Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 [3163] 3164 3165 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419528 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47430 on: May 31, 2012, 02:02:07 pm »

That actually reminds me that I'm not sure if I mentioned that I'm moving to Germany in a year or two.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47431 on: May 31, 2012, 02:07:02 pm »

Belgium is awesome. If you have a plan to move there, do it.
A) I only speak English (sort of, I'm an American.)
B) I can't move too far away from my hometown due to my divorce.
C) Belgium is 6400km away. That's too far.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47432 on: May 31, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »

That actually reminds me that I'm not sure if I mentioned that I'm moving to Germany in a year or two.
Good plan. They have the best foods.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47433 on: May 31, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »

But Max just said he isn't moving to Belgium. Come on man, Germany is even farther than Belgium!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47434 on: May 31, 2012, 02:54:12 pm »

But Max just said he isn't moving to Belgium. Come on man, Germany is even farther than Belgium!
Took me a minute to see what you did there. I approve.

Anybody know what the job situation is like in Scandinavia these days? We'd quite seriously look at moving to Sweden or Denmark if we could get jobs there. Finland is a possibility as well.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #47435 on: May 31, 2012, 03:11:06 pm »

The way I hear the job situation in Germany is not good. Meaning: there ARE jobs but the pay is usually very bad unless you have both a good command of the language and an universitary title they like (in particular they're after doctors and engineers)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47436 on: May 31, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

Mother-in-law's stove is different from my old stove. I didn't expect my soft boiled eggs to be liquid. This saddens me lightly.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47437 on: May 31, 2012, 03:35:09 pm »

Jeez...I really wish I had learned to program. There look to be programming jobs out the wazoo in Stockholm.
*sigh*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47438 on: May 31, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »

It seems the State and Counties are pretty much all having budget problems. To me, this means my appointed counsel hours are now heavily scrutinized and some of them are even later than usual getting paid.... Did I mention it isn't unheard of to be paid 90 days after the trial is done? I suspect I shall have to spend additional time on this; said time is, of course, not compensated.... Moreover, the State is giving me shit about paying for an interpreter to come to the jail with me. Public defenders, or their equivalents have never been known for being well paid, and now this.... I haven't had a valid complaint against me, ever, because they've all been thrown out, but my malpractice insurance went up 23% this year. Moreover, I've been asked to give two free dissolution of marriage, a land contract/lease purchase, and a traffic ticket free ride for free.... When I say no, rather politely, they look at me like I'm ... the asshole ... in the situation. All I wanted for the land contract was $200 and the county recorder fee of $28.50 for the first two pages and I think it's $7/page after that. That woman's face would be the one I'd expect if I cut off her toe.

Sometimes when I get sad I defend criminals, I remember the society protecting itself from them created them.... It's hard not to think they deserve each other sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:14:06 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #47439 on: May 31, 2012, 05:30:37 pm »

Eduard Khil being hospitalised after stroke with recovery unlikely.

http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/trololo-man-critical-health-condition-eduard-hil-466/
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47440 on: May 31, 2012, 05:33:20 pm »

*Sigh* Someone important to me is going through some health issues.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47441 on: May 31, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »

Goddamnit, all I want to do is simple internet stuff, like google searches and youtube videos... WHY is everything screwing up so hard?!

And at this vital time too, when I need a diversion more than anything else.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47442 on: May 31, 2012, 06:20:21 pm »

The last episode of Mirai Nikki.

Not sure if girly man, or just sensitive...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47443 on: May 31, 2012, 07:12:02 pm »

Agh people confusing deformable terrain with voxels :<

I know it's not like "oh noooo the world is ending" but then they try and argue instead of say, looking it up, and that's the part that frustrates me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47444 on: May 31, 2012, 07:17:54 pm »

Hmm. I was about to post on facebook to tell people not to worry about Anonymous hacking and taking down facebook, but then I realized how utterly stupid that was.
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 [3163] 3164 3165 ... 8167