Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453024 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49125 on: July 11, 2012, 12:14:27 am »

I apologize for causing you stress.  :( It certainly is not my intention.
It's not your fault at all; no-one but me is the cause. I tried to make that point in my post, but I guess I didn't very well.

EDIT: While I have this post, I'll ask: Is it bad that this forum is my Internet home page and I don't feel welcome here? Also, the whole "1581 posts, over 31 days spent on here" thing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:26:00 am by Lectorog »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49126 on: July 11, 2012, 12:28:44 am »

That's probably not a good thing at least. I'm fairly sure everyone is welcome here as long as they act like a human being and not a troll. 
Hehe. I welcome you. :D I always enjoy speaking to people who have a radically different viewpoint than me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49127 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:31 am »

37 days 19 minutes and 3072 posts. Heh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49128 on: July 11, 2012, 12:43:39 am »

I scored an 8 on that quiz thingy.

Also, if these people will put up with my stupidity and general asinine-ness, I'm sure you're wholeheartedly welcome, Lectorog.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49129 on: July 11, 2012, 12:45:36 am »

I hate, hate, hate drugs so damn much.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:18:28 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49130 on: July 11, 2012, 12:46:49 am »

91 days/3 hours and 4516 posts

Never checked my post count before... way more than I was expecting.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49131 on: July 11, 2012, 12:51:48 am »

While on the one hand my one friend is finally off the fucking meth and may actually have a chance at really caring for her kid again, I just found a band member strung way the shit out. Guy hates me, because I tossed his ass in rehab. You're welcome, you prick, who is going to be alive to complain at me instead of dead of overdose. I guess the rest of the band and I are kinda screwed until and unless he straightens his shit out. I'm sorta hoping he can do "outpatient" therapy instead of basically being locked down inside the place.

That rehab center should give me a referral fee or something. I guess point being, I'm all for somebody doing that, cause I do NOT get paid to put up with this shit.
You should refer to said band member to Jimi Hendrix...or...well...pretty much every musician ever that wasn't a) accidental or b) violent suicide.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49132 on: July 11, 2012, 01:35:10 am »

Reason #55 I'm glad I don't know anyone who does meth

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #49133 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:06 am »

I'm pretty much completely bummed about how pointless my life feels, and am about as stable as a ten-foot stack of plates.

And folks keep bumping into my little tower of glass, because I can't bring myself to tell them how messed up I am right now. :-\
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49134 on: July 11, 2012, 09:46:46 am »

I'm pretty much completely bummed about how pointless my life feels, and am about as stable as a ten-foot stack of plates.

And folks keep bumping into my little tower of glass, because I can't bring myself to tell them how messed up I am right now. :-\
I was in your exact position ~2 weeks ago. Know what helped the most? Telling people how messed up I was. I ranted here and a few other places and it was like a dam breaking, letting loose all that pent up crap.

So go talk to someone :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49135 on: July 11, 2012, 10:25:52 am »

@Truean, Maximum Zero, Penguin of Honor: And that's why I always always always make sure to add the disclaimer that I don't think ANYONE should EVER do drugs. They are bad, evil and they fucking kill you. Just because I made that mistake does NOT mean I want others to make that mistake. :/ I hope that was clear in any of my posts related to that subject.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #49136 on: July 11, 2012, 10:54:00 am »

So go talk to someone :)

I know that's what I should do, I just feel more comfortable talking about it with you guys. My family's kind of out of the question, because my cousin killed himself a couple years ago and ever since then my mom freaks out at the slightest sign of depression, so I can't even act a little sad around her. My dad's always been aloof. My friends are more like people that hang out with me if I bug them to.

Heck, all of that's probably half my problem. The truth is I feel more comfortable talking with you guys about it because I know you won't judge me or feel overly pitiful. You'll accept what I'm going through, maybe give some advice, and go on. I don't know anyone else that'll do that for me.

I used to be a happy guy, but recently I've been going up and down like a crazy elevator.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49137 on: July 11, 2012, 11:32:37 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:17:21 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49138 on: July 11, 2012, 11:57:27 am »

I can understand why you feel that way. I'm glad you're honest and have a reason as well.

Also:

While on the one hand my one friend is finally off the fucking meth and may actually have a chance at really caring for her kid again, I just found a band member strung way the shit out. Guy hates me, because I tossed his ass in rehab. You're welcome, you prick, who is going to be alive to complain at me instead of dead of overdose. I guess the rest of the band and I are kinda screwed until and unless he straightens his shit out. I'm sorta hoping he can do "outpatient" therapy instead of basically being locked down inside the place.

That rehab center should give me a referral fee or something. I guess point being, I'm all for somebody doing that, cause I do NOT get paid to put up with this shit.
You should refer to said band member to Jimi Hendrix...or...well...pretty much every musician ever that wasn't a) accidental or b) violent suicide.

Yeah, frankly it's a god damn poison and I can't comprehend why anyone wants any of it legalized. No it doesn't kill people all the time, but I don't care anymore. I've been the person cleaning up the messes from it for so long I just don't give a shit at all. Does that make me biased? Maybe, but again, not caring. People can talk to me about drugs after they've been thrown up on and had one of their hard earned means of support tossed into the gutter (your job) due to somebody else's habit. Being a band manager means 10% and 10% of nothing because the guy is in rehab is nothing.

I've been thrown up on, had my house thrown up in, my couch, etc. And I lost my job, not because I was an out of control addict who couldn't meet his responsibilities (I was out of control and am an addict, but I did my job very well, didn't abandon my family, and didn't turn into a raging psychopath) but because someone else that came to my home was an out of control addict who couldn't meet his responsibilities. He also got caught, then snitched on a whole bunch of people. Including me. I'm his brother.
So. I really do understand your opinion about drugs in general and meth in specific.
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49139 on: July 11, 2012, 12:02:41 pm »

I've just seen too much if it go bad to ever consider any opposing viewpoints.
I think I've mentioned this before, but you have a lot of good villain quotes :P Are you sure I can't base one off you in a story I'm writing?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 8167