Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3280 3281 [3282] 3283 3284 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449177 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49215 on: July 13, 2012, 02:09:26 am »

Aye, I will agree. People barely remember highschool or are pleasantly surprised by the change wrought in you. I'm well liked now due to the spectre of depression finally disappearing, and people now say "Reudh, were you always so cheerful?"

And I say "Not always, but it's here to stay!".

Keeping a positive outlook on life helps. I can empathise with your highschool grievances, having gone through most of them myself.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49216 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:11 am »

So uh...

My grandma is dead. I saw her after she passed.

I basically broke.

I'm feeling better but I still have a wound in my heart.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49217 on: July 13, 2012, 02:46:00 am »

So uh...

I basically broke.

I know that feel bro. I remember when my great-grandpa passed. 'Twas a sombre time.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49218 on: July 13, 2012, 02:52:50 am »

Descan, I know that feel, man, happened to me several years ago. Still haven't totally went over that...

* Haspen gives Descan all the hugs.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #49219 on: July 13, 2012, 11:07:32 am »

So uh...

I basically broke.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know how you feel to lose a grandparent, I spent many weeks every summer at my grandma's and it was tough when she passed away.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49220 on: July 13, 2012, 11:16:17 am »

@Descan

Uhh... sorry for that. I've seen my brother's girlfriend's mother cry so hard after her mother (grandmother to my bro's GF) died, and I can tell you it wasn't a good experience at all.

Everyone at school is now labelling me as an introvert who lacks confidence. Which is very true. I mean, was it really that obvious?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49221 on: July 13, 2012, 11:35:56 am »

Everyone at school is now labelling me as an introvert who lacks confidence. Which is very true. I mean, was it really that obvious?
I hope they're not being jerks about it. :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49222 on: July 13, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »

My condolences to Descan, losing a loved one is a hard thing to overcome in life.

So more driving around today. Not on business, I'm just looking for a gaming shop that's apparently in a part of town I never frequent. Thanks to some faulty directions from the locals and my own faulty ability to follow them, I make a big retarded circle around two towns. During this adventure, I forgot to put on my gas cap and lost it at a gas stations, embarrassed myself driving around for maybe 20 miles with the gas hatch open, nearly got hit by a semi, drove on the 70 mile/hour freeway when my car struggles to get past 55 without shaking thanks to one of my tires not being balanced or something, had to stop into parking lots several times to collect myself, didn't get anything productive accomplished, and saw an old man riding a tiny old clown car.

Now that I have the power of google maps, I know exactly where it is, but even if I'm sure they'll be open late thanks to the weekly FNM, I'm hesitant to leave home again for today.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49223 on: July 13, 2012, 04:15:02 pm »

So uh...

I basically broke.

* MaximumZero  hugs Descan.

Fell better, bro. Let me know if you need a shoulder.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49224 on: July 13, 2012, 06:14:59 pm »

drove on the 70 mile/hour freeway when my car struggles to get past 55 without shaking thanks to one of my tires not being balanced or something,

I'd get that fixed as soon as humanly possible. That's not good.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49225 on: July 13, 2012, 06:55:11 pm »

I hope they're not being jerks about it. :(

I sure do hope so, I mean I can't hear what they talk about behind my back. And to answer your question, they haven't been acting like jerks yet, but if I do keep this up, they might associate me with those two shameful traits of mine.

Also, I've been failing math class. Hard.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49226 on: July 13, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »

Eh, I'd argue that neither trait is "shameful." There's nothing inherently bad about being a loner or lacking confidence. That's what I meant when I asked if they were being jerks; if they've noticed, I do hope they're offering a hand to help, and not further ostracizing you.

Being introverted and lacking confidence is just part of who you are. If you want to change that, that's fine, but don't bring "shame" into the equation. Beating yourself up over it, or allowing others to insult you over it, is the opposite of helpful and will in fact inhibit you from changing. Vicious cycles, and all that.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49227 on: July 13, 2012, 08:02:52 pm »

Well, thanks... I guess?

I just said that because "Everyone is expected to be friendly, and therefore a functioning member of society" mentality is kind of imprinted in most everyones' minds, and because of that, loners are freaks of society and all that sh*t.

It isn't easy for me to strike small talk between other people, but everyone expects everyone to be as open as a girl's diary being read aloud in a conference.

Thing is, they want me to talk history. I won't, because it will just jeopardize my family's reputation. And I'm avoiding them to keep them from interrogating me. Because of that, they're labelling me as an introvert.

Of course, since I'm lacking confidence, I took whatever they said to heart, and now, I'm wondering if being myself is bad, if you're really just someone who wants his solitude without them prying into your life.

FAKEDIT: I don't know what I'm typing anymore...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49228 on: July 13, 2012, 08:20:39 pm »

I don't know either, but it's probably helpful to talk :) As long as you're comfortable talking.

I know far too many people (myself included) who have self confidence issues and know it. It's a vicious cycle because once you realize that, you stop yourself from trying because "I'll get scared and screw up," further complicating things and making more likely you screw up or not even try in the first place. Case and point, I'm afraid I offended you and it's almost kept me from posting this out of fear of digging myself deeper.

Fear and shame about self confidence needs to be eliminated before one can actually gain some.

Anyway, do you think holding back about your history is bad? I don't think you do. Therefore, it's not bad, despite what others might say or think. Don't be ashamed.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49229 on: July 13, 2012, 09:33:19 pm »

drove on the 70 mile/hour freeway when my car struggles to get past 55 without shaking thanks to one of my tires not being balanced or something,

I'd get that fixed as soon as humanly possible. That's not good.

I had a tire explode on me while I was going about 70 on the interstate.  It was rather scary.  The tires on that car had some kind of work done on them a few days before and weren't aligned properly.  The car swayed slightly when it got up around 65-70, but I didn't think much of it... until my tire was suddenly spaghetti and I barely kept control of the car while coming to a stop, surrounded by traffic.

Definitely get that taken care of.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3280 3281 [3282] 3283 3284 ... 8167