Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3165 3166 [3167] 3168 3169 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418474 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47490 on: June 02, 2012, 01:52:03 am »

I realized today what the last, strongest emotional tie I have to living as a dude is: it's so much easier than transitioning. It's ridiculously, laughably easy in comparison. I guess I'm glad that I've resolved these doubts, but I've also had to think more about the long, shitty road that lies ahead.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47491 on: June 02, 2012, 03:45:40 am »

Well, a few months back, I found a second hand copy of Painkiller (game, not album). At one point, it crashes. You cannot escape the part where it crashes. On a sadder topic, I can hardly see out of my right eye, today.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47492 on: June 02, 2012, 03:50:09 am »

There is that damn mission in GTA:SA that I can't get past.

I have to intercept a mafia hit, flying in a Shamal (in a passenger jet), in my Dodo (small, light plane).

No matter how careful I am, my Dodo's top speed is probably barely 3/4 of the Shamal's so I can't even stay in the zone I need to stay in.

Impossible mission, plus there's no way to actually skip missions.

And it's a story mission too. D:

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47493 on: June 02, 2012, 04:24:10 am »

Find the cheats.
There are some damn awesome cheats, and i use them all the time.
If you cant get past a mission, dont. Just chillax in teh world and kill people with a metric fuckton of c4.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47494 on: June 02, 2012, 04:42:32 am »

Oh of course, and I also have SA-MP, but not being able to complete a story mode because the coding is shitty/whatever, annoys me beyond belief.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47495 on: June 02, 2012, 04:44:41 am »

That the mission where you have to parachute into the plane and then waste everyone? Dont recall having much problem with that TBH.
This is a blank sig.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47496 on: June 02, 2012, 05:07:44 am »

Probably is. But IIRC the speed of a thing is directly tied to FPS so the higher your FPS, the faster your vehicle. My rig isn't great for GTA:SA, so I get ~20fps in flight.

The Dodo has NO hope of even keeping up with the Shamal.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47497 on: June 02, 2012, 05:11:41 am »

That's some damn shitty coding if some speeds are tied to FPS but others to realtime.

Maybe you're missing something? Check out a gamefaqs walkthrough.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47498 on: June 02, 2012, 05:16:08 am »

Hmm. AFAIK you just need to bail out of the dodo above a certain point, go through some red rings and you would magically appear in the plane. But I dont know if you needed to get to the jump pount under some time limit linked to the jet, which might be your issue with FPS....
This is a blank sig.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47499 on: June 02, 2012, 05:46:38 am »

I know I need to bail out at a certain point, but the thing is the Dodo can't even get up to the Shamal to even get into the ring.
By the time it comes into my draw distance, it's too late to turn around.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47500 on: June 02, 2012, 05:55:59 am »

I know I need to bail out at a certain point, but the thing is the Dodo can't even get up to the Shamal to even get into the ring.
By the time it comes into my draw distance, it's too late to turn around.

Are you following or intercepting the jet? I remember having a lot of trouble with the optional pilot missions in SA (so much rage back then) but the mission you're talking about now was fairly easy from what I remember. If this were me, rather than cheating (just yet), I'd check some walkthrough to see if I've missed something obvious (as I occasionally do in games).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47501 on: June 02, 2012, 09:35:27 am »

Already done that ;3

Ok did you do everything in this list?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nothing. T-T Still not working today...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47502 on: June 02, 2012, 02:38:22 pm »

Already done that ;3

Ok did you do everything in this list?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nothing. T-T Still not working today...
Damn, if you can beat the list its either the router not putting out or comcast :P

Well sorry i couldn't help you, im trying to stay off the internet as i got bronchitis again and need rest damnit >__>

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47503 on: June 02, 2012, 06:04:12 pm »

Huh. It's an hour earlier than I thought it was. Damn. Long workday is long.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47504 on: June 02, 2012, 07:28:10 pm »

It seems every time I feel terrible lately everyone that can help is gone or needs to go.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 3165 3166 [3167] 3168 3169 ... 8167