Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3230 3231 [3232] 3233 3234 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436825 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48465 on: June 25, 2012, 12:45:47 am »

Wait, what's wrong with NASCAR?
Probably the fact that driving in a circle is considered a sport.

So is smacking balls around a court, and punching people in the head. I mean, really, the term 'sport' is ludicrously flexible.

It... It was the joke. I said, "We are smart. (NASCAR)" Because non-NASCAR fans deride NASCAR fans for being simpletons...

I find it incredibly disturbing for some reason that the only thing that bothered you about that was the NASCAR bit.

I'm inured to misanthropy by now. Part hanging out on the internet, part hanging out in the park with old-timers.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48466 on: June 25, 2012, 12:47:50 am »

Sport is a very odd word. What does/do football, soccer, basketball, NASCAR, apparently cheerleading, rolling a cheese wheel down a hill, and boxing have in common? All sports. The mind boggles.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48467 on: June 25, 2012, 12:48:37 am »

Don't forget tossing large wooden poles around. And sliding down a tube at high speed.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48468 on: June 25, 2012, 12:50:32 am »

Hey, that last one is pretty awesome.

You're throwing trees!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48469 on: June 25, 2012, 12:52:16 am »

Sport is a very odd word. What does/do football, soccer, basketball, NASCAR, apparently cheerleading, rolling a cheese wheel down a hill, and boxing have in common? All sports. The mind boggles.
They are all competitive and physical perhaps? Not sure about cheerleading, though, I'm not all that familiar with it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48470 on: June 25, 2012, 12:52:30 am »

Sport is pretty analogous to "competition."

Hunting for sport = you vs the animal.
Physical sports = obvious
e-sports = also obvious

I'm not sure where extreme sports fit in though, like base jumping. That kinda throws off my theory.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48471 on: June 25, 2012, 12:52:57 am »

Hey, that last one is pretty awesome.

You're throwing trees!

Suddenly, I'm sad that I'm neither beefy nor Scottish enough to participate. Have you seen the dudes who do the caber toss? They're built like a walking avalanche of boulders.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48472 on: June 25, 2012, 12:53:52 am »

Hmmm, I have a feeling that tree throwing is a distinctly Dwarven sport...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48473 on: June 25, 2012, 12:56:53 am »

I'm not sure where extreme sports fit in though, like base jumping. That kinda throws off my theory.
I guess it's something like you vs. yourself, to see if you're extreme and badass enough to handle it?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48474 on: June 25, 2012, 01:00:39 am »

Are you a bad enough dude to toss a tree at the president?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48475 on: June 25, 2012, 01:03:40 am »

I guess it's something like you vs. yourself, to see if you're extreme and badass enough to handle it?

Or maybe you versus physical laws.

fuck you gravity

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #48476 on: June 25, 2012, 01:04:09 am »

They are all competitive and physical perhaps? Not sure about cheerleading, though, I'm not all that familiar with it.
Mostly depends on the context, but cheerleading can be some serious competitive high stress sports. Thing is, while in competitions, the points are being rewarded for aesthetics. By the same token however, physical ability plays a gigantic role in those aesthetics. My younger sister does cheerleading, competition especially, and because she's used to basing a lot and doing the conditioning training, she's ripped. Probably stronger than me considering that I do nothing but sit on my ass all day using the computer.
So seeing that you're competing against yourself, wouldn't your goal also be to wimp out and not do it then too?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48477 on: June 25, 2012, 01:07:59 am »

Not sure about cheerleading, though, I'm not all that familiar with it.
Mostly depends on the context, but cheerleading can be some serious competitive high stress sports. Thing is, while in competitions, the points are being rewarded for aesthetics. By the same token however, physical ability plays a gigantic role in those aesthetics. My younger sister does cheerleading, competition especially, and because she's used to basing a lot and doing the conditioning training, she's ripped. Probably stronger than me considering that I do nothing but sit on my ass all day using the computer.
It's not really a big thing over here so I was completely unaware there was a competitive side to it. Sounds a lot like Gymnastics to me.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48478 on: June 25, 2012, 01:14:42 am »

You vs. your better judgement.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #48479 on: June 25, 2012, 01:22:26 am »

Not sure about cheerleading, though, I'm not all that familiar with it.
It's not really a big thing over here so I was completely unaware there was a competitive side to it. Sounds a lot like Gymnastics to me.
Quite a bit, more like synchronized gymnastics with more people throwing people into the air with crazystrength.
Pages: 1 ... 3230 3231 [3232] 3233 3234 ... 8167