Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3219 3220 [3221] 3222 3223 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429175 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48300 on: June 21, 2012, 03:37:39 am »

Got punched in the face...

I take it there's some backstory there.
"I want you to punch me as hard as you can"
I just want everyone to know that I haven't punched anyone in a good solid two weeks. So, unless I was sleepwalking, it wasn't me.
We all know who did it.
This made me go "WTF?" for a second there. Always gotta check the URL before clicking.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48301 on: June 21, 2012, 04:20:16 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That'll learn ya  :P

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48302 on: June 21, 2012, 04:22:14 am »

Got punched in the face...

I take it there's some backstory there.
"I want you to punch me as hard as you can"
I just want everyone to know that I haven't punched anyone in a good solid two weeks. So, unless I was sleepwalking, it wasn't me.
We all know who did it.
This made me go "WTF?" for a second there. Always gotta check the URL before clicking.
"It's always the new guy..."

I C wut u did thar now. *FACEPALM*

I dunno, I've been feeling down lately. How do I recover from pre-depression?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:54:05 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Himmelblau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48303 on: June 21, 2012, 04:37:19 am »

Let's just pretend I never posted this. Apologies for the spam.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:43:13 am by Himmelblau »
Dwarf Fortress- where a sudden mist that causes you to bleed from every orifice and drop dead is one of the better outcomes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48304 on: June 21, 2012, 04:49:59 am »

Who's the lucky sunuvagun that can't sleep despite being exhausted just because he can't stop thinking about crap in the past?

*Points at self with both thumbs*

This guy!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48305 on: June 21, 2012, 04:57:57 am »

Josh,

A CUP OF HOT MILK, STAT.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48306 on: June 21, 2012, 05:24:44 am »

What will hot milk do Reudh?

And how do you pronounce your name? Is it "Rude"? Cause that's how I keep imagining it.

EDIT: And I just decided to check my bank account. Oh hey almost all my money is gone, just 17 dollars left. That feels terrible, knowing I have so little to work with.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:26:38 am by JoshuaFH »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48307 on: June 21, 2012, 05:39:11 am »

I mean no offense. :P

Hot milk's quite good at calming me down if I need to sleep.
That, or I meditate.

(And people do seem to think it's "Rude", but then again not many people know that in celtic languages dh = soft th, as in "that". So it's like "Ruth", but closer to a dh than a th.)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48308 on: June 21, 2012, 08:19:01 am »

What will hot milk do Reudh?

And how do you pronounce your name? Is it "Rude"? Cause that's how I keep imagining it.

EDIT: And I just decided to check my bank account. Oh hey almost all my money is gone, just 17 dollars left. That feels terrible, knowing I have so little to work with.

Dude, on more than occasion my wife has called to say "Don't. Buy. Anything. We've got $2.39 to last us till the end of the week."
And we're grown people. With jobs and everything. Who could potentially be thrown into further debt by a fucking can of Spam.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48309 on: June 21, 2012, 09:35:29 am »

How

Although techincally we're at -44k or so, so I'm not really one to talk.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48310 on: June 21, 2012, 10:22:10 am »

As soon as my rent check clears, I'll be at about -$150. My thousands of dollars in student debt aside. It'll be another couple of years before I've even earned as much money as them, much less enough to pay it back.

Speaking of sad things and student debt, I've been considering taking money out of my retirement plan to pay that back as soon as I have enough to pay a significant chunk after the 10% early withdrawal tax. It's sad because I'm not sure which is the least effective way of sabotaging my future.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48311 on: June 21, 2012, 10:25:39 am »

I become very, very short tempered when I pull an all nighter.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48312 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:24 am »

How

Mortgage
Two kids
Student loans
Two kids
Aging house in need of repairs
Two kids
Credit card payments
Two kids

I'm not even factoring debt like what we owe on the house or the student loans or the credit cards. I'm talking about $2.39 left in the bank before we hit the overdraft. And actually, I think we're already permanently $500 or so in hock to the bank because we hit that overdraft on Day 2 after we get a paycheck. Sad part? We make nearly $100K a year combined income. And we don't live extravagantly (at least by American middle-class standards). Two vehicles, both of which have over 150K miles on them, the kids get their toys and clothes mostly from consignment sales or gifts from friends/relatives, we try to limit our eating out to $20 a week for each of us, we only have basic cable (and about to drop that), no big TV, no smartphones, etc.

And the cost of living is relatively LOW here compared to a lot of America. We'd be so royally screwed in many other places on this income.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48313 on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:27 am »

Well I guess that will teach you not to have eight kids in the future. :P

That's a huge part of why we're waiting to have kids until the loans are paid off, though - two more years, we should be debt free and ready to start pouring all our money into a new black hole, heh.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #48314 on: June 21, 2012, 11:55:53 am »

As soon as my rent check clears, I'll be at about -$150. My thousands of dollars in student debt aside. It'll be another couple of years before I've even earned as much money as them, much less enough to pay it back.

Speaking of sad things and student debt, I've been considering taking money out of my retirement plan to pay that back as soon as I have enough to pay a significant chunk after the 10% early withdrawal tax. It's sad because I'm not sure which is the least effective way of sabotaging my future.
Forget about your retirement plan and clean out your debts. If the bank that has your plan goes bust, you might or  might not recover part of the money. However, you can be sure that if the bank you owe money to goes bust, someone will come around to make sure ylur checks keep going in.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 3219 3220 [3221] 3222 3223 ... 8167