Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3291 3292 [3293] 3294 3295 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443368 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49380 on: July 18, 2012, 03:29:02 am »

Someone's going to have an interesting explanation tomorrow morning  :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49381 on: July 18, 2012, 04:37:47 am »

Did my senior R just say she's still doing door shifts? And did she volunteer or just got browned into doing ?
I like her, but suspect that in less than two years I'll be the one having to protect here--- and JUST NOW I GOT  INTERRoGATED BY THE ANESTHESIA HEAD in real time

Edit.: false alarmphew

Either drunk or is testing out his dictation software.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49382 on: July 18, 2012, 06:12:15 am »

... drunk? It was morning over here
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49383 on: July 18, 2012, 06:14:22 am »

...So? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49384 on: July 18, 2012, 06:42:24 am »

Hung over?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49385 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:31 am »

I used to get drunk in the mornings all the time. Time of day doesn't matter.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49386 on: July 18, 2012, 11:12:39 am »

Really stressed and really anxious about having no affordable place to live lined up, and less than 2 weeks to find one. Want to return to school, but stressed about affording that when I'm still climbing out of debt, and when I really need to be working full-time and not going to school. Realizing that I really don't have many options open to me but swallowing what pride remains me and asking my father if I can move in with him, which would mean saying goodbye to my town, my cats, my friends, and most of my life. It would also mean taking a more active role in taking care of my aging grandfather, which is incredibly emotionally challenging for me... since he was basically my father once my dad left.

All of this is a very familiar ball of stress and anxiety, garnished with a pinch of self-loathing: maybe my life goals need a readjustment, or maybe I am as big a failure as I feel, and don't really have a shot at any of the things I seem to want to do. I know that I need to do something. I've got to break this cycle, but I don't if this is how to do it, or even where to start. I want to keep trying to scrape by my living on my own, to not keep accepting handouts or gifts... but I'm not sure that's even feasible, at least without a lot of very meager times ahead.

My drive and self-worth is closely connected to my pride... and that depends on my ability to "be successful", whatever situation I happen to be in. When I admit that I've not succeeded at survival in modern society... that I've lost that sense of success at life itself, I don't know what I'll have left other than still being alive.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49387 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42:28 pm »

Really stressed and really anxious about having no affordable place to live lined up, and less than 2 weeks to find one. Want to return to school, but stressed about affording that when I'm still climbing out of debt, and when I really need to be working full-time and not going to school. Realizing that I really don't have many options open to me but swallowing what pride remains me and asking my father if I can move in with him, which would mean saying goodbye to my town, my cats, my friends, and most of my life. It would also mean taking a more active role in taking care of my aging grandfather, which is incredibly emotionally challenging for me... since he was basically my father once my dad left.

All of this is a very familiar ball of stress and anxiety, garnished with a pinch of self-loathing: maybe my life goals need a readjustment, or maybe I am as big a failure as I feel, and don't really have a shot at any of the things I seem to want to do. I know that I need to do something. I've got to break this cycle, but I don't if this is how to do it, or even where to start. I want to keep trying to scrape by my living on my own, to not keep accepting handouts or gifts... but I'm not sure that's even feasible, at least without a lot of very meager times ahead.

My drive and self-worth is closely connected to my pride... and that depends on my ability to "be successful", whatever situation I happen to be in. When I admit that I've not succeeded at survival in modern society... that I've lost that sense of success at life itself, I don't know what I'll have left other than still being alive.

For whatever it might be worth, I'm sorry.

You know, it is honestly people in your position that make me wonder if purchasing an old foreclosed house and throwing $10,000 and my time in repairs at it to rent 4 nice bedrooms at $300/month each with all utilities included (internet and cable) wouldn't work. The problem would be finding the people who could get along to the point of not killing each other, not run up the electric bill etc, not do drugs, and dependably not damage the place/give me a reason to damage them. You... seem like a decent enough sort for that. It's everybody else I'd be concerned about. [sigh] If only I could tell people like you from the rest of them, reliably.

In that note, have you looked into renting a room? Possibly to someone who rents to college students?

In any event, moving in with your parents wouldn't be something I'd be ashamed of in this terrible economy if you can manage it, honestly.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:44:52 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #49388 on: July 18, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49389 on: July 18, 2012, 03:13:50 pm »

-snip-
you'd accept, purely because of the cats.

... :P.

Actually, no. Have seen too many cats destroy too much for that. My cat is declawed and rather well behaved. Aside from not liking small children/tail pulling, and hiding if anyone under 4 ft tall comes over she actually is rather well behaved. She hasn't destroyed anything in about 12 years, and sits in front of company and meows if she wants attention. If you ignore her, then she leaves, though usually in a huff. Most people think their cat is my cat, no. Just like they think their kid is awesome, no.

Pets present a unique problem for rentals and that is sad, honestly I wish there were a better system to make sure all concerns were addressed.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49390 on: July 18, 2012, 03:19:46 pm »

If there is time, than the landlord spends time with the pet. A week or so.

If, at the end of the week, the pet is behaved, yay he gets to stay!

PROBLEM SOLVED.

NEXT PROBLEM?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49391 on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:26 pm »

PROBLEM SOLVED.

NEXT PROBLEM?
Dealing with 20+ requests for pets from potential tenants :P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49392 on: July 18, 2012, 03:22:01 pm »

There was a while where my showers were always "Aw yeah, I'm going to go out and have fun tonight, time to clean up for that."

Now they're "I'm bored. I need to shower sometime today, might as well be now."

Having nothing to do poorly tints my attitude about everything.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49393 on: July 18, 2012, 03:27:31 pm »

PROBLEM SOLVED.

NEXT PROBLEM?
Outsource it to someone who's judgement you trust.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

NEXT PROBLEM?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49394 on: July 18, 2012, 03:29:30 pm »

PROBLEM SOLVED.

NEXT PROBLEM?
Outsource it to someone who's judgement you trust.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

NEXT PROBLEM?
Paying enough to encourage a stranger to watch a animal for a week to determine its temperament.
Pages: 1 ... 3291 3292 [3293] 3294 3295 ... 8167