Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3264 3265 [3266] 3267 3268 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459263 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48975 on: July 06, 2012, 10:07:00 pm »

I haven't found a bubbly water that I've liked.

Though I had an italian soda the other day, it's basically what quinnr described, and it was delicious. I love all the businesses around here and their hipster drinks.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48976 on: July 06, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »

My grocery store sells flavored bubbly water. It comes in 1-liter bottles and is cheaper than a fast-food soda. Even better, the ingredients consist of: carbonated water, natural flavors. That's it. I find it delicious, no one else in the family likes it, so it's all for me :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48977 on: July 06, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »

My grocery store sells flavored bubbly water. It comes in 1-liter bottles and is cheaper than a fast-food soda. Even better, the ingredients consist of: carbonated water, natural flavors. That's it. I find it delicious, no one else in the family likes it, so it's all for me :D

I believe we have the same kind of thing here, and they are delicious. They're 69 ish cents, whereas a soda is $1.49, or $4.99 for a pack of six, plus tax, which comes out to about 80 cents a piece. Savings. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48978 on: July 06, 2012, 10:29:43 pm »

I actually made the mistake of tonic water once.  My boss had me pick up some seltzer on my way back from a housecall once, saying he had a cold and it's really good for it.  I went to a corner store and when I asked for seltzer, the cashier asked if I meant tonic water.  I looked at it, and it looked about what I expected from seltzer but when I brought it back it definitely was not.  It apperantly had corn syrup and crap in it. :P

Boss said I would know the difference if I drank alcohol heh.    I didn't think about big squirt jars though.  I was thinking I would have to buy some off the shelf juice or something.  Never thought about those water flavoring things.  I'll have to look for those too when I go shopping for this stuff tomorrow.

http://shop.torani.com/
That is the syrup we use. It comes in big bottles, and you get reusable heads that squirt the stuff out.

I haven't found a bubbly water that I've liked.

Though I had an italian soda the other day, it's basically what quinnr described, and it was delicious. I love all the businesses around here and their hipster drinks.

I think that's exactly what it is that I'm describing. You can even add cream for an Italian Cream soda.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48979 on: July 06, 2012, 10:50:20 pm »

This is why I don't drink soda anymore.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48980 on: July 06, 2012, 10:51:41 pm »

This is why I don't drink soda anymore.
I still do  :-[

As delicious as they are, 1-liter bottles are not the most portable things around, especially on a school campus or in my lap while driving.

ETA: Sadness! One of my favorite shirts has shrunk in the wash. I have a lot of good memories about this shirt :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:56:02 pm by Sirus »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48981 on: July 06, 2012, 10:55:24 pm »

Soda cans are just so easily acquired. Its a pandemic, at least here in the US of A.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48982 on: July 06, 2012, 11:06:55 pm »

That's why you get a flask.

It also helps you look cool.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48983 on: July 06, 2012, 11:08:05 pm »

GlyphGryph is leaving. First Vector and now him. Shit. Well, they better not try coming for me too, cause that just won't work well for them.... Whoever "they" are.... Don't make me say I'll miss you, you knew that already. Namely I'll talk and bore to death whoever tries to abduct me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:52:41 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48984 on: July 06, 2012, 11:20:29 pm »

Eh, I understand when some people need to cut things out of their lives. Drastic change is one of the best ways to shock yourself into actually getting things done.
I've actually been considering doing the same lately, and this is as good a trigger as any (there are no good ones). I find myself browsing this forum, looking for something to read. It's the same compulsive behavior I had with console games back in high school - doing it because I'm bored and I don't feel like work. It's not really wrong in itself, but it gets so easy to make it the default, and that's when the trap sets in. Once I start responding to boredom with a timesink, instead of at least considering whether or not I can do work, I don't get things done besides the bare minimum. The only reason I ever broke out of that before was by not having a TV for 2 years.

Might be a different motivation, but I dunno. I think I see where Glyph was coming from. I think I'm going to try to limit myself - I love you people* too much to just up and quit, but I'll see how that works out. Maybe an hour and a half each day, tops - I mean, I think I have a problem when that's cutting back. I hope I have the willpower to make it work. I'll see when I can start it. And, please, take it as a compliment that you guys are so awesome I worry I might be addicted on some level.

*<Pre-emptive "What do you mean 'you people'" joke>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48985 on: July 06, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »

Eh, I understand when some people need to cut things out of their lives. Drastic change is one of the best ways to shock yourself into actually getting things done.
I've actually been considering doing the same lately, and this is as good a trigger as any (there are no good ones). I find myself browsing this forum, looking for something to read. It's the same compulsive behavior I had with console games back in high school - doing it because I'm bored and I don't feel like work. It's not really wrong in itself, but it gets so easy to make it the default, and that's when the trap sets in. Once I start responding to boredom with a timesink, instead of at least considering whether or not I can do work, I don't get things done besides the bare minimum. The only reason I ever broke out of that before was by not having a TV for 2 years.

Might be a different motivation, but I dunno. I think I see where Glyph was coming from. I think I'm going to try to limit myself - I love you people* too much to just up and quit, but I'll see how that works out. Maybe an hour and a half each day, tops - I mean, I think I have a problem when that's cutting back. I hope I have the willpower to make it work. I'll see when I can start it. And, please, take it as a compliment that you guys are so awesome I worry I might be addicted on some level.

*<Pre-emptive "What do you mean 'you people'" joke>

Everything in moderation. I time myself here and then do other things, then come back later for a certain time, then leave again. If I don't at least make damn good progress on the work I was doing, then I don't get to come back here.... Just a suggestion, I mean, it works for me. [shrugs]

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48986 on: July 06, 2012, 11:25:28 pm »

But I cannot get ye flask.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48987 on: July 06, 2012, 11:29:02 pm »

I just knew someone was gonna make that joke :P
I don't even know what it's from, but I've heard that joke often enough.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48988 on: July 06, 2012, 11:32:10 pm »

Zork or another text based adventure. I'm almost sure that's where its from, because the context phrase was, "Get flask." Which is improper grammar (hehe) and the game called you on it. I think.
He's fucking with us.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48989 on: July 06, 2012, 11:32:31 pm »

It's from strongbad and namely homestarrunner.com

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3264 3265 [3266] 3267 3268 ... 8167