Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3160 3161 [3162] 3163 3164 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419522 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47415 on: May 31, 2012, 12:00:04 pm »

The entire problem could have been easily solved with a couple of basic portals.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47416 on: May 31, 2012, 12:13:32 pm »

Bonus points for configuring thier direction of transmission directly perpendicular to the surface of the planet, so you would gently oscillate back and forth between them.
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47417 on: May 31, 2012, 12:16:19 pm »

A "friend" of mine has become a huge dick and is incredibly hostile to anything i say.

'DONT COMMENT ON ME GHAGHAGHAGHAHGHAGHAHGHAGHAG YOURE ALWAYS SAYING BAD SHIT ABOUT ME GAHGHAGHAGHGAHGAGAH'
This is just getting incredibly annoying, ignoring him for a few weeks wont even stop it...

WHAT DO I DO? I dont want to become friends with him again, but i just want this annoyance to stop.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47418 on: May 31, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »

Stop saying things at all. Block on whatever modes of communication you use, and if confronted in person, just say, quite honestly, that you're doing what they wanted. You're no longer saying bad things about them.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47419 on: May 31, 2012, 12:45:56 pm »

I'll try, thanks.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47420 on: May 31, 2012, 12:46:13 pm »

Or, next time they start, give him the hardest open hand slap you can possibly deliver, and scream, "Get ahold of yourself, man!"

It always works in the movies. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47421 on: May 31, 2012, 01:09:26 pm »

Thing is, he's quite fat and shorter then me. (that said, i'm the tallest in my class xD).
But he's very strong.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47422 on: May 31, 2012, 01:31:45 pm »

Leverage. Use it. Know it. Love it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #47423 on: May 31, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

His opponent is short and fat. Lower gravity edge. Physics suggests that the leverage lies on the hands of the other side
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47424 on: May 31, 2012, 01:34:53 pm »

His opponent is short and fat. Lower gravity edge. Physics suggests that the leverage lies on the hands of the other side
In strikes, yes, but not in throws, submissions and groundwork. Not to mention reach. (I'm 5'1", and 215 lbs. C'mon, man.)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47425 on: May 31, 2012, 01:37:35 pm »

Note: I cannot imagine anything by that, because i live in a country where we apply the much more logical metric system. (belgium, to be specific)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47426 on: May 31, 2012, 01:47:51 pm »

Note: I cannot imagine anything by that, because i live in a country where we apply the much more logical metric system. (belgium, to be specific)
155cm and 98kg.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47427 on: May 31, 2012, 01:53:33 pm »

Thanks.
But i'm physically weak, so there's not any way i could easily take him on. I barely got a edge on my best friend because i'm longer and thus i can run slightly faster. (very slightly)
And no, training is not an option.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47428 on: May 31, 2012, 01:55:33 pm »

Belgium would be a long way to go for me to teach someone to kickbox. Hmm...:/

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47429 on: May 31, 2012, 02:00:02 pm »

Belgium is awesome. If you have a plan to move there, do it.

Pages: 1 ... 3160 3161 [3162] 3163 3164 ... 8167