Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3250 3251 [3252] 3253 3254 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468074 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48765 on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:27 am »

The school we have church in doesn't have power after the storm two days ago, so we decided to stay home and watch the sermon online. The only stream we could fine has a korean translation playing over it. This sermon is about the 30th anniversary of my parents, so I'm kinda miffed about missing it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48766 on: July 01, 2012, 09:59:02 am »

I'll be having a hard time tackling a certain subject (which I absolutely loathe) tomorrow. Wish me luck. :(
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48767 on: July 01, 2012, 11:24:00 am »

No sleep for me last night for the first time in an age; Managed to sleep after the sun came up, though, and a chunk of the day is gone. It always makes me feel guilty when this happens on the weekends because it's like I've wasted my own time.

Sometimes reading about you is like reading about myself, Joshua.
Strange isn't it?

I'll be having a hard time tackling a certain subject (which I absolutely loathe) tomorrow. Wish me luck. :(
Good Luck!
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48768 on: July 01, 2012, 11:44:31 am »

Americans cannot own land in Mexico.

Timeshares are one of the worst investments, ever.

My uncle is very seriously considering "buying" a timeshare in Mexico.... ??? Damn it, how're you supposed to buy something you can't own?

For a family that's probably gonna disown me for being gay eventually, I sure am saving their asses quite a bit....:P

You're gay? I thought you were a straight transwoman [_[

I really should've been a girl and would be much better off as one. I like men only.  Whatever that means, it's me.

I've honestly given up with the terminology over the years, because a lot of the people I've seen don't really draw a distinction. I've actually heard, "So you wear dresses and like men, that means you're gay right?" ..... Sure why not, I'm just happy as long as they refrain from using the word "abomination." :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48769 on: July 01, 2012, 12:07:41 pm »

I always thought about you as a cat wrapped in a towel, trying to remeber what exact version of human is hard sometimes, so going by avatar is the logical step X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48770 on: July 01, 2012, 01:17:17 pm »

cat wrapped in a towel
#With spiky lawyer hair.

Lost a pet recently.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48771 on: July 01, 2012, 01:26:02 pm »

cat wrapped in a towel
#With spiky lawyer hair.

Lost a pet recently.

Me too.  Ten year old ball python confirmed dead last night.  He was a very friendly snake.  If you were gentle, he wasn't even head shy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48772 on: July 01, 2012, 02:23:08 pm »

I never expected such response to my emotional ramblings. I'm glad that I have this community to share my plight with, as I was able to get some rest after finally putting those feelings into words.

I've always considered you a great friend as well Toon, we've always been able to atleast empathize with eachother's situation in life, and whenever I'd post here specifically you'd take the opportunity to reach out and try to understand. It's something I've always appreciated, so thanks.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48773 on: July 01, 2012, 04:12:07 pm »

An old friend went and got himself killed in the desert.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48774 on: July 01, 2012, 05:37:44 pm »

D:

That sucks!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48775 on: July 01, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »

Looks like I'm stuck with extreme hot temperatures in my room till some undisclosed time during the fifth now.

During the heat wave.

God damn.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #48776 on: July 01, 2012, 07:55:34 pm »

It seriously sucks be being a mortal atheist. Really.
Tack on existentialism and it'll probably make a bit more sense.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48777 on: July 01, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »

Looks like I'm stuck with extreme hot temperatures in my room till some undisclosed time during the fifth now.

During the heat wave.

God damn.
Have fan? If so, know good trick. If not, well. Damn. Set up on roof, maybe? Something. House built for central heating goddamn terrible for natural heat reduction.

Trick needs ice, too, though. Is simple, but fairly effective. Take bowl, fill with water and ice. Put bowl in front of source of moving air. Experience notable temperature reduction in room. Kept laptop (and self.) from melting summer AC died for couple months. Recommend, yes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48778 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:29 pm »

Actually the problem is my fan died.

There's no other fans in the house as the rest of the house is setup for central heating. Which is NOT wired into my room for structural reasons and that it's supposed to be a storeroom. We just converted it into a somewhat plain looking windowless bedroom.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48779 on: July 01, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »

It seriously sucks be being a mortal atheist. Really.
Tack on existentialism and it'll probably make a bit more sense.
Yeah, you have to get over the whole transience thing. Everything crumbles to dust, nothing you do will matter in the long run, any legacy you leave will eventually disappear... get over it and find value in things that don't last forever :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3250 3251 [3252] 3253 3254 ... 8167