Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3239 3240 [3241] 3242 3243 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472458 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48600 on: June 27, 2012, 04:19:54 pm »

Find an equally long, slender, creepy girl? Or at least one that's convinced boys have no taste for her kind?

Sure, you're like a slenderman, but even slendermen have to have a way to make more slendermen, right?

... though it probably doesn't involve condoms, come to think of it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48601 on: June 27, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »

Yesterday a girl handed me a condom, then i realised that i have absolutely no use for one. And now i am depressed.

Would it be wrong to ask why you were handed a condom?...

I admit.  This is far from my area of knowing what the fuck I'm talking about... but I would think that normally being offered a condom by someone strongly suggests having an immediate use for it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48602 on: June 27, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »

Could be one of those health outreach things they have on college campuses, where they just hand out free condoms like candy.
Protip: Do not confuse the condom for candy. Unless it's one of the flavored kind.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48603 on: June 27, 2012, 04:30:36 pm »

SalmonGod, how old are you and where did you grow up?

Doesn't that sort of thing happen, like, constantly? Just some folks tryin' to spread the love, y'know.

But yeah, like RedKing said, I knew people who'll just scoop up tons of those free ones and practically revel in walking around giving them to random people.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #48604 on: June 27, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »

Could be one of those health outreach things they have on college campuses, where they just hand out free condoms like candy.
Protip: Do not confuse the condom for candy. Unless it's one of the flavored kind.

Tell me about it, fruit rollups do NOT make a very good prophylactic.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48605 on: June 27, 2012, 04:35:06 pm »

SalmonGod, how old are you and where did you grow up?

Doesn't that sort of thing happen, like, constantly? Just some folks tryin' to spread the love, y'know.

But yeah, like RedKing said, I knew people who'll just scoop up tons of those free ones and practically revel in walking around giving them to random people.

29/Backwoods Indiana/Only ever been romantically involved with one person

So yeah... FAR from my area of knowing what the fuck I'm talking about.  I knew most schools would give condoms out for free if you asked.  I'd never heard about them just going about distributing them, or of any individual spending their own money on a bunch just to hand them out for fun.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48606 on: June 27, 2012, 04:37:00 pm »

If there's a swelling around a cut, put peroxide, tea tree oil, or something else with biostatic/disinfectant qualities on it. Besides, it hurts less than cutting off part of you would.
I don't have anything like that. Maybe I should get some. Also I dunno if there is a cut or infection. I dunno. Most of the time I would not have posted since this... Painful swelling is somewhat normal, I guess in the pain of the moment I just wanted to complain. It has happened in the past and gone away on it's own. I have also cured it via stabbing my foot and draining puss out, but I can't do that this time without going though healthy flesh.

I always keep hydrogen peroxide and some cotton balls in my personal med-kit. It sterilizes tools, disinfects and helps cauterize cuts to combat infection, and even substitutes for mild bleaching, hair coloring, or mouthwash in a pinch. I used some just the other day to treat a sore on my cat's ear, and it's already started to go down. Useful stuff! Just keep it somewhere dark so it doesn't degrade.

Also, if the swelling is on a joint and there is no cut, it could be fluid from a cyst of some sort, or a lymph-node blockage. You technically can drain cysts and such yourself, but it requires an incision with a sterile needle... and I'd not feel comfortable mucking around with that myself, when I know there are tendons and major blood vessels around. If it persists, a medical professional is the best thing for it.

Go find a use for one? Depending on how you treat it, you've still got a while before it goes bad!

The girls aint got no taste for my kind, im like what slenderman would be if he listened to metal.. long and slender, and creepy, and noisy.
There's other uses besides sex. Water balloon?

Drive on the highway with some friends. Open it, and hold it firmly out the window, the opening to the wind. Make it not only a hilarious wind-sock, but also a cultural faux pas... especially if it's elastic enough to stretch inordinately big.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48607 on: June 27, 2012, 04:37:49 pm »

Yeah, it mostly comes from the combination of people handing them out for fun because they got them for free from the school, in my experience.

It may be a relatively more recent phenomena, as schools handing out free condoms by the bucketload have probably become significantly more common since you were there. :P

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48608 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:31 pm »

Unless it's one of the flavored kind.

Trust me, those actually don't taste very good either.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48609 on: June 27, 2012, 04:49:57 pm »

Yeah, it mostly comes from the combination of people handing them out for fun because they got them for free from the school, in my experience.

It may be a relatively more recent phenomena, as schools handing out free condoms by the bucketload have probably become significantly more common since you were there. :P

Back in my day, people would rather use them for pranks.  It was especially popular to stretch them over the spouts of drinking fountains.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48610 on: June 27, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »

Though the various safe-sex promoting groups are a lot more popular too, and they make handing them out while walking around a regular occurrence.

I didn't actually see all that much prank use when I was in school, strangely.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48611 on: June 27, 2012, 04:54:50 pm »

The worst we ever did (condom-wise) at university was have a condom balloon fight. You'd think Durex would have appreciated the data, even under those circumstances only three or four broke.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48612 on: June 27, 2012, 05:09:58 pm »

I remember when I was in school, I'd learned a lot of sex ed stuff on my own since they didn't teach it and took it upon myself to educate others.

No not like that. I held a small class in a club room and gave out condoms and things. I was a troublemaker at first but I became pretty responsible over time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48613 on: June 27, 2012, 05:16:37 pm »

Unless it's one of the flavored kind.

Trust me, those actually don't taste very good either.

Erm.
Why would they even flavor them? :-/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48614 on: June 27, 2012, 05:18:00 pm »

Good is not the same as better than nothing? (In this case, better than unflavoured condoms?)

Though I have to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I agree with the statement that they don't taste very good - I do suppose it depends on which one you've gotten, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 3239 3240 [3241] 3242 3243 ... 8167