Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3296 3297 [3298] 3299 3300 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439506 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49455 on: July 19, 2012, 09:16:56 pm »

I can't seem to focus on anything I want to do. It's hardly a new thing but every time I sit down and try to read something or write something or do pretty much anything I wind up thinking about something else and finding myself filled with an overpowering urge to get up and pace around. The only thing I seem to actually ever focus on is games... Maybe that's why I play them so much, I don't really seem to enjoy playing them much these days. Ugh.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49456 on: July 19, 2012, 09:22:29 pm »

Things that made you sad today thread.
Keyboards. Namly the loss of my old tank, survived 3 computers and my bouts of rage at the screen only to get its ps2 plug ripped out by my brother and his dumb feet. Nowi have el cheapo keyboard and 35 of the keys have no text on them anymore. My horrible spelling are got far worse now.
Good Thank of a keyboard seem impossible to find nowadays all you get are usb lightweights and wireless. Hate wireless, they came with last 2 pcs and they never even worked.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #49457 on: July 19, 2012, 09:29:53 pm »

I just realized that if I were to try to become a dentist instead of a doctor I'd make more money for less work. Sure I'd like to be a psychiatrist and the research and all that interests me... but at a certain point doesn't having a larger income and more time with family win out over that?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49458 on: July 19, 2012, 09:36:20 pm »

MZ, SalmonGod, Truean!

Tri state area, represent! :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49459 on: July 20, 2012, 06:43:45 am »

Keyboards. Namly the loss of my old tank, survived 3 computers and my bouts of rage at the screen only to get its ps2 plug ripped out by my brother and his dumb feet. Nowi have el cheapo keyboard and 35 of the keys have no text on them anymore. My horrible spelling are got far worse now.
Good Thank of a keyboard seem impossible to find nowadays all you get are usb lightweights and wireless. Hate wireless, they came with last 2 pcs and they never even worked.
I remember the good old days when you could just plug something in and it worked. No installation, no setup, no EULA, it was great! Now it's all over the hardware and software.

*weeps into his pillow*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49460 on: July 20, 2012, 07:38:08 am »

I remember the good old days when you could just plug something in and it worked. No installation, no setup, no EULA, it was great! Now it's all over the hardware and software.

*weeps into his pillow*

I've been using the same copy of Quake since 1996 when I put the files on my very first computer.  I lost the disc over a decade ago.  Only possible because Quake doesn't write shit to the registry.  If you have the files, it just works.  I really miss that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #49461 on: July 20, 2012, 07:56:39 am »

My intestines are threatening me with noxious, gaseous rebellion. This is incredibly uncomfortable and I want it to go away.
くコ:彡

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49462 on: July 20, 2012, 08:10:48 am »

I just realized that if I were to try to become a dentist instead of a doctor I'd make more money for less work. Sure I'd like to be a psychiatrist and the research and all that interests me... but at a certain point doesn't having a larger income and more time with family win out over that?
If you find the prospect of starting a small business, dentristy might be a better choice. Not that you couldn't do it by being a doctor, strictly speaking, but the way is longer and less straightforward. Then again, you have more options open. So, up to you: going for medicine is not about the money (even if you get lucky and get a decent pay), and I'd not advise it if you don't like it. But if you do, go for it :)

I think it's worth it, for the record. I don't regret having made the choice, despite the hard times in Uni and afterwards. I wouldn't have done anything else. TBH I regard it as character-defining, to a large extent: it's not just what I do, it's what I am. If I am not this I'm nothing.

(BTW: if you do go for it I'd advise you to abandon preferred speciality preconceptions until you start clinical rotations, at least :p)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:24:39 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49463 on: July 20, 2012, 09:11:58 am »

I am really not the right person to be trying to comfort the mother of a recently killed soldier.  Pretty much having to lie through my teeth here :-\
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49464 on: July 20, 2012, 11:41:37 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:00:02 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49465 on: July 20, 2012, 12:06:05 pm »

I don't know whether to be entertained or unsurprised with that quote ending up in the OOC thread. Isn't it technically in context there?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49466 on: July 20, 2012, 12:24:58 pm »

I am really not the right person to be trying to comfort the mother of a recently killed soldier.  Pretty much having to lie through my teeth here :-\
Eergh. That part of your job description?

I sincerely hope I never have to be the one to comfort my niece. 9 more years and my brother can get his ass out with a pension. Not like we'll have any more major wars in 9 years, right?  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49467 on: July 20, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »

Eergh. That part of your job description?

I sincerely hope I never have to be the one to comfort my niece. 9 more years and my brother can get his ass out with a pension. Not like we'll have any more major wars in 9 years, right?  ::)
*postpones plans for world domination 10 years*

not anymore!
Much obliged!  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #49468 on: July 20, 2012, 04:52:43 pm »

I got a like-new IBM model M keyboard recently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

The only keyboard you can use to kill a man, then write his obituary with.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #49469 on: July 20, 2012, 05:05:33 pm »

I got a like-new IBM model M keyboard recently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

The only keyboard you can use to kill a man, then write his obituary with.
I loved my model m. unfortunately mine had the ancient extra large keyboard plug, and nothing has been compatible with it for the better part of a decade.

Theoretically there is a company out there making new Model M's, but I don't know if they are up to the old standards.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3296 3297 [3298] 3299 3300 ... 8167