Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3300 3301 [3302] 3303 3304 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436043 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49515 on: July 22, 2012, 02:40:46 am »

Fuck yeah Humanity!

aka, Earth as viewed from the ISS. SCIENCE!
This video is completely awesome, but it got me thinking.

I will never leave this planet, barring extreme circumstances (like me somehow becoming super rich, a technological singularity that ends well, or functional immortality being given out to all american citizens (which would mean I would probably leave the planet at some point eventually)).
Even if we do get a space elevator built, it will still cost like far upwards of 20k dollars for me to go into space or orbit (and thats not including actually doing anything), money that I won't have a chance of reasonably being able to pay without mortgaging probably years of my life. But that's being optimistic, realistically it will probably cost at the minimum hundreds of thousands of dollars, and if we don't get a space elevator and continue to not really care about space, will cost millions.

I know that I am lucky, since I have already been tons of places around the globe, and went exploring and lived on three different continents. But still, I wish so wholeheartedly that I could just leave this gravity well and see beyond our tiny planet, even just for a day.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:43:18 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49516 on: July 22, 2012, 03:49:57 am »

I have finished a (probably grammatically incorrect) report for school tomorrow. I'll have to check it for grammatical consistency later. Too bad my grasp of that language is kind of shoddy, so I don't know what I can do with it, and I'm an introvert, so I can't muster to present it to my friends on Facebook, lest they mock me.

-_-
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49517 on: July 22, 2012, 10:17:46 am »

I often feel that I was born 200 to 400 years too early or 200 to 400 years too late. Either time period would allowed me to take part in the journeys into the great unknown that just dont happen at the moment thanks to our current situation.
This is a blank sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49518 on: July 22, 2012, 10:35:07 am »

I often feel that I was born 200 to 400 years too early or 200 to 400 years too late. Either time period would allowed me to take part in the journeys into the great unknown that just dont happen at the moment thanks to our current situation.
Hear hear. If there were a call for Mars explorers, I'd be in line right next to you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49519 on: July 22, 2012, 11:13:43 am »

Hear hear. If there were a call for Mars explorers, I'd be in line right next to you.
+1. Our sense of exploration has been suppressed for far too long.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49520 on: July 22, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »

Honestly I'd be happy with new Star Trek, or some kind of similar spacey show. I shall invoke the wrath of the internet jinx by saying "Firefly" as well.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49521 on: July 22, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »

+1. Our sense of exploration has been suppressed for far too long.
I'd not be in line with anyone, I'd be shoving to the front of it.
You just want to be the first person to openly fap in space. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49522 on: July 22, 2012, 05:03:44 pm »

Pfft. Why go solo? I'd wanna try some zero g love makin'
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49523 on: July 22, 2012, 05:05:20 pm »

...crap. I just turned B12 into a zero-g orgy. >.<

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49524 on: July 22, 2012, 05:08:06 pm »

I approve of this change in conversation.

Now, time for a zero-G sausagefest!
FTFY.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49525 on: July 22, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

FTFY.
I have no problem with this :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49526 on: July 22, 2012, 05:15:54 pm »

We both know that there aren't even enough women on B12 for the women, let alone the straight/bi dudes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49527 on: July 22, 2012, 05:28:39 pm »

I thought today was Friday.  I'm slipping...in the right direction?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49528 on: July 22, 2012, 10:01:47 pm »

Apparently my invitation to go hang out with real meat people got cancelled due to real meat problems... Not a big deal, but still kind of a sad thing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49529 on: July 23, 2012, 05:27:44 am »

FTFY.
I have no problem with this :D
Yesss :3

...I just understood that half of bay12 must be either bi or gay men D:

So much to pick from :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 3300 3301 [3302] 3303 3304 ... 8167