Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3288 3289 [3290] 3291 3292 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9444366 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49335 on: July 16, 2012, 03:23:01 pm »

Um... don't you mean a 180?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49336 on: July 16, 2012, 03:25:57 pm »

So a bowling pin?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49337 on: July 16, 2012, 03:28:05 pm »

Oh hey, guess what i found in my Wikia message box today!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can you copypaste? It's bound to be amusing
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49338 on: July 16, 2012, 03:29:23 pm »

A moonwalked bowling pin.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49339 on: July 16, 2012, 03:29:52 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #49340 on: July 16, 2012, 03:38:35 pm »

I know its a dumb thing to be sad about.

But the Transformer Infinity was released today and it sold out before I could order one.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49341 on: July 16, 2012, 04:42:16 pm »

Can you copypaste? It's bound to be amusing
It was literally a 2-liner devoid of human thought, which could have very well been spat out by an automated content check. While i deleted the original and so can't repost it here for hilarity on how bad it was, the premise is basically as bad as what you see on SCP-001's splash page. It was "in context" roleplay as defining my request to post on their wiki as a "breach of security" and "not using the proper authorization" in my request form, or some silly clubhouse garbage like that. Literally, it was a textbook example from the textbook titled "How to Alienate Your Fanbase 101" under the category of "Roleplay" which would read as follows: "Force them to roleplay anyways in every situation, even in out of context introductions for first-timers."
... Which, now that i think about it, exactly mirrors that one King of the Hill episode involving the 'king' of a medieval themepark and his interaction with Hank being ye olde england speech. Which was all the goddamn time.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:45:38 pm by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49342 on: July 16, 2012, 04:49:01 pm »

But the real kick in the pants came just hours ago. I'm sure by now most of you know about that SCP wikia site, filled with creepy-pasta and generally scary stories. So i think to myself "Yeah i could do that." Read the pages and rules and crap, and apply. Somehow, i completely neglect to read the paragraph concerning the "Twisted Fire" passphrase until my second reading of the FAQ. Does... Does this actually fucking mean i'm going to get my application denied? To childish schoolyard bullshit with passwords hidden in mountains of text that any dumbass can possibly copy/paste from an external source without even reading the rules, or being asked what the rules are? Please, make my post in this thread invalid if anyone who knows if this is true or not is or isn't the case... I just... Goddamnit, what the hell?
... And after such an optimistic comparison of relating the SCP wiki to a modern, internet-based "Are You Afraid of the Dark" and "Goosebumps" short horror story TV shows of my childhood. :'(

The password is there to make sure that you read the FAQ thoroughly, which I guess you clearly didn't. It's not random bullshit, it's insurance.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49343 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »

Imo the password-thing is kind of stupid. And so is the faq, tbh (I went to check it out of curiosity. It's rife with dumb and irrelevant stuff.).So I think Mechanoid has a point.

Then again, for what little I know from the SCP community, I surmise that it's a deep-running plague that has been around from the start. They kicked out one of their most prolific members some years ago because of... something bloody stupid, IIRC. And he retailated by being even more juvenile and demanding his "stories" to be pulled from the site
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49344 on: July 16, 2012, 05:06:30 pm »

IIRC, it was something like him being a gigantic asshole. I was around when he was, but not when he left.

Also, it's necessary because there's been a HUGE influx of people recently, and they want to keep the quality as high as it's ever been. I was in a tinychat with Dexanote, Bright, and a few other people and we were told that there were over 1,000,000 people who visited the site in March 2012. That's huge. SCP:CB, SCP-087-B and all the let's plays thereof have garnered huge amounts of attention.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49345 on: July 16, 2012, 05:11:46 pm »

The thing is that as he pointed out, that password does not mean reading the faq. And the faq is so full of silly stuff that I fail how reading it would  guarantee quality, tbh. Hell, look at the preceding text

" What is procedure 110-Montauk? An amateur shadowcast of the Rocky Horror picture Show.

What, really? Well, no, probably not. But, see, that's the point of expungement and redaction, you can fill in your own answer! Whatever is done to that poor girl, is ENTIRELY your fault, because you made it up.

But it involves rape, right? No.

Oh, good! It's worse then that. Rape would be gentle compared to what they actually do. Hope that helps you sleep at night!

173 is totally based on the weeping angels, right? No, actually! 173 came out a couple of months before the weeping angels
_

It doesn't surprise me that people stop reading after that

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49346 on: July 16, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Those aren't random bullshit. Those are actual FAQs. I've seen way too fucking often people going "wats procedure 110-montauk", or people saying "stupid fucking ripoff of weeping angels".

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49347 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:30 pm »

Every time I work up the urge to do something productive, something comes along to impede it from happening efficiently.
I've decided, finally, that I want to start modding DF myself, and started doing that today. But now I have to go driving soon. And that's really thrown me off. Because now I'm stressing about how much I don't want to drive to my schools this fall, as well as not being able to start up because I'll be interrupted within an hour.
This also happens every time I try to read a book. Every time.

Additionally, my family is trying to make me change my sleep schedule. Again. Because, apparently, they respect the dog more than me.

On the other hand, the guys didn't come harass me today, so that was some stress averted.

Mechanoid, couldn't you just resubmit the application, with the passcode included?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49348 on: July 17, 2012, 04:52:30 am »

So I went to put on my PJ pants in the dirty clothes pile in the bathroom, and am surprised by a wet butt. Further inspection reveals that the cat has peed on all of my dirty clothes. I only have two weeks worth of clothes since I'm on vacation, cat! :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49349 on: July 17, 2012, 04:53:37 am »

Be grateful it peed on the dirty ones.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 3288 3289 [3290] 3291 3292 ... 8167