Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3335 3336 [3337] 3338 3339 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440863 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50040 on: August 15, 2012, 12:46:43 am »

It's 10:50 at night, I have to wake up in about seven hours, and I just discovered that my pre-calculus teacher has given us a 58-question test, totaling >130 subquestions, due by midnight. The semester started YESTERDAY. Fuck.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #50041 on: August 15, 2012, 01:11:51 am »

To be honest, I liked the old times, but subjectively and objectively speaking, these times are just as rad. I mean sure, we don't have Vector, Vester, Okenido, Inaluct, and those folks, but we've since gained MaximumZero, Truean, Yoink, Descan, Hanslanda, and more. (To those of you who've been around a while, I mean to say that you're seemingly more active now than earlier.) The community has changed, but it is as strong as ever, and I can count the same number or more of you all as friends.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50042 on: August 15, 2012, 01:13:40 am »

I'm way more active than I've ever been, yeah. I think I've posted as much in the last year as I had in the entire four years before that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #50043 on: August 15, 2012, 01:39:29 am »

I was gonna list you too as a new face, but you were around before I ever was.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #50044 on: August 15, 2012, 01:41:50 am »

The thing is, I'm actually feeling the board is on an upswing. I think things are improving right now. Though really they weren't really bad at any point recently (The oh so sad ban evade drama being the closest to a bad time in my opinion, what a waste). Just... Well kinda plain. And a little boring.

Still, I find I prefer checking here to checking news sites and so on.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50045 on: August 15, 2012, 02:00:28 am »

Well, it's only been a day and I'm already failing pre-calculus. Just kill me now.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50046 on: August 15, 2012, 02:08:34 am »

Man, I just realized I have basically nothing to do for two weeks until classes start again.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #50047 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:16 am »

Man, I just realized I have basically nothing to do for two weeks until classes start again.
I've been spending the last two (and probably most of the next two as well) waving goodbye to my brother and parents (their high school/middle school teachers) every morning with this big grin on my face. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50048 on: August 15, 2012, 06:14:55 am »

To be honest, I liked the old times, but subjectively and objectively speaking, these times are just as rad. I mean sure, we don't have Vector, Vester, Okenido, Inaluct, and those folks, but we've since gained MaximumZero, Truean, Yoink, Descan, Hanslanda, and more. (To those of you who've been around a while, I mean to say that you're seemingly more active now than earlier.) The community has changed, but it is as strong as ever, and I can count the same number or more of you all as friends.

Heh, I came into the Sad thread to have a whine about how terrible everything is, but being mentioned in that list made me smile. :P
...Now I see what you guys mean when you describe Bay12 as a big, internet circlejerk, heheh.

Real life is still making me sad, though. Stupid real life. :-\ Hopefully tomorrow I can go buy a CD or three to cheer myself up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50049 on: August 15, 2012, 06:17:52 am »

Heh, I came into the Sad thread to have a whine about how terrible everything is, but being mentioned in that list made me smile. :P
Sentiment echoed for my name on the list. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50050 on: August 15, 2012, 06:30:24 am »

Vector I remember well, and Vester and Inaluct I think last posted shortly after I joined about 15 months ago... but feelsbadman.jpg that I'm not that well recognised here. :P

Of course, I can't possibly match the post-per-day that some of the newbies here have. :)

It will prbably stay at 6-7 ppd until I leave this forum one sad day...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50051 on: August 15, 2012, 06:38:02 am »

You've still got almost as many posts as I have total though, regardless of the fact that I started posting almost three years before you. (A fact that is kind of saddening.)

Guess that's what I get for starting out as a Upper Forums guy and only seriously starting to pay attention to the lower forums a handful of months back though.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50052 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:52 am »

People like Loud Whispers, who do 10ppd make me think HOW DO THEY EVEN MANAGE THAT?

He's been here about half the time I have and he's got far, far more posts.

What's the difference between Upper and Lower forum anyway? Their position on the forum's page? As in further down the page is Lower?

If that's the case, I've frequented both more or less since I started.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50053 on: August 15, 2012, 06:48:51 am »

if you're on about what I think you're on about...
upper forums are DF and related, lower forums are the rest of the forum.
This right here.

Everything that falls under the "Dwarf Fortress" heading is an Upper Forum, and everything under "Other Projects" or "Finally..." is a Lower Forum. I guess technically the "Announcements" forum would be a Highest Forum or something like that, but nobody can post there so it doesn't really count.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50054 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:30 am »

Worry not, non-specifically named Bay Twelve Folk. We're all important in our own special way.

Don't mind me, I'm trying to harness warm fuzzies as an energy source
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 3335 3336 [3337] 3338 3339 ... 8167