Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3194 3195 [3196] 3197 3198 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410974 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47925 on: June 14, 2012, 03:15:31 am »

New subject? New subject.
Agreed. You guys and girls are awesome and all, but I have no desire to hear about your personal lives. o_o;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47926 on: June 14, 2012, 03:17:43 am »

Pff, you people and your uncomfortableness. Anyway, I have to head to bed now, I have to work in the morning.

Don't worry. I probably won't be thinking of you. Probably.

Lucid dreaming, awaaaaay!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #47927 on: June 14, 2012, 07:56:43 am »

My time in this dept is sucking ass. It seems that in the few times that I'm not being ignored and sidelined, I'm being used as a glorified errand boy for pointless and oft annoying little tasks (turning on and off a fucking flashlight is about the highlight of my responsabilities, and this is mostly due to the fact that I'm the only one in the whole floor who can actually manage to do this). There was a point this afternoon where I was literally bordering on tears with the stupidity of this whole thing. The only thing that cheers me up is that in one month I'll finish this shit and get elsewhere. No guarantee elsewhere wont be more of the same...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47928 on: June 14, 2012, 09:17:19 am »

My laptop seem to be stuck in the "installing updates" phase, and I've heard that bad things can happen if you forcibly turn it off during it... Advice on what to do, fellows?
Love, scriver~

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47929 on: June 14, 2012, 09:36:14 am »

My laptop seem to be stuck in the "installing updates" phase, and I've heard that bad things can happen if you forcibly turn it off during it... Advice on what to do, fellows?
if its been more than two hours go ahead and turn it off, be prepare to do a system repair.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47930 on: June 14, 2012, 09:48:31 am »

Or get a new laptop. I had something like that, completely hosed my Gateway. Boot sector on the HD was so screwed up it wouldn't even let me format and reload.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47931 on: June 14, 2012, 10:13:33 am »

So, my mom's boss gave her a (company) car to drive, with fuel being free of charge too. Would be in the happy thread were it not for a bunch of stuff that's going to be detailed below.

Yesterday, my brother (elder, not eldest) sulked over what my mom said about not being able to use it unless my other brother (eldest) would also accompany him. Both for safety and business purposes, I mean it would be bad if the car had a dent on first day, and we also need to keep the car available at all times, being owned by the company after all.

Today, he started instigating and planting false info on my eldest brother, in an attempt to create a commotion and allow him to convince mom to use the car for recreational purposes. He got what he wanted, somewhat. My mom came from home only to be berated by the eldest brother about stuff my elder brother wasn't so sure about. It ended badly, to put it lightly.

To this hour, my eldest brother and mom reconciled, but my elder brother hasn't.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47932 on: June 14, 2012, 10:40:46 am »

So, I turned the laptop off and restarted, and when prompted chose "start as usual" (because I hoped I wouldn't have to do extra stuff unless I had to). Everything seems okay so far. Hopefully it'll turn off allright next time.

I don't think I would have had to get a new one though. I mean, not pay for a new one at least. We have three years warranty thanks to Mother State over here, and I hope this would had fallen under "not my fault".

Thanks for the advice anyways guys. Except greatorder :P
Love, scriver~

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47933 on: June 14, 2012, 10:46:52 am »

Thanks for the advice anyways guys. Except greatorder :P
Greatorder was just feeling smuggy next to his icrap.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47934 on: June 14, 2012, 11:08:43 am »

Mostly, my own thoughts.

I have no friends here and I will never probably never have friends here because I just can't do it. I am lazy and unsociable and contrary and really not feeling particularly well lately.

I wish I was working now but instead I'm being a bad employee and posting here, proving my point.

I'm not particularly upset about where my life, only by the fact that I'm getting worse instead of better and can't see it ever improving.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47935 on: June 14, 2012, 05:16:10 pm »

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:11:42 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47936 on: June 14, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »

I have no friends here and I will never probably never have friends here because I just can't do it. I am lazy and unsociable and contrary and really not feeling particularly well lately
Hey, I'll be your friend. You seem a nice guy and I'm more of a contrarian than you :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47937 on: June 14, 2012, 05:44:43 pm »

I have no friends here and I will never probably never have friends here because I just can't do it. I am lazy and unsociable and contrary and really not feeling particularly well lately
Hey, I'll be your friend. You seem a nice guy and I'm more of a contrarian than you :P

Ditto.

Honestly, there are ways to improve, slowly but surely. You need to start putting points into socialization skills, even though its probably cross class. I feel like I'm unemployed right now, because starting a business basically is being unemployed at first and for some time thereafter.

Suggestion Only:
Find a local chamber of commerce, rotary, toastmaster's, eagle's, lion's, or elk's club and just hang out there/go to meetings. The people there are totally looking to network like a motherf***er. Yes, this can actually lead to real friends even once you show you honestly have no use for whatever the fuck they are selling. a.) They'd like to tap into the people you know, and b.) they're human too and also need friends. Hell, you know more about this than I do actually given the technology thing with the meetup.com stuff you suggested. Thanks again by the way.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47938 on: June 14, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »

What if its a different animal though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #47939 on: June 14, 2012, 06:06:35 pm »

Truen, the idea you have about selling cars not on the current lot? A lot of car places already have this through their website where people can look at cars from different lots run by the same guy.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3194 3195 [3196] 3197 3198 ... 8166