Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3304 3305 [3306] 3307 3308 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431006 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49575 on: July 24, 2012, 01:51:14 pm »

:(

Well happy birthday regardless.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49576 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:47 pm »

Been sick of fever for 3 days now. Sad part is that I skipped 3 days worth of school grades, and this will certainly leave a mark on my grades.

I hope I can catch up, especially in algebra. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49577 on: July 24, 2012, 05:36:42 pm »

Now I want to go play golf naked and painted blue.
Actually, no...I still don't want to play golf.

While we're on a WTF SCOTLAND? kick let's not forget shinty, the forerunner of ice hockey.

Think you mean Bandy, a traditional Russian/Scandanavian sport with roots in Britain, which has elements of Field Hockey, Soccer and Ice Hockey. Shinty is a Gaelic game which mixes elements of field hocky, rugby and soccer, very similar to Hurling.

Having played all 3 I can say that they all hurt. A lot.
This is a blank sig.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49578 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »

:(

Well happy birthday regardless.

Maybe I'll just use my birthday money to buy myself the cake I wait an entire year for.

The cake I ended up with was a Corn Cake with Whipped Cream and Strawberries. It would be fine but the Corn cake is very buttery.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49579 on: July 24, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »

I went to go check on the Hell: After The End server, only six people on, most of them Avalon.  I miss Hate-MOO, and Wayfar1444 won't replace it for me.  :(
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49580 on: July 24, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »

I went to go check on the Hell: After The End server, only six people on, most of them Avalon.  I miss Hate-MOO, and Wayfar1444 won't replace it for me.  :(

Do what I did... Try to make your own and fail! Mind you it wasn't a Mud... it was easier to make then a Mud.

So... good luck.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49581 on: July 24, 2012, 10:34:20 pm »

My iPod Touch may be borked due to the dodgy home button not allowing me to do a hard reset. I don't have enough money to replace it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49582 on: July 25, 2012, 03:40:19 am »

I'm really sick. I want to die. In the very slim chance that someone on bay12 who I owe a communication to over the past few days reads this that is why I have not contacted you.

It's also funny, because I know a part of my sickness has been brought upon me by my sleep schedule. And I am posting this at four in the morning.

Oh Criptfeind. Fuck you.

I'm going to bed.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49583 on: July 25, 2012, 04:54:35 am »

Yeah, try and get that sleep cycle stabilized, cript. It really does make one hell of a difference, usually.

'Till then, hope you get to feelin' better. Keepin' breathin', m'fellow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49584 on: July 25, 2012, 07:03:41 am »

So, talked with the ORL people today. They said that my sinus problems might be (among several other things) deviated septum. And that if I can't control the symptoms otherwise, I should consider the possiblity of surgery.

Problem is, the symptoms are upsetting, but not as bad as to make me consider that kind of thing. I've seen the procedure, and it's aftermath, and I know that, should I choose to undergo it, I'd be in for the worst 72 hours of my life to date, and contending heavily for the worst two weeks. Nasal surgery is really unpleasant, and not something I'd consider unless in dire need. 
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49585 on: July 25, 2012, 08:22:29 am »

It's not as bad as it used to be. My dad had it done earlier this summer. Was kind of out of commission for a good solid week, but the benefits do appear to be worth it. I'm intent on getting it done at some point, because I have all kinds of annual sinus misery. My septum isn't just deviated, it's like an eldritch horror took up residence in my nose. I saw the CAT scan of it one time and lost -4 SAN.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49586 on: July 25, 2012, 10:25:16 am »

Meh, my troubles arent bad enough to warrant surgery, imo. And, as I said, I saw it done 3 years ago, and the patients shambling around afterwards. I'd require a very strong motivation to undergo any kind of nasal surgery whatsoever
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49587 on: July 25, 2012, 10:31:39 am »

Can't you just have the doc put you out for the duration of the surgery? That's what I normally do.

Also, from what I've read, a deviated septum can only get worse if gone untreated. You'd do well to have the surgery done while you're body is still young enough to heal from it quickly.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49588 on: July 25, 2012, 10:51:40 am »

So apparently the Olympics are set to cost the UK taxpayers around £11bn.  With an estimated 50,000 homeless families, that would work out as £220,000 each.  We could house everyone for a fraction of this, and still have a massive chunk of cash to invest in modernizing the NHS.  Fucking politicians, why don't they work?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49589 on: July 25, 2012, 10:55:34 am »

I think I am having some sorta mental breakdown. In some sorta slow motion. It's not the first time I have broken down, but it feels a bit worse then before.

It sorta funny actually. Since it seems to be happening so slowly I am able to actually watch myself go crazy.

Anyway. If I stop posting on bay12 there is a not zero chance that it is because I went seriously crazy and ended up dead or in some sorta asylum. The more you know!
Pages: 1 ... 3304 3305 [3306] 3307 3308 ... 8167