Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3285 3286 [3287] 3288 3289 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446952 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49290 on: July 15, 2012, 05:59:15 pm »

Two friends* just called, saying they would pick me up tomorrow to go camping. I told them I wasn't going, but they're still trying. I really don't want to go. I'm having even more problems than usual with dealing with stress. It's not the camping itself that's the problem. I told them I don't want to go because I'm too lazy. I feel kind of guilty. But really, thinking about it, there's no good reason to go camp with them anyway. Already slightly stressed from this.

* The two friends: I talk to them at school and have been to their houses on their birthdays. Used to be best friends with one. Not exactly close friends, but the closest I have apart from my RP group friends.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49291 on: July 15, 2012, 06:02:39 pm »

What made me sad today was that I realised that I haven't spoken to Lectorog in too long. Imissyouandloveyoubro<3.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49292 on: July 15, 2012, 06:09:18 pm »

Wait what? Why would someone care about me? I'm boring. Possibly the least interesting frequent poster here.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49293 on: July 15, 2012, 06:12:25 pm »

Hey, that's better than me: I'm only interesting by how thoroughly I embarrass myself.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49294 on: July 15, 2012, 06:13:54 pm »

You say useful and interesting things. I don't see you as a fool, so you must not be doing a very good job of embarrassing yourself.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49295 on: July 15, 2012, 06:14:31 pm »

Fine! I'll try harder then!

:P
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49296 on: July 15, 2012, 06:52:40 pm »

... Hi!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49297 on: July 15, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »

*Bukit leaves the room*

no part in this

im kinda new

not too funny

when I am I take jokes too far.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49298 on: July 15, 2012, 07:56:36 pm »

This got kind of long and rambly, but I'm not ashamed enough (yet) to put spoiler tags around it. My current emotions can be pretty well summed up with a sigh.

Two friends* just called, saying they would pick me up tomorrow to go camping. I told them I wasn't going, but they're still trying. I really don't want to go. I'm having even more problems than usual with dealing with stress. It's not the camping itself that's the problem. I told them I don't want to go because I'm too lazy. I feel kind of guilty. But really, thinking about it, there's no good reason to go camp with them anyway. Already slightly stressed from this.
I'm not entirely sure what my reluctance is. Part of it may be that, the last time I tried something new, it made me more miserable than anything previously has. As is, "more seriously thinking about suicide" miserable. And I was already thinking about those sorts of things, but the cause is a long, different story.

These guys aren't my friends. They don't understand me, they don't understand what's going on with me now, and they don't understand what this is doing to me. They like me because I'm smart and they think blunt cynicism is funny; and I haven't been voicing any of the latter since my sophomore year of high school. I've changed so much over the last year; but that's another matter.
I hate it when people trying to help makes things worse. I end up making nice people feel bad; and I don't feel guilty, instead letting it feed into my hatred of (the majority of) humanity.

Pre-edit: Wow, just realized that Descan registered in September of '11. Descan, you're very good at integrating yourself.
Don't worry, bukitodinos, you're not bad.

Predit2: It is mid-July of 2012. It's not 2011 anymore, or early 2012. I've seriously just lost all sense of time. I know it's advancing, and everything keeps changing, but... Something just isn't the same. Doesn't feel the same. Technology's advance is going terribly now, as far as I know, but that's not it - that's an entirely different sadness.
And3: Parts of Summer of '11 and one day of the fall were the best times of my life. I really miss that. I don't know if I'll ever feel that great again.
4: The only nostalgia I have is for times I didn't even take part in.
4.5: Aside from above (3), I have nothing in my life to look back fondly on. I don't even keep memories. I know that things happened, but... I dunno. I don't really remember things, so much as remember that they happened.

Maybe I should just go write this down on paper, but I feel like talking to people right now. Even if I'm not actually.
*sigh*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49299 on: July 15, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »

Important part is you said it where someone can hear :)

I got not advice that would actually be helpful, but I can offer my sympathies.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49300 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04:19 pm »

I'm not sure if integrating easily is a good thing. :P I lurked for a few years, so that might have helped?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #49301 on: July 15, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

* Vattic is still trying to integrate since 2008 but still feels an outsider.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49302 on: July 15, 2012, 09:05:48 pm »

I just showed up and started soapboxing.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49303 on: July 15, 2012, 09:07:21 pm »

Don't worry, Vattic. You're inside us all.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49304 on: July 15, 2012, 09:09:06 pm »

I sorta feel like an in-betweener.  Like I'm accepted but sorta ignored for the most part these days.
Pages: 1 ... 3285 3286 [3287] 3288 3289 ... 8167