Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3175 3176 [3177] 3178 3179 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415294 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47640 on: June 06, 2012, 10:41:59 pm »

But it's just so easy to kill all the guards! They really need to make open combat a little harder in those games.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47641 on: June 06, 2012, 10:48:32 pm »

Pity the effeminate straight man however.

Oh, it's not even that bad. Also, if someone's dating criteria starts and ends at "masculine guy", you're better off not bothering; wait for someone who better knows what they want in a partner, at least a ways beyond "a male human".

I probably need to rethink some things then, since right now "a female human" is what I'm willing to settle for.

Okay, that's a lie. She does need to have a compatible personality, but some days....

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47642 on: June 06, 2012, 10:51:17 pm »

Oh, it's not even that bad. Also, if someone's dating criteria starts and ends at "masculine guy", you're probably better off not bothering. You're better off waiting for someone who better knows what they want in a partner, at least a ways beyond "a male homo sapiens".

[nod nod]

It may be ONE of my dating criteria but you should run from anyone whose dating criteria "start and ends at 'masculine guy.'" Honestly, at some point, you'll have to talk to each other about something... or I suppose there's the 50-60% of people who divorce in the U.S....

.... Nobody likes boats. They like the IDEA of a boat. The ACTUALITY of a boat, docking and storage fees, maintenance, licensing, marine gasoline, etc, suck.

Nobody likes dangerous boys. They like the IDEA of one.... Until they end up on an episode of "COPS" on TV....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47643 on: June 06, 2012, 10:54:13 pm »

I don't even like the IDEA of a boat! Even as a metaphor!

Unless it's a house boat, but that's because I know several people who lived on one and managed to save a good deal of money over a regular apartment, and its kind of awesome to drive your entire house to your job quicker and for less gas than a car would take.

Rhode Island is a bit of a weird place though.

And I'm pretty much responding to a metaphor so... ignore me. :v

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47644 on: June 06, 2012, 11:00:24 pm »

What, no, boats are great. Well, other people's boats are great. I wouldn't want to own one but I'd want my friend to. I'm not sure where this takes the metaphor.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47645 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:54 pm »

Oh, it's not even that bad. Also, if someone's dating criteria starts and ends at "masculine guy", you're better off not bothering; wait for someone who better knows what they want in a partner, at least a ways beyond "a male human".

I probably need to rethink some things then, since right now "a female human" is what I'm willing to settle for.

Okay, that's a lie. She does need to have a compatible personality, but some days....

"Looking for: Female Lady Person.

Turn ons: Smells nice
Turn offs: Secretly a werewolf"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47646 on: June 06, 2012, 11:05:28 pm »

What, no, boats are great. Well, other people's boats are great. I wouldn't want to own one but I'd want my friend to. I'm not sure where this takes the metaphor.
Boats are boring and the people who like boats are boring. I am sorry, they are fine as conveyances if you need to get across water, but we can not be friends now if you think they are "great".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47647 on: June 06, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »

Boats are boring and the people who like boats are boring. I am sorry, they are fine as conveyances if you need to get across water, but we can not be friends now if you think they are "great".

They are great though! The gentle rocking when at a standstill, the bobbing when moving at speeds, the wind and mist hitting you, the knowledge that you're directly above an entire world of underwater life, and they can be much much bigger than any car, you can live in them! What's not to love?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47648 on: June 06, 2012, 11:14:50 pm »

The giant bullfrog the drunk idiot driving the thing is about to attach the boat to with a pointy piece of metal. Bullfrog does not appreciate this, and is larger than the boat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47649 on: June 06, 2012, 11:29:45 pm »

I really liked the ship I worked on for a couple months in Hudson Bay. That was cool. I'll never go back, because it was fucking cold, but it was a neat experience. Even if I spent the first week doing nothing but throwing up and panicking because I can't swim.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47650 on: June 06, 2012, 11:37:57 pm »

I will admit, most of my significant time spent on boats was spend on the bay, where things like "waves" aren't actually a factor most of the time. And diving from boats is fun, actually exploring the ocean beneath you, but simply being above it?

Really, it comes down to the fact that everything boat related is just so damn passive. Even sailing is pretty much just adjusting the boat so it does what you want it to on its own.

And water is just so... flat. There's no change, no irregularity, so... empty.

I never quite understood "the joy of planes" either, probably for the same reason.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47651 on: June 06, 2012, 11:52:55 pm »

I think my boat/badboy comparison just got proven.

The IDEA of something is what people think about it: usually the good things.

The ACTUALITY of something is the real shit: costs. <---- Nobody likes this.

With guys, girls often think, the bad ones are "exciting" etc. In actuality they're stupid, will drag you into trouble, cost you bail money and generally be terrible. Same with boats most of the time. "O it'll be so great out on the water and .... [15 minutes later] $2000 docking and storage fees? Marine Gasoline?!?! Son of a bitch!" :P

Give me a nice stable guy who isn't terrible to look at and fun to talk to who likes me for me and I"m ok. No boats. :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47652 on: June 06, 2012, 11:54:23 pm »

I think my boat/badboy comparison just got proven.

The IDEA of something is what people think about it: usually the good things.

The ACTUALITY of something is the real shit: costs. <---- Nobody likes this.

With guys, girls often think, the bad ones are "exciting" etc. In actuality they're stupid, will drag you into trouble, cost you bail money and generally be terrible. Same with boats most of the time. "O it'll be so great out on the water and .... [15 minutes later] $2000 docking and storage fees? Marine Gasoline?!?! Son of a bitch!" :P

Give me a nice stable guy who isn't terrible to look at and fun to talk to who likes me for me and I"m ok. No boats. :P
I take it Truean had a boat once?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47653 on: June 06, 2012, 11:54:39 pm »

I absolutely love boating, and love the water. I grew up next to a series of huge spring-fed lakes, fishing with my bare hands, canoeing, diving for snails, and burrowing my feet into the silty muck at the bottom. I learned to float on my back so I could stay out in the middle of the lake, where the springs came up like icewater from underground, just drifting around and chatting with my friends as we looked up at the sky.

God, I miss that so much.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47654 on: June 06, 2012, 11:57:16 pm »

Yeah... big boat is different thing. River boat's not that expensive to have/maintain, as things go, and the only big things you have to worry about is "bullfrogs", which generally leave you alone, and snakes falling from trees into the boat. Depends on the area, but around here there's a number of public landings that don't involve docking or anything like that. Just drive the boat trailer into the water, get the thing loose, and off you go.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3175 3176 [3177] 3178 3179 ... 8166