Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453835 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49080 on: July 09, 2012, 02:25:58 pm »

No direct deposit? Or even mailing you the check? That's silly.
The direct deposit is what was wrong with the payroll system.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49081 on: July 09, 2012, 02:41:31 pm »

The idiots in the college financial aid fucked up my paperwork. Again. For the fourth time. So, now I have to get a tax return transcript (which'll take two weeks,) and get it to them so that I can get my financial aid, so that I can actually have a halfway decent future for my daughter. *sigh* Stupid bureaucracy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #49082 on: July 09, 2012, 02:54:43 pm »

Can't get a sigma program working on my calculator. Also surprised it didn't come with such a function in the first place.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49083 on: July 09, 2012, 04:51:40 pm »

I really don't get people who keep insisting that the poor are just lazy and stupid and could stop being poor if they weren't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whlEY1DAidw&feature=related

1.5 Million poor, homeless children in the US and these bastards just don't get it and don't wanna fucking get it. Food shortages just "don't exist...." The American News doesn't cover it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:30:14 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49084 on: July 10, 2012, 06:36:18 am »

... still in the middle of an anxiety fit. And it has been 28 hours... worrying...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49085 on: July 10, 2012, 01:40:43 pm »

Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49086 on: July 10, 2012, 01:48:54 pm »

I look very young (helps with the passing for female).

Older people keep being dicks about it and trying to directly or indirectly use it against me. Pet names, "son" etc.... Or just taking that "respect your elders" attitude with me. Some of these people just look at me like I'm a moron. Yes, yes I'm well under 40 and that doesn't mean I'm stupid.

I'm honestly even an overly polite individual, but really? The things people say to me on account of just looking young are astonishing.

And the weird thing: this is relatively new.... People would call me Doogie Howser or something like that as a kid. They actually weren't being dicks about it or sarcastic (most of 'em).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:24:35 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #49087 on: July 10, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »

Truean I see something similar where I work: fellow colleagues always moan about having bosses that are younger than them. I can't really comment on whether it would bother me as until recently I was the youngest on nights and am only not by a couple of years. The thing that makes me laugh is that the same people don't seem to respect the colleagues who are older than them either.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49088 on: July 10, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »

Well, that's one of the troubles with being a lawyer- the smarter and more rational someone is, the less likely they are to end up in your office. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49089 on: July 10, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

FARTS
This is new to you? That must be saddening.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49090 on: July 10, 2012, 02:08:29 pm »

FARTS
This is new to you? That must be saddening.

What's really sad is that it's true and that the old generation living off the last system don't get that about half the younger generation simply can't but desperately want to.

Basically it's the industrial revolution, except the farmers all got shovels and pitchforks and tried to stop the industrialists for making them all obsolete. Frankly, the problem here is we're all the farmers and the industrialists are robots and maybe a few corporations.

Shit.

I know Cracked.com is a humor site, but it's frightening that more and more of it is coming true.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:18:31 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49091 on: July 10, 2012, 02:18:44 pm »

Don't get, or don't care?
Human selfishness can be an amazing thing. I doubt this generation will care much more for the next than the previous did for this. There may be more awareness, but that doesn't mean that people are choosing to change. Most change on this matter is forced, when not everyone can be supported by it, like you said.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49092 on: July 10, 2012, 02:34:18 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:19:39 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49093 on: July 10, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »

The problem is that there's more than one rancher.

And they ALL got the bright idea to sell/slaughter their cows and try and buy milk from someone else, and sell chickens or something themselves.

They lost all the milk, but figured "Eh, I can live off water," and then sold all their chickens and went into wheat farming.

They lost the chickens but figured, "Eh, I can live off of bread."

And now they're digging into their fields, looking for metal, oil, and coal. Sooner or later they're going to figure out that they can't live off metal and oil.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm hoping to finish med school by that time, because I'm becoming more and more convinced that there isn't going to be the structure to support med school, sooner rather than later.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:45:10 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49094 on: July 10, 2012, 02:43:02 pm »

The problem is that there's more than one rancher.

And they ALL got the bright idea to sell/slaughter their cows and try and buy milk from someone else, and sell chickens or something themselves.

They lost all the milk, but figured "Eh, I can live off water," and then sold all their chickens and went into wheat farming.

They lost the chickens but figured, "Eh, I can live off of bread."

And now they're digging into their fields, looking for metal, oil, and coal. Sooner or later they're going to figure out that they can't live off metal and oil.

I'm hoping to finish med school by that time, because I'm becoming more and more convinced that there isn't going to be the structure to support med school, sooner rather than later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It more or less is coherent yeah. Law school is the same damn way. We can't have people spending $500,000 on med school in the US and then have the audacity to call doctors expensive, except we're trying and predictably it's failing. Same thing with lawyers.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 ... 8167