Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3189 3190 [3191] 3192 3193 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9409434 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47850 on: June 13, 2012, 12:09:03 am »

And just think of all the drama we could get out about hiding her true identity. Come on, that is TV gold right there.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #47851 on: June 13, 2012, 12:23:13 am »

Iff burted my donge! :-(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47852 on: June 13, 2012, 12:40:10 am »

It actually does sound like her life could make for a really good drama, I'm thinking something along the lines of "How I Met Your Mother". It might have to be dramatized more than a bit to make it flow as a good story, but if I had a studio, the money, and thought I could convince people to air it, it's definitely something I'd want to make.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47853 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42:19 am »

WHY AM I LAUGHING SO MUCH
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #47854 on: June 13, 2012, 12:52:51 am »

It actually does sound like her life could make for a really good drama, I'm thinking something along the lines of "How I Met Your Mother". It might have to be dramatized more than a bit to make it flow as a good story, but if I had a studio, the money, and thought I could convince people to air it, it's definitely something I'd want to make.

That would be quite a twist: Your mother was a man...

Lawyers lives do seem dramatic though, I've often thought if my attorny friends life was written into a screenplay, it would be rejected as too far fetched.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47855 on: June 13, 2012, 01:18:27 am »

Well, there goes my prospect at THAT school. Fuck you, homophobic asshats.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47856 on: June 13, 2012, 01:32:57 am »

It seems surprising that they would have turned you down for that. Most schools I've heard of want diversity. Unless this isn't the U.S. and college you're talking about.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47857 on: June 13, 2012, 01:34:00 am »

It seems surprising that they would have turned you down for that. Most schools I've heard of want diversity. Unless this isn't the U.S. and college you're talking about.
US, but highschool. They didn't turn me down, but I really don't want to be in a place like that.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47858 on: June 13, 2012, 01:38:31 am »

Well I was talking more about the style of it. I'd imagine it as an actor playing Truean is in a female persona (I'd imagine her having a blunt personality with a kind of Amelia Earhart vibe), she interviews a radio host who plans to interview her about what it's like to be lawyer, and the host winds up getting a lot more than he/she planned for.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47859 on: June 13, 2012, 01:39:59 am »

Well I was talking more about the style of it. I'd imagine it as an actor playing Truean is in a female persona (I'd imagine her having a blunt personality with a kind of Amelia Earhart vibe), she interviews a radio host who plans to interview her about what it's like to be lawyer, and the host winds up getting a lot more than he/she planned for.
It could start out like that, culminating in Truean yelling "DON'T BE A LAWYER, KIDS" and storming out.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47860 on: June 13, 2012, 01:55:12 am »

It could start out like that, culminating in Truean yelling "DON'T BE A LAWYER, KIDS" and storming out.
Well I imagined it basically being a bunch of stories that tell the story of why being a lawyer sucks, why being a lawyer who is a dude that is into other dudes sucks twice as much, and why being a lawyer who is a dude that is into other dudes and also wants to be a woman sucks to infinity and beyond.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #47861 on: June 13, 2012, 01:59:29 am »

Well I imagined it basically being a bunch of stories that tell the story of why being a lawyer sucks, why being a lawyer who is a dude that is into other dudes sucks twice as much, and why being a lawyer who is a dude that is into other dudes and also wants to be a woman sucks to infinity and beyond.

If it has Patrick Warburton, I'm there.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47862 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:11 am »

If it has Patrick Warburton, I'm there.

Hillary Swank seems fitted to the role rather well actually Thought to be honest, she has a wider jaw structure and cheek bones than I do. She doesn't exactly look like me, but meh. Plus she's done similar work before from what I understand.

Come to think of it, many writers were once lawyers who just got sick of it all.

In other news somebody else's client told the judge exactly what to do with himself in domestic relations court today. The judge told the bailiff to take him to a cell. He'll be there for 21 days; that's pretty much direct criminal contempt of court right there. My first mental reaction was, "Son of a .... Wait a minute, that's not my idiot for once?"

After that, it made pretty much everything else that happened in that room seem better by comparison.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:20:50 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47863 on: June 13, 2012, 01:42:35 pm »

Excellent, Truean. I'm taking notes now.

I was going to make some comment about how Truean probably hates the Phoenix Wright games, but real courts seem more and more like them every day.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47864 on: June 13, 2012, 02:10:57 pm »

Summer School started today. I did not realize that Consumers Ed would be this homework intensive
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 3189 3190 [3191] 3192 3193 ... 8166