Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3308 3309 [3310] 3311 3312 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427116 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49635 on: July 29, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

My Uncle is in the next room, busily discussing how he doesn't think I'm trans based purely off stupid gender stereotyping and my complete lack of care over my appearance.

Yeah, the 2nd part's got some merit, but I'm still struggling out of depression here, and one of the big parts of that was that I just didn't care how I looked. Difficult to throw off the habits of 3 years, and my feminine clothing currently consists of 2 tops and 2 pairs of jeans. Frequently, none of them are clean, and I can't wash them myself due to the washing machine being broken right now.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49636 on: July 29, 2012, 06:45:58 pm »

My Uncle is in the next room, busily discussing how he doesn't think I'm trans based purely off stupid gender stereotyping and my complete lack of care over my appearance.
:|
I don't suppose he's amongst the listening type? Hopefully?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49637 on: July 29, 2012, 07:19:16 pm »

I know plenty of women (often nerdy or gamer women) who don't put a ton of effort into their appearance.  Not in a bad way, they just have other priorities.  And they often wish they had more time to pretty themselves up.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49638 on: July 29, 2012, 07:24:04 pm »

It's ridiculous to assume that everyone woman is all "OMG MUST LOOK PRETTEH," yeah.

Following stereotypes (or not) doesn't make you trans, identifying as the opposite gender makes you trans.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49639 on: July 29, 2012, 09:44:35 pm »

:|
I don't suppose he's amongst the listening type? Hopefully?

Nope. He knows he's not about to convince me otherwise, and he's even quite good about not mis-naming me, but if he's not convinced after what I've said already, he's not going to be convinced at all.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49640 on: July 29, 2012, 10:25:12 pm »

Maptool seems to be the preferred online D&D platform, so I don't think Skype or IRC would really be needed. (It comes with a map board and a chatbox; even if you don't use the other features it's still fairly good.

If someone is going to start a DnD campaign, post the link. I'd for sure join that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49641 on: July 29, 2012, 10:45:54 pm »

I probably wouldn't mind joining in as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49642 on: July 30, 2012, 01:02:40 am »

Haha, 5 people - that's a full party. Now you just need a DM!

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49643 on: July 30, 2012, 01:10:45 am »

While I'd rather not get into why exactly this is the right thread for this: How would one go about finding job openings for an amateur writer? Pretty much of any kind really, anything from data entry to actual writing. (online ones vastly preferred)

I once got a job writing articles about jewelry for some online website, payed $50 per article and I found the job on craigslist, when I started I knew next to nothing about jewelry
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49644 on: July 30, 2012, 01:23:29 am »

Computer just completely froze up. Or at least, the display did. So I hard-stopped it by holding the off button. Then I restarted it and ran a full system restore. Twice. Enough to be safe? Or should I start it in Safe Mode, and then System Restore another time or two? I do online banking, so I can't afford to fuck around with this.
Any computer experts have some advice?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49645 on: July 30, 2012, 01:44:33 am »

Haha, 5 people - that's a full party. Now you just need a DM!
For serious, if someone with at least a basic grasp of the system wants to dream up a plot, I'll help with mechanics and whatnot. (Even perhaps some advice for monster tactics. I've gotten quite a bit of practice using monsters intelligently from my meatspace group's current Gestalt campaign. Example: "I'm level 10! I have 10 levels of Paladin AND 10 levels of ranger!")

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49646 on: July 30, 2012, 01:46:56 am »

I can easily dream up a plot and setting. I'm a little nervous about DMing though.
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #49647 on: July 30, 2012, 01:49:57 am »

I can easily dream up a plot and setting. I'm a little nervous about DMing though.
It's not that hard to DM, get a basic grasp of the rules so you'll be able to resolve basic interactions and you'll be fine. Most player's won't really give a shit as long as the plot is interesting and the DM is semi-competent.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49648 on: July 30, 2012, 01:50:52 am »

Hey, it couldn't hurt to try. It's easy once you get the hang of it, though it can be overwhelming for the first few sessions. You don't even need to work on your narrator voice if it's done over Maptool or similar.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49649 on: July 30, 2012, 01:56:13 am »

It's not that hard to DM, get a basic grasp of the rules so you'll be able to resolve basic interactions and you'll be fine. Most player's won't really give a shit as long as the plot is interesting and the DM is semi-competent.
Yep. Don't kill the players and don't let them plow through the enemies, and you should be fine. If you want an introduction to how things could go, Wizards offers Keep on the Shadowfell for free, so you could review it or even run it. It takes a bit to get the hang of it, but it really doesn't take much at all. I was a competent GM from my second session on, and my players enjoyed the first. With Barbarossa helping you, it should be even easier.

"I'm level 10! I have 10 levels of Paladin AND 10 levels of ranger!"
What context is this in? I'm just kind of confused by it.
Pages: 1 ... 3308 3309 [3310] 3311 3312 ... 8167