Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3324 3325 [3326] 3327 3328 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9420317 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49875 on: August 08, 2012, 01:19:18 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113434.0

You are welcome.

I never realized how bad Google Translate could be. Until now. Thanks for helping me kill off the precious few brain cells I had left, Hans.

Anytime. That thread is a gold mine for out of context quotes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49876 on: August 08, 2012, 04:30:01 am »

My dad found out that he has disks or something in his neck, so he can't really do any work now. He'll probably have to get surgery as well, and we run a lawncare business. So for the next few months I'm going to be working my ass off after school to get the work done. So much for doing cross-country this year.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49877 on: August 08, 2012, 05:59:44 am »

Mid-terms is next week.

Understanding of Algebra: [|||||||||||||||||||||||]
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49878 on: August 08, 2012, 10:52:11 am »

Student Loan payment was charged twice this month due to a software bug. Refund takes 4 to 6 weeks, making it entirely pointless since by then the extra payment would've already applied to next month and I'd need to pay it back again. Budget for this month is utterly fucked. Currently at -$250 with some bills yet to pay and a $25 fee attached to each payment I make with a negative balance, and a mandatory trip to the nearest bank branch that'll run me $30 in gas (with the $25 fee again).

Good thing I like ramen, I guess.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49879 on: August 08, 2012, 05:33:38 pm »

[wrong thread]

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49880 on: August 08, 2012, 05:45:20 pm »

flickr.com cannot edit my photos text or roate them, appears completly broken. No share links either

My homebrew is not completly bottled and so it waits in the in the bottling stick and it is outside my controll, need to bottle but cant. It might go off
Don't you just have a tub with a spigot on the side? That's what I use for bottling.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #49881 on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:35 pm »

This "notgame" is good on so many levels. I'm not sure what to say, but I was touched.

Takes a minute to load up.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49882 on: August 08, 2012, 11:50:38 pm »

This "notgame" is good on so many levels. I'm not sure what to say, but I was touched.

This notgame was made for people who feel lonely. You play as a square that is avoided by other squares.
...is that supposed to make them feel better?  ???

I just don't get these types of things...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49883 on: August 08, 2012, 11:54:30 pm »

I was kind of hoping for a happy ending there.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49884 on: August 09, 2012, 12:13:36 am »

I liked the music, at least.

Yup.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49885 on: August 09, 2012, 12:14:32 am »

This notgame was made for people who feel lonely. You play as a square that is avoided by other squares.

Maybe it's to make people who really haven't felt lonely understand in some sort of black-and-white, pixelized way?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49886 on: August 09, 2012, 12:18:35 am »

Maybe it's to make people who really haven't felt lonely understand in some sort of black-and-white, pixelized way?

I've been lonely before, and this game just made me go, "Why am I doing this right now? I can never have these seconds back ever again, and I'm doing this with them?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #49887 on: August 09, 2012, 12:30:33 am »

In context, I found in Extra Credits where they were talking about using game mechanics as a metaphor. I thought the game was relevant, at least. It kind of shows you how you, personally, react to rejection and the feeling of loneliness. Do you avoid the people after a while? Do you approach that last square thinking that it's 'the one'? It's interesting not for the game play itself, but for how it makes us see how we act when lonely. When I was playing the game, I didn't even consciously make the decision to avoid people sometimes, or eventually just approach them to watch them run away, but they were decisions that made me look at how I react to feelings of loneliness.

Or maybe I'm looking too far into it, but it got me thinking, whether that was intentional or not.

Edit: I just saw the Extra Credits thread and feel like I just stole that from there, now. :S
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49888 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:00 am »

The other squares aren't even actively avoiding yours. You can easily catch up to them. I just ran up to them to watch them scatter.

I've been lonely before. Heck, I'm still lonely sometimes. I found the notgame very dull.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49889 on: August 09, 2012, 04:00:43 am »

In context, I found in Extra Credits where they were talking about using game mechanics as a metaphor. I thought the game was relevant, at least. It kind of shows you how you, personally, react to rejection and the feeling of loneliness. Do you avoid the people after a while? Do you approach that last square thinking that it's 'the one'? It's interesting not for the game play itself, but for how it makes us see how we act when lonely. When I was playing the game, I didn't even consciously make the decision to avoid people sometimes, or eventually just approach them to watch them run away, but they were decisions that made me look at how I react to feelings of loneliness.

Or maybe I'm looking too far into it, but it got me thinking, whether that was intentional or not.

Edit: I just saw the Extra Credits thread and feel like I just stole that from there, now. :S

Atleast I thought it was meaningful. I kept holding up after the game had ended, thinking that eventually the darkness would dissipate.
Pages: 1 ... 3324 3325 [3326] 3327 3328 ... 8167