Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3211 3212 [3213] 3214 3215 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419425 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48180 on: June 18, 2012, 09:27:22 pm »

One of my friends' kids is seriously set on going to law school.... ???

Let me explain why this is a bad idea. Let someone else explain why this is a bad idea.

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/06/aba-employment-stats-are-just-as-dire-as-we-expected/

You won't get away with this you bastards! You can screw the rest of the poor dumb S.o.B.s but you can't have him....

I'm printing this out. If I must, then I'll be making him fucking eat it so it sinks the fuck in. He'll learn, if necessary through osmosis and digestion.

Those god damn admissions bastards are worse than recruiter ever was to me. At least when you joined the USAF you knew you could get shot, but only for a couple years, and after that you got VA benefits.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48181 on: June 18, 2012, 09:33:17 pm »

Hold up Truean.

Going to law school doesn't mean becoming a lawyer! Hell, he doesn't even need to deal with the bar or anything like that. Get him to follow one of the other lucrative law school careers instead!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48182 on: June 18, 2012, 09:38:09 pm »

Hold up Truean.

Going to law school doesn't mean becoming a lawyer! Hell, he doesn't even need to deal with the bar or anything like that. Get him to follow one of the other lucrative law school careers instead!

Charlie Sheen's Sobriety, [Censored]'s Chasity, a Politican's Truthfulness, and Fat Free Brownies.... These are things with more existence than what you just said. :P
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:41:24 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48183 on: June 18, 2012, 09:41:18 pm »

But Truean! He can become a POLITICIAN!

Edit: Advocacy and Lobbying too

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48184 on: June 18, 2012, 09:42:35 pm »

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:04:55 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48185 on: June 18, 2012, 09:42:52 pm »

But Truean! He can become a POLITICIAN!
Since when do Politicians know law? They just stamp "THINK OF THE CHILDREEEEEEEN!" on everything to make it a problem or sign the bills into laws. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48186 on: June 18, 2012, 10:03:51 pm »

I didn't say they knew law, but an awful lot of them go to law school.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #48187 on: June 18, 2012, 10:41:08 pm »

I think we've already established that going to law school doesn't teach you law very well.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48188 on: June 18, 2012, 10:49:00 pm »

It's weird, a lot of politicians went to law school, and you'd expect them to know how the system works, but a lot of them seem to write badly thought out laws that show just the opposite.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48189 on: June 18, 2012, 10:50:26 pm »

I think we've already established that going to law school doesn't teach you law very well.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48190 on: June 18, 2012, 11:41:21 pm »

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:04:08 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48191 on: June 18, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »

Who else better to push people away from law school than people from the thing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #48192 on: June 19, 2012, 01:05:02 am »

I posted a subtle jab at my creationist friends on facebook ("was walking Roxy and saw a license plate, DBA 8231. Can you believe that? Out of all the millions of possible combinations. The odds are too low, someone did that on purpose.").  The biggest one of them all liked it.  I guess it was a little too subtle, I thought about saying "The odds are too low, it was intelligently designed" but that was too obvious.
Shoes...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48193 on: June 19, 2012, 01:07:58 am »

One of my friends' kids is seriously set on going to law school.... ???

It's not all that bad. A friend of mine a few batches down just recently graduated from her English Literature course in the full knowledge that she was heading for a dead end. Employment isn't the be all and end-all of life*

*says the guy who's currently tearing his hair out looking for a job
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48194 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:57 am »

I posted a subtle jab at my creationist friends on facebook ("was walking Roxy and saw a license plate, DBA 8231. Can you believe that? Out of all the millions of possible combinations. The odds are too low, someone did that on purpose.").  The biggest one of them all liked it.  I guess it was a little too subtle, I thought about saying "The odds are too low, it was intelligently designed" but that was too obvious.
No no, it's better to keep it that way.  You make double the amount of friends!
Pages: 1 ... 3211 3212 [3213] 3214 3215 ... 8167