] 3339 3340 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442110 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50055 on: August 15, 2012, 07:41:24 am »

Ah, the great Blarg. Has been a while since I saw you on the forums.

Surely you'd count as one of the 'old folk', wouldn't you?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50056 on: August 15, 2012, 08:31:06 am »

Not really. I came down to the lower forums pretty much immediately after VN was nuked and maintained an air of unprepossessing mild-manneredness so that nobody suspected that all along it was I! ALL MEEEEE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Or I'm just not that entertaining a character. Either/or.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50057 on: August 15, 2012, 08:40:56 am »

Physics, I'm up to the point where problems aren't solvable by common sense and logical reasoning but by math magic and arcane knowledge, something I'm not very good at :c
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50058 on: August 15, 2012, 08:47:25 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:17:11 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50059 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:47 am »

I read At the Mountains of Madness before any of Lovecraft’s other works, and all that was explained makes me feel that I just read an extensive spoiler. I should have started in publication order, but it had such a promising title.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50060 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:50 am »

To be honest, I liked the old times, but subjectively and objectively speaking, these times are just as rad. I mean sure, we don't have Vector, Vester, Okenido, Inaluct, and those folks, but we've since gained MaximumZero, Truean, Yoink, Descan, Hanslanda, and more. (To those of you who've been around a while, I mean to say that you're seemingly more active now than earlier.) The community has changed, but it is as strong as ever, and I can count the same number or more of you all as friends.

Heh, I came into the Sad thread to have a whine about how terrible everything is, but being mentioned in that list made me smile. :P
Sentiment echoed for my name on the list. ^_^

+1
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50061 on: August 15, 2012, 01:18:24 pm »

A friend of mine has started an anti gay blog all about how the bible is against it. Sends me links....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50062 on: August 15, 2012, 01:28:34 pm »

An ex-friend of mine has started an anti gay blog all about how the bible is against it. Sends me links....
Fixed for you.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50063 on: August 15, 2012, 01:38:32 pm »

A friend of mine has started an anti gay blog all about how the bible is against it. Sends me links....
This makes me wish I had kept my troll-bot. I could have kept your bigoted friend entertained.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50064 on: August 15, 2012, 01:45:09 pm »

Physics, I'm up to the point where problems aren't solvable by common sense and logical reasoning but by math magic and arcane knowledge, something I'm not very good at :c
Aye, once you get advanced enough, you need to find yourself a good Newtonomicon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50065 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50066 on: August 15, 2012, 02:53:37 pm »

"Medal of Honor: Warfighter" will interface directly with the sales websites of gun manufacturers, to allow players to buy their favorite weapons from those featured in the game.

Just in case you haven't had enough juvenile, trigger-happy idiots with guns in the virtual world, now we can get them in the real world too. :I

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50067 on: August 15, 2012, 02:56:38 pm »

"Medal of Honor: Warfighter" will interface directly with the sales websites of gun manufacturers, to allow players to buy their favorite weapons from those featured in the game.

Just in case you haven't had enough juvenile, trigger-happy idiots with guns in the virtual world, now we can get them in the real world too. :I

What most people don't realize is that guns can get expensive, especially if they're going to be based on a system like that. The only people who would get them would probably be gun enthusiasts, who, contrary to popular belief, are upstanding individuals who observe and enforce proper gun safety.
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50068 on: August 15, 2012, 03:00:33 pm »

I believe you underestimate college bros with wealthy parents.

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50069 on: August 15, 2012, 03:04:50 pm »

I believe you underestimate college bros with wealthy parents.

College bros could get guns regardless. (note my argument is all US based, as that's where I know the laws and regulations)

and like looking down barrels of loaded guns, and live target practice whilst driving cars at 150 mph.

:P

If someone is going to go the lengths to hurt someone with a gun, they're going to get a gun regardless of local laws. I'd rather have the ability to have a gun on me in case of such a situation and have a better chance of getting through alive, then be killed because between the two of us, only I chose to obey the law.
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.
Pages: 1 ... 3336 3337 [3338] 3339 3340 ... 8167