Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3223 3224 [3225] 3226 3227 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431836 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48360 on: June 21, 2012, 08:22:27 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:52:35 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48361 on: June 21, 2012, 09:11:28 pm »

R.I.P
Criptfeinds Hair.
2011-2012

You were too good for this world and too hairy for a wedding.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48362 on: June 21, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »

Been a while since I posted in here but I figure the pain I'm in warrants it.

I seem to have got tenosynovitis in my wrist. It's all swollen around one of the tendons and I can feel the tendon rubbing against it's sheath when I flex my thumb. Even the smallest movements means pain. Silver lining: It's my left rather than my right hand.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48363 on: June 21, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »

I just finished the paper. I'm told I write really good essays, but I always think they're terrible, ridiculous, and have no work put into them. I'll see my grade soon enough.

I seem to have got tenosynovitis in my wrist. It's all swollen around one of the tendons and I can feel the tendon rubbing against it's sheath when I flex my thumb. Even the smallest movements means pain. Silver lining: It's my left rather than my right hand.
That sounds terrible. Have you gotten a wrist brace or similar yet? (Wikipedia says that's the only thing to help it.) I suppose it depends on your job as to how big of a problem it is.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48364 on: June 21, 2012, 11:24:27 pm »

I just finished the paper. I'm told I write really good essays, but I always think they're terrible, ridiculous, and have no work put into them. I'll see my grade soon enough.
Sounds like me. I think it's because the creator of the BS is infinitely more aware of it than a mere reader of the BS.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #48365 on: June 22, 2012, 12:04:47 am »

I had a party yesterday. I did not consider that circumstances conspire to leave me as the only resident on duty today. Its going to be some interesting 7 hours.

Although, tbh, I slept better than I've for the last few days. I might be in better shape than usual despite being hung over
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48366 on: June 22, 2012, 04:31:16 am »

That sounds terrible. Have you gotten a wrist brace or similar yet? (Wikipedia says that's the only thing to help it.) I suppose it depends on your job as to how big of a problem it is.
A brace is often recommended but I've read that so long as it's not too severe rest should do the job. If it's not better by Monday morning I'll be going to the doctors. Luckily it's not the sort that makes any of your digits lock. It's a big problem given that I stack shelves for a living and work the heavier aisles; If I'd realised at the start of my shift what the minor ache in my wrist would turn into I'd of taken the night off. I'm happy to say it's not so bad this morning but still creaky and fairly painful. Hearing your tendon moving is weird.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48367 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:09 am »

Arrived at grandma's to celebrate midsummer. Find out she had partial numbness in her left arm. She's now on the way to the hospital, probably with a stroke.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #48368 on: June 22, 2012, 08:27:00 am »

How old is she?

Also, partial numbness in one arm ranks fairly low on the NIHSS, so no reason to worry (but good reason to get it checked early)

I had an argument with a retarded nurse yesterday who had... curious... opinions as to what people should have access to rtPA. It made me sad and angry
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48369 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:20 am »

Just below 90. The numbness was also such that she couldn't lift her arm very well, and it was hurting. She was also pretty dizzy/strengthless, and started having cramps after the ambulance arrived (so I don't know if they gave her something that had such a reaction or something...). It was the paramedics who told the rest of his they suspected it though.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48370 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46:07 am »

Searing lower back pain. DO NOT WANT.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48371 on: June 22, 2012, 09:36:01 am »

Welcome to my life, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #48372 on: June 22, 2012, 10:05:24 am »

Just below 90. The numbness was also such that she couldn't lift her arm very well, and it was hurting. She was also pretty dizzy/strengthless, and started having cramps after the ambulance arrived (so I don't know if they gave her something that had such a reaction or something...). It was the paramedics who told the rest of his they suspected it though.
they might well be all due to the stroke (or brain hemorrage. No way to tell from beforehand). The manifestations can be rather varied. :/

I've spent the last three weeks in an ictus unit, and the consequences are dramatic, to say the least. Strange as it might sound, I think people underestimate how nasty strokes are. Some cases are really really sad. :(

PD: I'd really like to vent about one particularily sad case and the Woman Who Said Some Pretty Stupid Things, but I will not. Just in case. Even though it'd likely make my blood pressure lower a little bit.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:16:19 am by ChairmanPoo »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48373 on: June 22, 2012, 10:12:51 am »

I love my job, but man, I just don't want to go in today. I get to split 8 hours between two walmarts. Bluh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48374 on: June 22, 2012, 10:27:48 am »

Welcome to my life, man.
Sad part is, I'm pretty sure I know why.
I was practicing marital arts and overexerted myself.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3223 3224 [3225] 3226 3227 ... 8167