Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3164 3165 [3166] 3167 3168 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418940 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47475 on: June 01, 2012, 08:22:59 pm »

Why ... Comcast selectively discriminates against my house only. Next door's wifi works fine, but mine doesn't. Judging from the fact that directly plugging in the modem's wire into the computer doesn't work, the source is suspect...

Also, always on Fridays.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47476 on: June 01, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »

Why ... Comcast selectively discriminates against my house only. Next door's wifi works fine, but mine doesn't. Judging from the fact that directly plugging in the modem's wire into the computer doesn't work, the source is suspect...

Also, always on Fridays.
Did someone forget to pay the bill?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47477 on: June 01, 2012, 08:42:42 pm »

It started pouring rain at a baseball game, and I got to walk through one of the highest crime rate cities, in the dark and pouring rain. Fun!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47478 on: June 01, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

Ooh, I've done that before, Quinnr. It ain't fun.

See: Frankston, Victoria.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47479 on: June 01, 2012, 10:08:47 pm »

Also, always on Fridays.

... Wha...?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #47480 on: June 01, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »

Look on the bright side; the rain will deter all the fair-weather-criminals! Only those artisans truly devoted to their craft will be wandering the streets in a downpour.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47481 on: June 01, 2012, 10:18:32 pm »

Also, always on Fridays.

... Wha...?
I totally missed the "only on Fridays" bit  :-[

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47482 on: June 01, 2012, 11:16:41 pm »

Also, always on Fridays.

... Wha...?
did you call them or went to complain to us first? :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47483 on: June 01, 2012, 11:17:59 pm »

:p
I'd almost bet someone at Comcast is toggling the breaker to my house's internet every friday just for the lolz.

@Tellemarius — My dad determined that it was not our router's problem, but the cable that leads into our house. Comcast probably doesn't work on Saturdays. So... yeah.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47484 on: June 01, 2012, 11:22:39 pm »

I'd almost bet someone at Comcast is toggling the breaker to my house's internet every friday just for the lolz.

@Tellemarius — My dad determined that it was not our router's problem, but the cable that leads into our house. Comcast probably doesn't work on Saturdays. So... yeah.
Give it a shot anyways. It's possible that Comcast has a contractor in the area who does work on Saturdays. I used to be one of them :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47485 on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »

Do you get a message on your computer saying you have a connection?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47486 on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:59 pm »

The network icon has a cute little yellow triangle with a black !. The error thrown by Chrome is 'could not find DNS server'. Everything connected to that internet, such as my internet phone or WiFi, timed out each time they tried todo stuff. I looked at the connection information, and the Recieved Packets stayed constant.

I don't think is remotely enough info to help :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47487 on: June 01, 2012, 11:33:26 pm »

The network icon has a cute little yellow triangle with a black !. The error thrown by Chrome is 'could not find DNS server'. Everything connected to that internet, such as my internet phone or WiFi, timed out each time they tried todo stuff. I looked at the connection information, and the Recieved Packets stayed constant.

I don't think is remotely enough info to help :P
OH yes it is :P

Change DNS server settings on the computer to the google dns 8.8.8.8 alternate 8.8.4.4

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47488 on: June 01, 2012, 11:37:13 pm »

Already done that ;3

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47489 on: June 01, 2012, 11:40:20 pm »

Already done that ;3

Ok did you do everything in this list?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 3164 3165 [3166] 3167 3168 ... 8167