Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3188 3189 [3190] 3191 3192 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9409593 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47835 on: June 12, 2012, 09:14:55 pm »

Of course to you, the plot is terrible. Whoever's watching it is enjoying your suffering like they would any good tragedy, so take some consolation in that~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47836 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:27 pm »

If it's any consolation, it sounds like you're living in an action movie right now. Maybe get shot once or twice, that'll complete the theme.

If I am, then the plot is terrible.

Come to think of it, I've actually gotten worse advice than "go get shot once or twice."

Sure as hell not the best advice but I take what I can get.

I think that was directed at Corai.

Further proof that you've been working too long :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #47837 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:41 pm »

Sometimes your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47838 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18:46 pm »

If it's any consolation, it sounds like you're living in an action movie right now. Maybe get shot once or twice, that'll complete the theme.

If I am, then the plot is terrible.

Come to think of it, I've actually gotten worse advice than "go get shot once or twice."

Sure as hell not the best advice but I take what I can get.

I think that was directed at Corai.

Further proof that you've been working too long :P

:P

See, not lying, and I totally just proved it without trying. :D We're gonna stick with that one.

Justification for yelling at others. Mom would be proud and envious of me all at once, then explode. You have stumbled upon greatness. :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47839 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18:52 pm »

Truean, you live in a crime drama, not an action movie.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47840 on: June 12, 2012, 09:19:09 pm »

I used to think this was my life's purpose for several years.

In all seriousness, no one should ever fall into that trap. There are way better things to justify your life with than being an example of consequences.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #47841 on: June 12, 2012, 09:22:38 pm »

I used to think this was my life's purpose for several years.

In all seriousness, no one should ever fall into that trap. There are way better things to justify your life with than being an example of consequences.

Everyone's life is an example of consequences, I thought? Perhaps some not as blatant as others, but still.  :)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47842 on: June 12, 2012, 09:27:49 pm »

Well, bad consequences. And it's certainly not one's sole justification for living, ever.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47843 on: June 12, 2012, 09:33:08 pm »

I would watch the Truean Crime Drama Show.

...actually, have you considered teaming up with an author and telling your life story at some point? Seriously, this shit is gold.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47844 on: June 12, 2012, 11:40:50 pm »

Episode 1: Truean talks a man down from going on a shooting rampage.
Episode 2: Truean receives some asshole's cremated relative.
Episode 3: Uh... that's really all I can remember right now, I don't have a list or anything. Someone else fill these in.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47845 on: June 12, 2012, 11:44:32 pm »

It'd be like that war movie of a true story that had to be toned down because nobody believed it was true.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47846 on: June 12, 2012, 11:49:21 pm »

Okay, I've got this.

The pilot starts out with Truean lecturing at some law school about how law schools are shitty. This sets her up as an elite lawyer or something silly like that (I'm not very good at characterization), then she gets interrupted by the guy who wants to shoot people and the episode ends with some snappy comment like "That's what real lawyering is like."

We'll call it True Truean.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47847 on: June 12, 2012, 11:52:01 pm »

Episode 1: Truean talks a man down from going on a shooting rampage.
Episode 2: Truean receives some asshole's cremated relative.
Episode 3: Uh... that's really all I can remember right now, I don't have a list or anything. Someone else fill these in.
There was also the literally impossible case (you know, the robbery case[?] where everyone else called not it and then Truean got the plaintiff to confess to making the whole thing up).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47848 on: June 12, 2012, 11:54:56 pm »

And there could be a filler episode wherein Truean tells us about the idiots in the industry, such as the lawyer who attempted to countersue by showing some poorly doctor images, and the lawyer says to Truean "NOT SO HOT ARE YOU NOW, FALSE-AN?"

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47849 on: June 13, 2012, 12:01:53 am »

Are we allowed to include Phoenix Wright references?  :o  Truean should definitely have his hair :D
Pages: 1 ... 3188 3189 [3190] 3191 3192 ... 8166