Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3182 3183 [3184] 3185 3186 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411109 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47745 on: June 09, 2012, 10:29:03 pm »

:(  I finally got my brother from his "always there, always attached to the hip" wife for five minutes to show him something neat I made in Maya.  And then Maya screws up and refuses to display pretty much anything.  Just in time for his wife to swoop in, say I probably screwed it all up and leads my brother away by the hand.  ._.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47746 on: June 10, 2012, 07:28:09 am »

It certainly feels lonely and boring with my mother going to another place for a few days for a meeting, and my two brothers leaving me alone over here for driving lessons.

And here I am, staring at a computer screen and otherwise doing nothing. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47747 on: June 10, 2012, 07:40:53 am »

Women keep asking me out and I only like men....

I'd really like more of them to become friends, but for some reason they don't. I can't figure this out at all. Have they not seen Will and Grace? Do they not believe that I'm gay or think I'm just trying to spare their feelings (only)? For some reason it's awkward. I mean I can sorta understand a bit of that, but huh?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47749 on: June 10, 2012, 10:09:49 am »

I'd really like more of them to become friends, but for some reason they don't. I can't figure this out at all. Have they not seen Will and Grace? Do they not believe that I'm gay or think I'm just trying to spare their feelings (only)? For some reason it's awkward. I mean I can sorta understand a bit of that, but huh?

Have you tried bluntly telling them that you really would like to be friends?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47750 on: June 10, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »

Or saying, "I'm sorry, but you're not my type." Then, when they ask what your type is, describe Channing Tatum in detail. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #47752 on: June 10, 2012, 12:59:24 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/10/teen-thrown-from-plane-before-florida-crash-sheriff-says/

What a way to go. :/
Fox news?

I check Google News frequently and they include basically all major publications. Besides, this isn't exactly politically charged.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47753 on: June 10, 2012, 01:27:57 pm »

Or saying, "I'm sorry, but you're not my type." Then, when they ask what your type is, describe Channing Tatum in detail. :P

:P

Actually yes, I have. I either a.) Don't trust the women in that situation and just politely decline, or b.) Do trust them and tell them the truth about my liking men. Then I try to be friends with those in column b and pretty much straight out say so. Seems they're too busy or something most of the time. [shrugs].

I guess I just don't consider it fun to go out and get drunk all the time like it appears everyone else does. I could do that cheaper at home without holding someone else's hair back.

Also all club songs are the same. You know how they replaced the stick of gum in baseball card packs with a pink piece of balsa wood and nobody ever noticed? Yeah, club music, same....

Also, I actually did do that once where I told her she wasn't my type and when asked what my type was, I said, "Well, personable, tall, short hair, great pecks, will hold me in his arms nicely...." :P
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:28:30 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #47754 on: June 10, 2012, 02:12:40 pm »

I can't seem to stay connected to a certain teamspeak server, or even see an associated ARMA2 server, for no apparent reason.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47755 on: June 10, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »

Also all club songs are the same.
NoooooOOOOooooOOOoooOOOoooo

Well, sometimes, depends on the club really. I like my clubs, playing things like NIN, MSI, and LoA remixes.

Anyway, it's a club - you're supposed to be there to dance, not listen to music! :P

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #47756 on: June 10, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »

Also, I'm really bad with the friend thing. In high school, the way I'm "making friends" is by getting to lunch first and sitting at an empty table, and hoping that decent people sit with me. I guess I'll have to work on that.
Yep, you're a CS major alright. I think a lot more people in programming fields were like that than you realize. You'll fit right in at a CS department, where the playing field is leveled by nearly everyone starting out socially awkward. Also remember, no one you meet when you enter college will know you. Thus giving you one of life's few opportunities to entirely change how people perceive you. If you make it an explicit goal to be more outgoing, even just in the first few weeks, people will see you as such and treat you as such.

The other thing which is really important is university employment services. RIT is one of the best in those regards, as many majors here have several mandatory paid internships as a requirement to graduate, and so helping students find employment is as important as providing good academic quality. Let's be honest here; a decent self-learner could teach themselves programming to an acceptable level. What they can't do, which a good university will do for them, is have a network of connections and relationships with employers seeking employees. This year, my second year at RIT, I picked out several professors in our department who I deemed to have the most contacts in industry and made it a goal to impress them. I got an interview from one's contacts, and am currently on a pretty well paying internship for the contacts of another. The people who gave me the internship held the professor in such high regard that the interview process essentially consisted of: "Here's a tour of our facility; we will pay you $15 an hour, when can you start?" I'm pretty sure they didn't even have my resume.

And even aside from that, depending on the program's merits, big companies will take notice and will send recruiters looking for interns and employees. Hardly a month goes by at RIT without some form of Microsoft sponsored talk or event, at most of which they collect resumes. From what I recall, RIT's Game Design & Development major (the one I'm in) has 98% employment after graduation; and that's really one of, if not the most important number setting a good university program apart from a bad one or a self-learning situation. It lets you skip the whole 'climbing the corporate ladder from the mailroom' bullshit.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47757 on: June 10, 2012, 04:29:40 pm »

*lies down to take nap*

*wake up 2 hours later with splitting headache*
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47758 on: June 10, 2012, 04:41:21 pm »

Happens t'me pretty often, that. One day I'll find out what causes it, so I can stop it. Because it sucks. Suspect dehydration or allergies, but blazes if I actually know.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47759 on: June 10, 2012, 04:44:53 pm »

:P

Actually yes, I have. I either a.) Don't trust the women in that situation and just politely decline, or b.) Do trust them and tell them the truth about my liking men. Then I try to be friends with those in column b and pretty much straight out say so. Seems they're too busy or something most of the time. [shrugs].

I guess I just don't consider it fun to go out and get drunk all the time like it appears everyone else does. I can do that cheaper at home without holding someone else's hair back.

Also all club songs are the same. You know how they replaced the stick of gum in baseball card packs with a pink piece of balsa wood and nobody ever noticed? Yeah, club music, same....

Moreover, it appears a few of them were just trying to use me to get free legal services. Meh. ain't gonna happen 99% of the time sister, I got expenses to pay before I see a dime.

Also, I actually did do that once where I told her she wasn't my type and when asked what my type was, I said, "Well, personable, tall, short hair, great pecks, will hold me in his arms nicely...." :P
So apparently becoming Truean gets you alot of hotass :P

where do i sign up?
Pages: 1 ... 3182 3183 [3184] 3185 3186 ... 8166