Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416098 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48060 on: June 16, 2012, 09:00:16 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48061 on: June 16, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

What's Harkness?
Apparently, a man from Doctor Who/Torchwood that will hump anything vaguely humanoid.
You can't say no to that.

You literally die twice if you do.

I don't even know how.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #48062 on: June 16, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »

I was just falling asleep but then I jerked awake with a vague nightmare about tentacles, the dreams of the dead, and ominous whispers :-(  now I cant sleep
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48063 on: June 16, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »

But it's fun to think about. Also, locker rooms as a budding bisexual early teenager are awkward.
No kidding.  I hated P.E. class so much... at the time I had no idea why I felt so awkward or stressed out in locker rooms.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48064 on: June 16, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »

Bluh... ears won't stop ringing, and I can't get the blood stuff out from under my fingernails or off my shoes.

I guess none of that's really sad so much as annoying though.

On the Bi- and PE thing, I never really noticed an awkwardness. But then, I'm a bit weird, I suppose - I'm pretty sure it could have both-gender changing rooms and I wouldn't have noticed any awkwardness. Don't most people sort of go into the "changing room mentality" when they step into one where nudeness just sort of becomes 'the thing' and stops registering?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48065 on: June 16, 2012, 10:17:42 pm »

Most seem to, I guess. Me, I changed in the bathroom stalls. Only times I've changed clothes in front of other people were due to medical necessity, and that was damned uncomfortable. Trust issues, meh, in an area that happily reinforces them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48066 on: June 16, 2012, 10:22:34 pm »

I'm confused at what you're trying to say XD  Discovering I liked men was never really a shock.  I originally became Christian in order to become straight, then stopped being Christian once I realized I had nothing to fear about people knowing I was gay.

I'm just joking around (what with the telling you what happened to yourself and all) but Glyph describes my "theory" adequately. :P

Also, about lockerrooms - all shy people are awkward in them, so you aren't alone there.
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48067 on: June 16, 2012, 10:32:17 pm »

But I'm a shy person (or at least I was in high school) and never found them awkward! Or at least no more awkward than the actual gym class.

I did go to summer camp a number of times as a kid and did the changing rooms there for swim while I was still young, so I may have just been acclimated to it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48068 on: June 16, 2012, 10:38:57 pm »

I'm, uh...not exactly a shy person. It was awkward because my body was yelling, "LET'S SCREW EVERYTHING!" and I was still in the phase of my life where I wanted to shut down all my emotions and urges to the point of critical self-loathing. Come to think of it, that was just a weird time in general for me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48069 on: June 16, 2012, 10:40:43 pm »

Ah, being a teenager going through puberty.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48070 on: June 16, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »

Wait, everyone wants to become a(n) eunuch, replace most of their parts with cybernetics and find a way to forgo food and water when they become a teenager?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48071 on: June 16, 2012, 10:45:07 pm »

Maan.... when I was a teen going through puberty, I didn't have a male figure in my life I could trust and talk to. I was so lost.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48072 on: June 16, 2012, 10:46:14 pm »

Wait, everyone wants to become a(n) eunuch, replace most of their parts with cybernetics and find a way to forgo food and water when they become a teenager?
Pretty much, yeah. It's not something they'll tell you in sex ed, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48073 on: June 16, 2012, 10:47:07 pm »

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:07:42 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #48074 on: June 16, 2012, 10:48:15 pm »

I take back every good thing I ever said about c#. I've put down over a thousand lines of useful code since last midnight. And I have spent half my day trying to get data on the motherfucking screen. Databinding in c# is a broken joke. A travesty.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 ... 8166