Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411205 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47955 on: June 14, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »

I was thinking something like this:

1: Take two sharks apiece.
2: Attach with a length of chain.
3: Shark-chucks, yo.
That's stupid, the sharks would drown

Take notes sunny, this is how you do it like a pro!
1. Engineer LAND SHARKS
2: Take two sharks apiece.
3: Attach with a length of chain.
4: Shark-chucks, yo.
5. Get stabbed by a practioner of the black arts.

[finally unhinges]

"Shark Chucks! Of course, it's brilliant. It's not one shark as a weapon but two! Then of course there's the added benefit of having no control over either of the two sharks whatsoever! Finally, the sharks can't air drown and have every incentive to maul you! I was a fool to doubt it I tell you, a fool!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, you can't be a mad scientist/evil genius without unhinging a little.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47956 on: June 14, 2012, 09:14:02 pm »

Sorry to bring this thread away from Sharkchucks, but....

When I said here, I meant in Boston, not on the forums. :P
I definitely consider many of you my friends, especially MZ because if I don't say that he'll punch me.

* GlyphGryph sighs

I just don't know, even if I had friends here (in Boston) I don't think I'd have any idea what to do with them. :/

I don't even have any problems socializing, truth be told. I could tell you about a whole bunch of people in this city, their lives, some great conversations about interesting topics, about Kai, and Even, and Jen and Sarah.

But these are just people I meet - I never see them again. I enjoy the ten minutes or half an hour or evening I spend hanging out with them, but... that's it. That's all that happens. It's all that ever happens.

Even the people I meet with and talk with regularly, my coworkers, my sportsball team, I just... can't move beyond that. It's all transient - once circumstances no longer keep us together, that's the end of it.

And I don't know how to make it otherwise.

Maybe I don't really want to.

If I did actually make some friends, I very much doubt I'd no what to do with them.

Bleh.

And that's not even the thing that's bothering me most right now - I have my wife, thank Eris, I have my real life friends and family a few hours away by train, I have you guys. I just thought I'd have... more. Just...

Just in general, I guess.

I don't even know what I was expecting, really. Just more from myself. I've just disappointed myself on, well... all fronts, really.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47957 on: June 14, 2012, 10:02:46 pm »

I definitely consider many of you my friends, especially MZ because if I don't say that he'll punch me.
Did you miss the whole "eschew facepunching in favor of shark-chuck dueling" thing? I want something much more entertaining than facepunching, especially when dealing with an equal or superior.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47958 on: June 14, 2012, 10:06:43 pm »

Glyph, if you ever came over to Australia, know that TAD, Blarg and the rest of us Australian Bay12ers (Doomshifter, Osmosis Jones, etc) would be perfectly happy to hang out.

WOO MAN

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47959 on: June 14, 2012, 10:10:47 pm »

Don't fall for it, man. Reudh is actually a giant spider that's learned to use the comptuer. He wants to eat us all. Between GiantSpiderReudh and ZombieChefJanet, we're all doomed.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47960 on: June 14, 2012, 10:13:05 pm »

I learned three very important things recently.

1. I am not good at frying bacon.

2. My smoke alarm does not work.

3. My now ex-spatula was not very melt resistant.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47961 on: June 14, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

Did you miss the whole "eschew facepunching in favor of shark-chuck dueling" thing? I want something much more entertaining than facepunching, especially when dealing with an equal or superior.

Look, I'm sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to think about it. All those sharks, all that flailing. And I didn't say anything about what you'd punch me WITH, I know you're a creative dude! :P

Anywho, I think it'll be a while before I'm back in Oceania, but if it happens any time soon I'll make a point of letting y'all know.

Gods, I remember when I wanted nothing more than to be back down there, now I can barely muster the slightest of desires. :/

If these were the only lessons learned, be thankful. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47962 on: June 14, 2012, 10:18:54 pm »

Look, I'm sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to think about it. All those sharks, all that flailing. And I didn't say anything about what you'd punch me WITH, I know you're a creative dude! :P

Anywho, I think it'll be a while before I'm back in Oceania, but if it happens any time soon I'll make a point of letting y'all know.

Gods, I remember when I wanted nothing more than to be back down there, now I can barely muster the slightest of desires. :/

If these were the only lessons learned, be thankful. :P
Yes. Bacon grease catches fire very, very easily. Also, one should never fry bacon nude.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47963 on: June 14, 2012, 10:22:48 pm »

Some of the bacon was actually semi-edible on my second attempt. I just had to pick out the plastic.

I am a terrible chef.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47964 on: June 14, 2012, 10:24:07 pm »

Some of the bacon was actually semi-edible on my second attempt. I just had to pick out the plastic.

I am a terrible chef.
So long as you learn from your mistakes, then you will become proficient in no time.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47965 on: June 14, 2012, 10:24:30 pm »

I've fried bacon nude no problem. The key is not to be an idiot when you do it that way and use a frying pan cover or a deep pan. :P

It's the safety goggles I'm never going to forget again...

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47966 on: June 14, 2012, 10:28:13 pm »

Yes. Bacon grease catches fire very, very easily. Also, one should never fry bacon nude.
That's right. Make sure your bacon is at least wearing underwear. Show your food some decency. :P
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47967 on: June 14, 2012, 10:28:36 pm »

So long as you learn from your mistakes, then you will become proficient in no time.
While that may be, between my cooking inadequacy and all the hiking I'll have to do at App State, I fully expect my Freshman Fifteen to become the Freshman Negative Twenty.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47968 on: June 14, 2012, 10:30:06 pm »

While that may be, between my cooking inadequacy and all the hiking I'll have to do at App State, I fully expect my Freshman Fifteen to become the Freshman Negative Twenty.
Not if you keep eating dat bacon. :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47969 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:42 pm »

Dat plastic bacon.

Seriously, what? Did you not take it out of the package?!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 ... 8166