Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3282 3283 [3284] 3285 3286 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448774 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49245 on: July 14, 2012, 05:44:44 pm »

SalmonGod: kaijyuu, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today?

kaijyuu: An obscure penguin in the Bay12 System, your majesty. The inhabitants refer to him as greatorder.

SalmonGod:  Fap for me...

* Descan enjoys the fapping.

Descan:  Most effective your majesty!  Will you *CENSORED* this greatorder?

SalmonGod:  Later.  I like to play with things a while.... before *CENSORED*.

Strangest thing I've ever been inspired to write on this forum :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:48:12 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49246 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:29 pm »

*cracks knuckles*

come get me.

*Censored*

greatorder!  greatorder I love you!  But we only have 14 hours to *CENSORED* the earth!

Ok I'm done :P
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49247 on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »

Shit shit shit. Friend went through several nasty breakups in the past few years and just told us he blames himself for all of it. My advice and sympathy sucks too D:
Phew. Was able to talk him out of it over the course of the day. He's always saying he doesn't know how to express himself, and we've known he's had drinking problems due to stress, so today really helped him I hope.

Got me worried there, though. This is a guy who's almost killed himself from drinking too much, and then said he'd spent most of the day with a bottle in hand due to feeling down.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49248 on: July 14, 2012, 07:21:22 pm »

01:12 in the morning.

'I'm thirsty, I'll go downstairs to get a drink!'
*opens door to black staircase*
*suddenly thinks of mothman*
*closes door*

goddammit, nature! why make us easily scared when tired?

Oh you're fine.  Mothman wouldn't be hiding on the black staircase.  Slenderman would.  All you have to do is not think about him and you're safe.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #49249 on: July 14, 2012, 07:30:53 pm »

I was inexplicably and suddenly reminded of a small gaming community that I used to frequent a year or two ago. It had entered a slump/decline at the time due to the original server owner being unable to keep one of the major servers up. Finally found its forum after mis-guessing the URL several times, and realize that it's been purged and is basically dead, with a few posts a month at most. It's a bit weird looking back on what's basically an internet wastelend and remembering the time in which it once thrived. Bay 12 was actually the first forum that I came across after "leaving" it that had a similar level of kindness and intelligence amongst its users. I'm very glad I came here.

On a happier note, many of the people from that community had been added to my Steam friends list a while ago and are still around. Since Steam is apparently coming to Linux at some point soon, I might install it and get in contact with them again...
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49250 on: July 14, 2012, 07:59:06 pm »

Dark stairways aren't for mothman or slender man. They're for SCP-087, sillies.
Greatorder, if you haven't played the game(s) yet, do it. You need to be truly afraid of your staircase.

Slender man prefers lit places, where you can see him better as he mind-rapes you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49251 on: July 14, 2012, 08:51:45 pm »

01:12 in the morning.

'I'm thirsty, I'll go downstairs to get a drink!'
*opens door to black staircase*
*suddenly thinks of mothman*
*closes door*

goddammit, nature! why make us easily scared when tired?

Oh you're fine.  Mothman wouldn't be hiding on the black staircase.  Slenderman would.  All you have to do is not think about him and you're safe.
slenderman? why would h-
*blood splatters onto screen*
THE GAME

You have lost it.

Remember kids, when you play the game and lose, it comes to life and kills you.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49252 on: July 14, 2012, 10:23:03 pm »

met a weirdo city person who has a reality problem.
Why?
Because she did not want to sit on some grass on the park on the grounds of "worms live in it and its real". Apparently real grass is horribly icky and fake plastic stuff is so much cleaner. She has never gone to the seaside and no interest in going as fish piss in it and sharrks will eat her. she loves concrete as its clean and solid and not natural. Also hates fresh food and is addicted to processed everything as its clean and not from the dirty ground. more to my WFT moment was when I discovered she thought milk and eggs come from factories.
As someone born and living in the deep countryside, who grew up on a farm and has a hatred of cities and increasing hatred of those who come from that culture (dont get me started on the culchies either). I like my cows and love eggs esp goose eggs. This from her was close to saying she was a idiot and nutter.
How can anyone in this day and age not know where eggs and milk come from? To actually like concrete instead of reality?
She was a fine holestein type girl as well, such a pity she is nuts.
Views? do you think like her aor have come across this city damaged thinking.

yea yea cross post
Stuck this here as her thinking makes me sad for the future of the world. and me losing her.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49253 on: July 14, 2012, 10:56:08 pm »

I feel angry, I feel sad, I feel helpless... I'm in agony this has been going on not just for days but for weeks. Weeks of frigging anxiety, fears, and nightmares over the stupidest issues. This happens every time I try to get my life back on track, I don't know how to fix this, I don't know how to deal with this, I don't know how much longer I can keep trying.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #49254 on: July 15, 2012, 12:32:25 am »

It always seems to crash down harder when you try making goals to get things straight. The important thing, I think, is to keep trying. We don't have to live with a false sense of optimism - We just have to believe that even the smallest efforts will make a difference, even if it's only in our own lives.

Honestly, I find my low points the most interesting times. Sure, it's nice being on an upswing and being ridiculously happy for no reason, but darkness creates such a stark contrast to the things around me. This becomes even more stark at work - One moment, I see a parent playing with his or her child, the next, an old man with no legs wandering the aisles in an electric cart. Compare both to me, where I'm sullen and moody, feeling like my efforts are meaningless and I should just pretend to be sick to go home - A future full of potential, a past full of painful accomplishment, and a present with neither.*

Sadness is a heavy burden, but it teaches us more about ourselves and the world than any other emotion. It also makes you feel rather poetic. Considering that a number of artists and even a few charismatic leaders suffered from melancholia, these thoughts - That sadness creates wisdom and creativity - Doesn't come too much as a surprise.

*From my warped, manic depressant viewpoint. I know I can get somewhere in life, but it's hard to see through the haze when it gets so thick.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49255 on: July 15, 2012, 03:21:05 am »

My computer finally died. It had a ton of files I was not able to extract. D:

Well, it has been replaced with an office-type computer, but it kinda sucks to see the PC you've used for years and years finally croak and head to machine heaven.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49256 on: July 15, 2012, 04:21:40 am »

THE GAME
It's been going on for 8 years. I don't think the game'll ever die. EVER.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49257 on: July 15, 2012, 06:25:59 am »

she thought milk and eggs come from factories

My ex's kids didn't believe me when I told them where meat came from. :P And my ex wasn't too impressed that I corrected their little illusion either.

Not much annoys me more than society's tendency to mask the truth from children under the assumption that THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! :P Sorry I always think of that movie when those words come to mind...

I can only wonder how different the world might be if reality weren't shied away from at every opportunity (thanks to the politically correct movement) especially in children who're supposed to be learning to function in reality as they grow into adults.

The way things are, you hit your teenage years and there's a slight chance you'll start noticing here and there little pieces of BS that you were taught at some point (or obvious truths you were never taught), and I'm not just talking about Santa Claus. If you're lucky, you spend your whole life trying to figure out what these things are, because things you've already been taught are harder to notice and question than things you just heard for the first time.

-

But as for things that made me sad today (besides that little story about a chick who was afraid of grass and dirt) I've been somewhat unhappy about not having memorized the menu in a month at work. The depressing thing isn't being newish so much as it's the annoyance shown on the faces of my co-workers when I ask questions. Apparently I must be a dumb shit for not being able to run the whole show by myself by now.

Part of me just wants to say "F*** you all, I'm outta here" but I need the job. Just goes to show I need to have thick skin working in the food industry.

It might sound like this is something that made me angry today, which it kinda is, but it made me very sad to think of how useless I seem to be at this point.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49258 on: July 15, 2012, 08:15:21 am »

Confidence Levels rapidly descending. :/

I wish I was more carefree.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49259 on: July 15, 2012, 08:24:45 am »

I wish I was more carefree.
As cheesy as it sounds, you always have the power to change that.
Internet bro fists all round
Pages: 1 ... 3282 3283 [3284] 3285 3286 ... 8167