Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3234 3235 [3236] 3237 3238 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442036 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48525 on: June 26, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »

Optimally, wear a Superman costume beneath. Alternatively, a second, bright purple suit.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48526 on: June 26, 2012, 12:21:13 pm »

yesterday, got caught in the rain on the way to work. Today, stung by wasps.

This is not shaping up to be a good week.
I'm predicting tomorrow you get caught in a rain of wasps. That way, if I'm wrong anything else that happens will seem not so bad by comparison. And if I'm right, you'll know that there is a God, and the bastard has a sense of humor.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48527 on: June 26, 2012, 12:28:21 pm »

"Every Wednesday, you are mandated to wear 'corporate' attire, or else you don't get to enter."

Great. More college requirements. Can't we just stick to uniforms, please?

Why only on Wednesday? What madness IS this? What's it for, at least? Also, what counts as corporate attire? Plaid t-shirt and slacks or jeans and polo judging by my fellow corporate drones...

Also, I support those who say you should wear a ludicrous outfit underneath and change when you get inside.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48528 on: June 26, 2012, 12:52:09 pm »

"Every Wednesday, you are mandated to wear 'corporate' attire, or else you don't get to enter."

Why only on Wednesday? What madness IS this? What's it for, at least? Also, what counts as corporate attire? Plaid t-shirt and slacks or jeans and polo judging by my fellow corporate drones...

Also, I support those who say you should wear a ludicrous outfit underneath and change when you get inside.

It's a whole thayng in some universities. I remember mine required corporate attire for a single building, which also happened to inconveniently be the only route to one of the smoking areas. If I wasn't in a dress shirt and slacks, I would have to go all the way around to the other one.

Needless to say, I was in a dress shirt and slacks a lot.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48529 on: June 26, 2012, 01:15:58 pm »

Have to go to sleep or watch a movie with my dad. (not a sad)
But pyromania day 2 isnt out yet D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48530 on: June 26, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »

It's a whole thayng in some universities. I remember mine required corporate attire for a single building, which also happened to inconveniently be the only route to one of the smoking areas. If I wasn't in a dress shirt and slacks, I would have to go all the way around to the other one.

Oh, that is such bull crap. As a student with any measure of self-respect, I would fight the crap out of that. I mean, wearing formal wear as part of a project on professional attire is one thing... but mandating it just to set foot in a public building is just ludicrous.

What, do students need their hands held as they dress up to enter the scary adult world? Which is apparently composed entirely of the corporate lifestyle? That's both stupid and entirely patronizing!

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48531 on: June 26, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »

Oh, that is such bull crap. As a student with any measure of self-respect, I would fight the crap out of that. I mean, wearing formal wear as part of a project on professional attire is one thing... but mandating it just to set foot in a public building is just ludicrous.

What, do students need their hands held as they dress up to enter the scary adult world? Which is apparently composed entirely of the corporate lifestyle? That's both stupid and entirely patronizing!

sounds like insane nobels have taken to making mandates in human life now.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48532 on: June 26, 2012, 02:21:55 pm »

sounds like insane nobels have ALWAYS BEEN making mandates in human life now.

Uh huh.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48533 on: June 26, 2012, 02:36:15 pm »

* von Scriver has mandated 5 taking offenses to that statement.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48534 on: June 26, 2012, 02:38:04 pm »

Insane nobles.

Oh wait...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48535 on: June 26, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »

Was a hour late for my class because the clock on the computer I was using in the lab was a hour slow.  >:(

I didn't even realize it until I had been in class about 10 minutes (and was a bit confused why my teacher was upset about me being late when I was on time).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48536 on: June 26, 2012, 03:53:37 pm »

So.

The last month or so of my 'merican life is slated to be cut short.
I will leave the country by about July 7~15 to head towards Korea to (a) apply for extremely high-pressure "eugo"s that might help in the area of APs, but instead cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war on my GPA*, (b) take lots of semi-private lessons on Math, History, Korean, Science, and others, (c) start a 2 year-and-a-half school life, effectively falling behind one year in my studies because of education system differences, and hopefully do well enough to enter a 'merican university.

I hate to think of all the stress... Various, miscellaneous factors make me even more apprehensive of it.

At least I get to be a Responsible Teenager and take an international flight including immigration checks by myself.

... (cries)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48537 on: June 26, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »

Insane nobles.

Oh wait...

Off with their heads!
Love, scriver~

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48538 on: June 26, 2012, 05:40:07 pm »

My dad, stepmom, grandma, and grandpa all _really_ want me to get my drivers permit and don't understand that I really don't care, nor am I ready to take the written test at the drop of a hat with hardly any warning.

Get your learners permit. It puts you closer to owning a 1969 vintage shag van, and being popular with the ladies.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48539 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:10 pm »

So.

The last month or so of my 'merican life is slated to be cut short.
I will leave the country by about July 7~15 to head towards Korea to (a) apply for extremely high-pressure "eugo"s that might help in the area of APs, but instead cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war on my GPA*, (b) take lots of semi-private lessons on Math, History, Korean, Science, and others, (c) start a 2 year-and-a-half school life, effectively falling behind one year in my studies because of education system differences, and hopefully do well enough to enter a 'merican university.

I hate to think of all the stress... Various, miscellaneous factors make me even more apprehensive of it.

At least I get to be a Responsible Teenager and take an international flight including immigration checks by myself.

... (cries)

IF nothing else, know you're actually getting a real education whereas most Americans just simply don't, even in college.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3234 3235 [3236] 3237 3238 ... 8167