Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3163 3164 [3165] 3166 3167 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418967 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47460 on: June 01, 2012, 12:29:27 pm »

I'm sorry Nevyn... and despite my usually endless font of sage wisdom, I don't know what to say. You've still got your friends, and of course us.

I'm a bit stressed about money again. Been stretching my meals and tapping into my dry food stores, since over a month's pay from the new job has been in limbo. It was supposed to be resolved by today, but so far I've seen nothing. This is a problem, since today is the last day I have to pay rent, before I have to make a court appearance and/or risk eviction. I have nothing but change I've scrounged up to cover gas and parking for work, let alone a grocery trip, and only have about a week of dry/frozen food left.

Also, my roommate is moving back in with his folks due to financial concerns of his own, and I don't have a roomie lined up. Money, why you gotta be so bleh?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:31:01 pm by Solifuge »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
You prob wont even notice this...
« Reply #47461 on: June 01, 2012, 01:19:48 pm »

Ugh... One of my friends is overreacting because one of my other friends lied about it.
Cue him calling in some of the fucking annoying people of the school and me watching him 'fight' him, and he being pissed off about me and thinking that i'm on his side.
Worst thing, i didnt do anything about it. I didnt know what to do, and i couldnt do anything, because i'm physically quite weak.

Also, i hate sports class.
Its just retarded when it looks to you as if half of your class is a bodybuilder, because you are weak.
Half of the class we do what they have to do.
Half of the class we can choose what sport to do.

GUESS WHAT MY CLASS CHOOSES?

Soccer.
GODDAMN.
SOCCER.

The single most retarded sport in the world, where all i do is walk around, nearly fall, and fail horribly at everything...
ugh.

EDIT:
May actually fit best in rage, but meh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47462 on: June 01, 2012, 01:24:41 pm »

Aw I like soccer :<

Of course, that's because here the alternative is football, and I can't take a hit, catch a football, or throw a football. I mean if someone hands one to me I can run like hell and no one can catch me, but that just doesn't happen often enough to make me want to play :p

But I can kick a ball with decent aim, and run pretty fast, so soccer's a good sport for me :D

Edit: now my sads:

I turned off smileys because I don't like the way they look, but I realized they still show up for other people looking at my posts, which defeats the purpose. I could uncheck "Don't use smileys," but I would have to for every single post, and I simply wouldn't remember to do that. I guess I could use unorthodox ones that the forum doesn't pick up on, but old habits and all that :T
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:27:32 pm by Vertigon »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47463 on: June 01, 2012, 01:27:12 pm »

The thing is, i really get ran over by nearly everybody.
A few weeks ago, i fel, and i had a wound on my knee for 3 weeks.
I'm the second tallest person in my schoolyear (english translation, gah).
But i really suck at sports class :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47464 on: June 01, 2012, 01:34:52 pm »

I'm deeply worried that the girl I mentioned a few days ago that I got together with might have just been toying with me. Now I'm feeling really dumb sitting here waiting for her to call back to make plans that might never happen...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You prob wont even notice this...
« Reply #47465 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10:20 pm »

@JoshuaFH
Any particular reason for you to think that? I urge you not to jump to conclusions, but if it's as you think it is, you have my condolences.

-snip-

If it's any consolation, you're not alone. There's a reason The Jock and The Geek are stock characters in high school fiction. I know quite a few people who have had bad experiences with school sports. I can myself clock about 8 years worth of school sports that rubbed me the wrong way. Either you learn to like it or you persevere. By the time you're 20, probably earlier, any and all instances of sports classes should be behind you unless you specifically study something that requires good fitness.

And don't hate the game. Kicking a ball is a good way to pass the time if you're in good company. Even the best sports turn out crappy if you're playing it in a school setting though. So remember that. Don't let school sour your idea of group sports.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47466 on: June 01, 2012, 02:26:12 pm »

@JoshuaFH
Any particular reason for you to think that? I urge you not to jump to conclusions, but if it's as you think it is, you have my condolences.

Well, I just asked an impartial friend, and after telling him all about it, and getting his advice, that was just his opinion. But I agree I might be emotionally jumpy, I'm just not sure since I'm 23 and I have so little experience with women. I feel a bit better now though after taking some time for myself. Just gotta remember to be confident in myself, and I can deal with whatever.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #47467 on: June 01, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »

It happens. Mostly because of misunderstandings, sometimes because some people are overtly flirty all the time, and less frequently, because some other people are overtly manipulative. My sympathies, at any rate. Try to not get too angry, it leads nowhere useful, and it might not even be justified (misunderstandings)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47468 on: June 01, 2012, 03:08:42 pm »

The thing is, i really get ran over by nearly everybody.
A few weeks ago, i fel, and i had a wound on my knee for 3 weeks.
I'm the second tallest person in my schoolyear (english translation, gah).
But i really suck at sports class :P
At least its not football so you aren't getting pummeled by accident.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47469 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:14 pm »

It happens. Mostly because of misunderstandings, sometimes because some people are overtly flirty all the time, and less frequently, because some other people are overtly manipulative. My sympathies, at any rate. Try to not get too angry, it leads nowhere useful, and it might not even be justified (misunderstandings)

I hope it's just a misunderstanding. It'd be something that'd break my heart. This all happened very fast though, and alot of things happened that I would have never predicted. I think that even if it turns out bad, I picked up some experience, and some confidence from the ordeal.

I just need to not beat myself up about it, something I'm wanton to do. I can use this as another emotional stepping stone towards getting the things I want in life.

Also, I got discovered HogWild's videos on youtube because of this, and I have to say that I like the cut of this guy's jib. He seems to know what he's talking about.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47470 on: June 01, 2012, 04:45:23 pm »

It saddens me to see happy couples while I have noone but my own, brooding self.

It doesnt make me dramatically sad, but it does burn a bit when I dwell on it.... grr....

I'm half of a very unhappy couple; does that make you feel better?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47471 on: June 01, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »

What makes me sad is my Aunt, who I love, is one of those born-again Christians, "Don't trust the doctors, but eat whatever the internet tells you to to cleanse your liver and make you fart rainbows like it's going out of style!"

She lives on a small rural plot of land, raises chickens, and is accepting of my sexuality without any of the "I don't approve but I love you anyway" bullshit. Hell, she thinks Cody is adorable!

So it makes me sad that she's pulled in by the bullshit. And to top it all off, I'm terrible at talking to people about that kind of thing. Especially since she is the kind of person who seems more interested in 'winning' than finding out the truth during a discussion. (It's never really turned into an argument but still :/)

It bothers me, kay? D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #47472 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »

Backstory; I have a girlfriend of over a year now that I cared about quite a bit. But then I met a girl a little while back that I've become pretty taken with. I find out after she starts dating one of her friends that she liked me too. Well, I was going to back off, but neither of us quite can manage to do it; we just don't want to. We haven't done anything to actually cheat, mind you, but I'm not sure how - or if I can - break up with my current girlfriend. Especially with this girl dating someone else anyway. However, this relatively recent boyfriend of hers treats her like crap. He's controlling, cruel, and often simply ignores her 99% of the time. Not to mention he's a small time drug-addict who ratted out a friend of mine to save his own skin when he almost got found out. Mind you, I don't condone any form of drug use, but still, no matter what your lifestyle is, being a selfish rat is always distasteful.

So suffice to say I really dislike this guy for a lot of reasons.

What's getting me down about this today? I'm graduating next Friday, all that's left of High School life are exams, and I'm not going to be able to see this girl much at all now. But she's very close to dumping her boyfriend. Not necessarily for me, mind you, but because of the way he treats her. Plus, I still have my own confusion with my current girlfriend, who I really feel like I've lost all attachment to between stuff happening between me and her, and my feelings that have crept up on me with this girl I've been getting close to.

Basically, life and emotions are confusing, and I just really needed to get all that off my chest.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: You prob wont even notice this...
« Reply #47473 on: June 01, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »

-snip-

If it's any consolation, you're not alone. There's a reason The Jock and The Geek are stock characters in high school fiction. I know quite a few people who have had bad experiences with school sports. I can myself clock about 8 years worth of school sports that rubbed me the wrong way. Either you learn to like it or you persevere. By the time you're 20, probably earlier, any and all instances of sports classes should be behind you unless you specifically study something that requires good fitness.

And don't hate the game. Kicking a ball is a good way to pass the time if you're in good company. Even the best sports turn out crappy if you're playing it in a school setting though. So remember that. Don't let school sour your idea of group sports.

I was a geek with absolutely no real life friends for many years.  My grade and the one below me didn't even have a geek clique, and there was no interaction with higher grades until my last year at that school.  I actually loved sports.  They were the only place I was ever treated with any respect, but that was only because I was a really good athlete.  I'm sure nobody wanted to be the guy who chased away someone who was so beneficial to the team.  Outside of a team setting, gym class for instance, things were back to normal.

(btw... having some fun with the thread title?  I do notice!)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47474 on: June 01, 2012, 06:40:32 pm »

fart rainbows like it's going out of style
I'm sorry, but due to how rainbows are formed, that sounds like it would be terribly painful, especially if you were supposed to do it while wearing clothes. Remember, kids, if you're farting rainbows and you aren't a unicorn or Nyan Cat, something is very, very wrong and you should go see a doctor.

My sad: Still trying to find a job as a highschool kid. Which is damn near impossible since most non-fast-food places require a GED or equivalent to apply to work a counter, let alone anything more. I mean, I could go get a GED if I wanted, but I'd much rather graduate normally (by a broad definition of normal) first. And as a result of my unemployment, my father is going to have me work more on a coding 'job' he has for me - which, while not a bad proposition, doesn't count as a professional retail experience and will likely do shit-all for my resume.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 3163 3164 [3165] 3166 3167 ... 8167