Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3207 3208 [3209] 3210 3211 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418185 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48120 on: June 17, 2012, 08:49:18 pm »

no doubt it was good-intentioned.
About as much intent as chaos was involved.

Ah well, the sad thread is happy and that's all that matters :D

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48121 on: June 17, 2012, 10:50:19 pm »

So I'm trying really hard to find some games to play to distract me from what I'm expecting to happen in 4 days (it's complicated and embarrassing), unfortunately most games are pretty uninteresting to me right now on account of having played them or something like them already. Also my mother appears to be exploding at my brother, this isn't going to make things easier for me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48122 on: June 17, 2012, 10:56:00 pm »

So I'm trying really hard to find some games to play to distract me from what I'm expecting to happen in 4 days (it's complicated and embarrassing), unfortunately most games are pretty uninteresting to me right now on account of having played them or something like them already. Also my mother appears to be exploding at my brother, this isn't going to make things easier for me.
Check out Crayon Physics. I'm pretty sure the original game is free, though Deluxe costs money (and came with Humble Bundle 3, iirc, if you got that).

It's the most relaxing game in existence.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48123 on: June 17, 2012, 11:00:08 pm »

My glasses are literally falling apart. It's been many years since I got a new pair, but I might need to bite the bullet.

I doooonnnn'ttttt want a new pair. I just got this one comfortable only a century ago.

Edit: In other sad news, I think I have a oral fixation. I am already chewing on the parts that fell off.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:02:52 pm by Criptfeind »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48124 on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:29 pm »

Can I ask what the complicated and embarrassing thing is?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48125 on: June 17, 2012, 11:36:28 pm »

Check out Crayon Physics. I'm pretty sure the original game is free, though Deluxe costs money (and came with Humble Bundle 3, iirc, if you got that).

It's the most relaxing game in existence.
Unfortunately I have played both of these and at least one flash game clone. But I might buzz through it again though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Can I ask what the complicated and embarrassing thing is?
The short version is that through a complicated bunch of stuff my therapist wound up calling one of my friends to ask if she'd be willing to get together with the rest of them and we could have a conversation where we can talk some stuff out. She said a whole bunch of stuff that I don't know about and said she'd have to think about it, my therapist then set up contact details and asked her to get back to her. My next appointment is on Thursday, so I'm expecting bad news on Thursday. What I'm trying to do right now is get through the week without thinking about it too much.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48126 on: June 17, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »

My suggestion: Nethack.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48127 on: June 18, 2012, 12:00:34 am »

Or {Insert Roguelike Here}.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48128 on: June 18, 2012, 12:11:31 am »

I wouldn't recommend Nethack to a person that's stressed out...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48129 on: June 18, 2012, 12:13:24 am »

Watch something? A Let's Play, a movie, some Ponies. *Shrug* Extended edition of all three Lord of the Ring Movies?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #48130 on: June 18, 2012, 12:33:02 am »

Extended edition of all three Lord of the Ring Movies?
Watch the bonus DVDs too and that takes care of the whole week for you. ROTK's bonus DVDs are around 6 hours long IIRC from when I watched through them. Also really really cool in parts (boring in others, but mostly pretty neat).

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48131 on: June 18, 2012, 12:38:06 am »

Or {Insert Roguelike Here}.
The trouble with roguelikes I find is that because their random nature they suffer from the issues of the sliding scale of random vs. selective gameplay, or what I call "the box of chocolates dilemma". Which is a very complex dilemma that I don't want to bother going into detail with here, but the main point is that the more random content is, the more difficult is to make sure that content is pleasurable to enjoy (on account of being unbalanced, incoherent, unfair, etc.), the less random content is, the more difficult it is to make that content feel new and enjoyable every time (if, for an extreme example, a game has six dungeons that it randomly chooses, once you've been through all six dungeons, you've been through every dungeon the game has to offer).

In most roguelikes my success feels very dependent on whether or not the dice decide to let me win. Which frustrates me no end.

Watch something? A Let's Play, a movie, some Ponies. *Shrug* Extended edition of all three Lord of the Ring Movies?

Extended edition of all three Lord of the Ring Movies?
Watch the bonus DVDs too and that takes care of the whole week for you. ROTK's bonus DVDs are around 6 hours long IIRC from when I watched through them. Also really really cool in parts (boring in others, but mostly pretty neat).
hmmm, you guys have just reminded me that I never watched the last two episodes of "Fool Us". I suppose that could burn a couple of hours. Maybe I can find something else to watch.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #48132 on: June 18, 2012, 12:50:13 am »

There's also podcasts. Not quite sure what's your cup-o-tea, but I tend to keep up with about half a dozen science podcasts as well as
This American Life, a really great NPR series with episodes about just about anything; with the archives going back to '95, including one in '97 about this newfangled thing called the internet. And best of all, it has Ira Glass' voice.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:52:36 am by alway »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48133 on: June 18, 2012, 12:56:11 am »

Pokecapn's Sonic 2006 LP.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #48134 on: June 18, 2012, 01:07:06 am »

A dubstep remix of Hooked on a Feeling does not exist. I'm pretty sure I first looked it up while drunk or something, but seeing it in my search history, I think it could work.
Pages: 1 ... 3207 3208 [3209] 3210 3211 ... 8167