Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3287 3288 [3289] 3290 3291 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446230 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49320 on: July 16, 2012, 05:19:52 am »

Watch out before submitting an article.
First make it in the sandbox, and then ask in the IRC, else you'll get EXTREMELY harsh critics.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49321 on: July 16, 2012, 05:21:32 am »

Wrote my car off via head on crash with a bus...  ::)
This is a blank sig.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49322 on: July 16, 2012, 06:04:34 am »

My goodness, are you alright?
Most people don't walk away from head on crashes.

My gripe today is that (however minute and trivial this may seem), that none of my uni friends saw fit to tag me in their facebook messages stating their timetables. Time and time again, I'm the only one not tagged. :(

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49323 on: July 16, 2012, 06:05:40 am »

Watch out before submitting an article.
First make it in the sandbox, and then ask in the IRC, else you'll get EXTREMELY harsh critics.
Oh, i already guessed that would happen the moment i read the line in the other required reading pages. About what to not ever talk about. (IE: Fatal) I'm just bummed that i was so excited and hopeful (hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, as neckbeards who play WH40K would say to me) that submitting to a "let me post something you might like in your damn clubhouse already" check could fail just because SECRETPASSWORDS. Are they serious? Is it necessary? I just don't know, because some of the other guide pages are filled with terribly unfunny and literally "this isn't even page-related!" crap about mustaches being better than mine. [edit - so basically i'm torn between: leaving my heartfelt original request be possibly denied on some bullshit, or stick a soulless password phrase which might get denied anyways due to my inevitably sarcastic, "punch people over the internet" tone of the follow-up request.]

Wrote my car off via head on crash with a bus...  ::)
The car crumples so your body doesn't.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:10:42 am by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49324 on: July 16, 2012, 06:11:04 am »

Absolutley fine. Was relativley low speed (combined closing speed of less than 30 MPH - airbags didnt even deploy on my car nor the bus), and the crash only happened due to very wet/muddy/leafy road and resticted veiw (overgrown bushes). Minimal damage to bus (no passengers on it for some reason), and no injuries to me or my 5 yr old daughter who was in the front with me - the noise scared the shits out of her though. The mess on the front of my car was teriffic though - all twisted and caved in - crumple zones do exactly what they say they do.
This is a blank sig.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49325 on: July 16, 2012, 06:25:33 am »

Aye, the crashes I have been in (two of them, one as a passenger, one as a cyclist) thankfully neither were severely injurious.

Injuries from the passenger crash: I suffered nothing more than a fright. We went sideways two metres into a drainage ditch on a gravel road out in the middle of nowhere, but mum being the awesome rally driver she is, threw the car around so the rear hit the ditch rather than the front or side, which would've been a much more serious injury.

From the cyclist crash: The car struck my front wheel (I was doing about 65km/h, or ~ 40 mi/h?, they were doing about 55) and I went arse-over-tit, bounced on the bonnet, landed on the other side and skidded a good metre, with my head grinding on the ground during. I was glad I wore a helmet!
Injuries from that were- multiple lacerations and abrasions, a heck of a fright, sprained / strained ankle joints and a muscle in my lower body torn from trying to right myself mid flight. The bike survived with minor damage to the fork which was easily repaired. Still got scars!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49326 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:54 am »

I just want to know how could you manage 65km/h??

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49327 on: July 16, 2012, 06:42:09 am »

The bike one makes it sound like you are lucky to be alive.

I am angry when thinking about mine more than anything. I was driving slowly and carefully taking all precautions due to the weather and road conditions, and still managed to have a crash. The bus was far too big for the road, but I knoew that buses like that used the road and have been saying for a long time that they are too big for the route - way to go and prove it right? Just thankful it was a low speed bus, not some agricultural vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist, or oncoming car at high speed.
This is a blank sig.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49328 on: July 16, 2012, 06:47:54 am »

Aye, I guess I was. The helmet's polystyrene had a largeish crack in it, so I had to replace it...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49329 on: July 16, 2012, 10:24:07 am »

Hope your insurance will pay for the damage, or the bus company's insurance.   At least the good thing about getting hit by a bus is that you don't have to worry about them not having insurance!   Well, as long as it's a real bus chain and not "Bob and Bob's Discount Budget Transportation Company"

Minor sad.  Computer headset fell apart while on my head.  First the earpeice with the mic fell, and when I reached down to collect it off the floor the other earpeice fell off, leaving me with the crossbar the only thing on my head.  Seemed the same piece snapped on each side.  I admit they do get dropped every so often, but I would expect if they broke they would break when dropped, not when on my head.   Oh well, guess I just get to go look for a more durable headset brand.  I did kinda like this headset though.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #49330 on: July 16, 2012, 11:32:45 am »

I just want to know how could you manage 65km/h??

I managed to do 38 mph on a cheap wal-mart bike (this ended with a wet pile of leaves, a 30 foot long plow through roadside gravel and a severed ear), a high quality street bike could do better.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49331 on: July 16, 2012, 11:52:17 am »

Minor sad.  Computer headset fell apart while on my head.  First the earpeice with the mic fell, and when I reached down to collect it off the floor the other earpeice fell off, leaving me with the crossbar the only thing on my head.  Seemed the same piece snapped on each side.  I admit they do get dropped every so often, but I would expect if they broke they would break when dropped, not when on my head.   Oh well, guess I just get to go look for a more durable headset brand.  I did kinda like this headset though.
All the headsets I get seem to break easily. Can barely fit them around my head without breaking the cheap-ass plastic they are made of. Then there's how they are just uncomfortable in general, pulling on my hair, making my ears sweaty, etc.

My advice is to get little earpieces, because they don't break so easily, and a stand alone microphone nearby.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49332 on: July 16, 2012, 11:55:10 am »

I buy the cheapest headsets I can find and they last for years. Even after stepping on them and such.

Are you sure you guys aren't like, bulldozing them or something? Or maybe some really expensive and sensitive ones?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49333 on: July 16, 2012, 01:15:20 pm »

Havent cycled in years since knocked off by my uncle and he was forced to stop and pick me up and give a lift to me by his kids otherwise i would have been left there. Still had to lug busted bike and myself the final 1/4 mile to house as he didnt want to go to my house. Busted shoulder and bike.

year before this i got to 45 mph on bike down a hill and the speddo broke. so no idea what final speed was, but had to put brakes on anyway due to river at bottom of road.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:14:57 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49334 on: July 16, 2012, 03:12:42 pm »

Oh hey, guess what i found in my Wikia message box today!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:26:45 pm by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"
Pages: 1 ... 3287 3288 [3289] 3290 3291 ... 8167