Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3122 3123 [3124] 3125 3126 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427747 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46845 on: May 16, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »

Fort just crashed from dragonfire spreading too much. That was a pretty epic fight and I only lost half my military. I was super proud, but oh well.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #46846 on: May 16, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »

Oh, TED   :[
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46847 on: May 17, 2012, 01:59:25 am »

There's a 15 minute short film called "Why Does God Hate Me" about a gay boy growing up in a heavily religious family/school/state.  I saw the trailer, now I desperately need to see it.  I can't find a steam of that movie anywhere :( :( :(

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46848 on: May 17, 2012, 02:28:10 am »

I'm having a bad case of Intrusive Thoughts, and all day I've just been thinking of the most fucking disgusting things fucking possible and I can't stop. No matter how hard I try. It's gotten to the point where I just want to beat myself till I'm unconscious or braindead, cause this shit can't keep going on.
Oh man, where to start.

I've been severely depressed for at least a week and a half.  Sleeping for 13 hours, not getting out of bed.  I can't find a cure either.  There are things I bother myself with to forget but...forget what?  What could I possibly be trying to forget here?  My life?  It may not be what you're saying here now but I have seen it from you before.  The depressive stuff along with raised anxiety.  It's truly tragic I think.  For myself I know I have to involve myself with things.  I can not be controlled by the demotivation I find myself pitting against.

I really do find myself cursing anything and everything around me.  The cat always wants to come in and out, all the cabinets and doors and floors in the house squeak horribly so I can't hide my presence, my sick fantasies bring me pleasure, my new bed squeaks terribly too I can't hide, pictures and stuff put on the walls mysteriously disappear (they get broken in domestic disputes), white plaster miraculously appeared on the bathroom wall (somebody bore a hole during a domestic dispute), everyday I hear the incessant coughing of my smoke-happy guardian, I hear everything and die slowly, because my bed in a room I do not own is right beside the garage I can hear everything, they started rolling cigarettes to save money to kill themselves so I hear the monstrous machine everyday, rolling, my Mom says she's miserable and wants to kill herself.  Kill herself.  My Step-Dad said go ahead.  I love my family.  I don't care about anybody but my brother...

Outside of the house I need to call my sister.  I have to call my sister.  It's the right thing to do.  My Dad can't because he has a restraining order.  I can't do anything...I'm weak.  I came home Monday and it's Wednesday night and I still haven't.  I don't want to call my sister I don't want to call my sister my sister my sister.  But I have to, probably this weekend.  Otherwise I'm WRONG WRONG wrong.  It doesn't matter.  I can't help myself from stiffing laughter when my parents fight.  That's normal right?

Why can't I find recess in peaceful serenity?  Why is it always tragic calamities?  I don't get it.  I don't understand.

The front door is broken.  I like it better this way.  I can move freely in and out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46849 on: May 17, 2012, 02:29:25 am »

There's a 15 minute short film called "Why Does God Hate Me" about a gay boy growing up in a heavily religious family/school/state.  I saw the trailer, now I desperately need to see it.  I can't find a steam of that movie anywhere :( :( :(
The only trailer I saw for that was on IMDB and didn't work, so I have no idea what you're talking about!

Edit: That... was depressing to read, Toony.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:39:29 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46850 on: May 17, 2012, 04:18:38 am »

Toony, that sounds cathartic to read.

All I can tell you is that only you know what is right. If your brother and you are good, and the rest of your family you couldn't care less about, then live with your brother.

It sounds like a fairly toxic environment to live in, and even reading that makes me worry and feel for you.

Don't give up, bro.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #46851 on: May 17, 2012, 08:21:26 am »

What are the chances of you moving out of the house, finding a flat to live in with a friend? That's the best I can think of...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46852 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:39 am »

Sandwich shop down the street got robbed at gunpoint last night. It's run by a nice Lebanese family, they don't need that shit.
Thankfully, no one was hurt and they didn't lose that much money, but still.... >:(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #46853 on: May 17, 2012, 11:27:23 am »

Sandwich shop down the street got robbed at gunpoint last night. It's run by a nice Lebanese family, they don't need that shit.
Thankfully, no one was hurt and they didn't lose that much money, but still.... >:(

Sounds like your town needs a Batman.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46854 on: May 17, 2012, 11:38:11 am »

Only if they had been robbed by people dressed as clowns.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46855 on: May 17, 2012, 01:58:21 pm »

Only if they had been robbed by people dressed as clowns.
The UK needs a batman.

Swanman. Let no arms be unbroken.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46856 on: May 17, 2012, 02:07:14 pm »

Swanman vs the Queen
Not even God will save you now

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46857 on: May 17, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »

Playing DayZ mod for Arma2 today.

Spawned on the beach, rght next to another guy with a similar nickname. we decide to team up, loot a couple towns, kill a few bandits. We had made our way to kamenka when we encountered a small bandit group and got into a firefight. we cleaned up the bandits but ran into a problem.

we had alerted the horde of zombies in the town, and were nearly out of ammo. we made a run for a nearby house intending to hide when he stops, and tells me to just keep running. he popped up as having been killed by zombies a bit later, and disconnected from the server after that
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #46858 on: May 17, 2012, 02:46:06 pm »

*rises from bed, picks tablet*

Owwww!
The bright, it hurts our eyessssss!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46859 on: May 17, 2012, 05:13:41 pm »

Oh, TED   :[
I got up to the point where they believed taxing the rich more was too controversial before closing it.
I'd want to watch the talk before jumping to conclusions (not like I can...). For all we know, he was bashing specific politicians or something, which WOULD be political.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3122 3123 [3124] 3125 3126 ... 8167