Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431541 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46755 on: May 14, 2012, 07:42:58 pm »

I just wrote a greentext story on 4chan involving Fluttershy being insane.

And I realized what I had done after I read it.

I feel so dirty;_;

there there. we have all been curios about R34. and then horrified by it
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #46756 on: May 14, 2012, 07:57:15 pm »

My sister*, who I've been supporting financially for the last several years, just had her power go off due to nonpayment.  She's terrible at managing her finances, her girlfriend isn't much better, and they are both on medical disability but not yet on social security so they can't work but also aren't getting any money.

Believe me, if I wrote down everything she has wrong with her, you'd barely believe it could all happen to one person (let alone one who's still alive).  She deserves the social security if anyone does, but the system moves so very slow.

And...my job contract ended early due to the project coming to a close.  I moved in with my fiancee on the expectation that it would actually be a year contract like it said.  I probably won't get paid this much again, and if I have even a little delay between jobs, I can't pay the rent for both myself and my sister.  I budgeted enough to keep her going after the start of next month, before she completely blew off her utilities again.

She's going to be homeless after next month, and will probably end up couchsurfing.  I can't put her up at my place, there's no other family to take care of her either.  I have no idea what will happen with her three cats that she loves more than life itself.  (If you think that three cats is excessive for someone with no income, see second paragraph and consider her tenuous sanity.)

I'd told her I could support her until her lease ran out this time, and no longer.  That's in December and I couldn't even make it that far.  The last three years of taking care of her have left me so dead broke that I can't even do that.  I've got like three different collections agencies coming after me right now because of my own medical debt.

Just wish I could take care of her better.  But more than anything else, I'm just tired.  I want to have a savings again.  While I'm taking care of her, I can't do anything for my own future.

*not biological sister, but close enough

EDIT:  Oh yeah, and the dentist gave me what is turning out to be a week's supply of painkillers for the two week wait before I see him next.  This is three-vicodin-a-day pain.  If I had this anywhere else in my body, I'd be tempted to take time off...but 1) I'd feel stupid taking sick days for dental work, and 2) I don't get sick days.  Next week is going to suck.

I know the feeling very much. Everyone in my family is ill, mentally or physically (most of them both). And I am the only one with a decent job. I've been broke, dead broke taking care of family and barely recovered before the next crisis ensued. Even now I just took on over a hundred thousand dollars in debt on a mortgage so I could take my diabetic mother with a broken neck, my step father with a bad back and brain damage and my apparently unemployable shut in sister. Even though I can only be sure the project I am on will last about 3 years.

I also have dental work I have needed to have done, but I have been putting it off until I felt more financially stable. I don't think that will ever happen now.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46757 on: May 14, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

And apparently my greentext story got some compliments and people want more. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'll probably right more and just feel some guilty pleasure :3

But damn that guilt. But on the other hand the satisfaction of getting compliments on writing...

D:

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46758 on: May 14, 2012, 08:38:02 pm »

My sister*, who I've been supporting financially for the last several years, just had her power go off due to nonpayment.  She's terrible at managing her finances, her girlfriend isn't much better, and they are both on medical disability but not yet on social security so they can't work but also aren't getting any money.

Believe me, if I wrote down everything she has wrong with her, you'd barely believe it could all happen to one person (let alone one who's still alive).  She deserves the social security if anyone does, but the system moves so very slow.

And...my job contract ended early due to the project coming to a close.  I moved in with my fiancee on the expectation that it would actually be a year contract like it said.  I probably won't get paid this much again, and if I have even a little delay between jobs, I can't pay the rent for both myself and my sister.  I budgeted enough to keep her going after the start of next month, before she completely blew off her utilities again.

She's going to be homeless after next month, and will probably end up couchsurfing.  I can't put her up at my place, there's no other family to take care of her either.  I have no idea what will happen with her three cats that she loves more than life itself.  (If you think that three cats is excessive for someone with no income, see second paragraph and consider her tenuous sanity.)

I'd told her I could support her until her lease ran out this time, and no longer.  That's in December and I couldn't even make it that far.  The last three years of taking care of her have left me so dead broke that I can't even do that.  I've got like three different collections agencies coming after me right now because of my own medical debt.

Just wish I could take care of her better.  But more than anything else, I'm just tired.  I want to have a savings again.  While I'm taking care of her, I can't do anything for my own future.

*not biological sister, but close enough

EDIT:  Oh yeah, and the dentist gave me what is turning out to be a week's supply of painkillers for the two week wait before I see him next.  This is three-vicodin-a-day pain.  If I had this anywhere else in my body, I'd be tempted to take time off...but 1) I'd feel stupid taking sick days for dental work, and 2) I don't get sick days.  Next week is going to suck.

I know the feeling very much. Everyone in my family is ill, mentally or physically (most of them both). And I am the only one with a decent job. I've been broke, dead broke taking care of family and barely recovered before the next crisis ensued. Even now I just took on over a hundred thousand dollars in debt on a mortgage so I could take my diabetic mother with a broken neck, my step father with a bad back and brain damage and my apparently unemployable shut in sister. Even though I can only be sure the project I am on will last about 3 years.

I also have dental work I have needed to have done, but I have been putting it off until I felt more financially stable. I don't think that will ever happen now.

Nadaka:
St Andrew Community Medical Center Inc
http://www.freedentalcare.us/li/fl-st-andrew-community-medical-center-inc
Showed up when I googled around for a free dental care....

I don't know if that will help but hopefully it will. Hopefully there might be some kind of free help available from schools with dental students in need of experience. I'm afraid that's the best help I can offer.

Sowelu
For whatever it's worth, that's a legitimately bad situation. I'm sorry. We treat people who are disabled badly in this country....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:43:23 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46759 on: May 14, 2012, 11:25:08 pm »

So, I'm sad. Therapist called while I was showering to get ready to say that she had reschedule for Wednesday. I should have been annoyed, but for some reason this just really made me sad.

It's also my mother's birthday today, but I didn't get her anything, kind of on purpose.

I also just realized I've spent the last half hour staring at the wall feeling empty.

What's wrong with me, and how do I fix it?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #46760 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:45 pm »

First things first, amigo. Go get your mom a late birthday present and send/give it to her. I'm willing to bet it'll make you feel better, even if you're justified in not doing so.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46761 on: May 15, 2012, 03:45:11 am »

I left my watch in the sun for 15 minutes. (it has a builtin thermometer).

50c

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #46762 on: May 15, 2012, 05:22:41 am »

My backpack fell of chair and my old DS that was in it took some damage (And it was in protective carrying bag inside the backpack) and its right hinge blew apart. Now its just one careless open away from having the cords going to the upper screen break. Time probably has weakened the hinges and the fall was too much, even with the bag protecting it.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46763 on: May 15, 2012, 05:24:18 am »

I left my watch in the sun for 15 minutes. (it has a builtin thermometer).

50c

The sun is known for it's heat ... >.>
I wonder if using a glass covering would help much: it should theoretically block the infrared rays.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46764 on: May 15, 2012, 05:31:28 am »

You know that feeling when you open the oven to check on a pizza, and there's that blast of heat in your face?

Yeah, that's opening my front door.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46765 on: May 15, 2012, 05:43:59 am »

India and Australia are pretty much the same...

During Black Saturday we had 46 +/-3C. In suburbs intensely affected it was ~50C.

My suburb got to 48.8C. I had to drink electrolytic solutions constantly to keep hydrated (I dehydrate very quickly) and our power went out because of all the cooling everyone tried to do.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46766 on: May 15, 2012, 05:45:39 am »

Eeeyyyup.

Pretty much.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46767 on: May 15, 2012, 06:06:42 am »

During Black Saturday we had 46 +/-3C. In suburbs intensely affected it was ~50C.

My suburb got to 48.8C. I had to drink electrolytic solutions constantly to keep hydrated (I dehydrate very quickly) and our power went out because of all the cooling everyone tried to do.

Wat.

Yannanth

« Reply #46768 on: May 15, 2012, 06:11:50 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:03:03 pm by Yannanth »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46769 on: May 15, 2012, 06:16:30 am »

Wat.

Temperature wise.

Weather wise too, if we're talking tropical Australia (Darwin, northern Queensland, etc).
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 8167