Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3113 3114 [3115] 3116 3117 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437219 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46710 on: May 12, 2012, 08:47:10 pm »

I was threatened with a knife and called a faggot today. Hooray.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46711 on: May 12, 2012, 08:50:44 pm »

More info? Sounds like an anti-boring story.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46712 on: May 12, 2012, 08:50:56 pm »

Huh. That's a legitimate reason to be sad. Why was the knife pulled?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46713 on: May 12, 2012, 08:54:09 pm »

Huh. That's a legitimate reason to be sad. Why was the knife pulled?
Because the guy called me a faggot and threatened to cut off my hair. Also, stab me. Apparently, long hair enrages homophobic rednecks.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46714 on: May 12, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »

If long hair looks even mildly feminine in the south, you can get loads of weird looks at the least. I've found out that much from personal experience, but I've never been in a knife pull situation because of something like long hair.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46715 on: May 12, 2012, 08:57:38 pm »

To be honest, he probably wasn't going to stab me with it. Still fucking ridiculous though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46716 on: May 12, 2012, 08:58:50 pm »

Apparently, long hair enrages homophobic rednecks.
Like Young Mitt Romney.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46717 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:37 pm »

Today I learned the hard way that apparently italian cream cake has shredded coconut in it.

Shredded coconut tastes absolutely vile to me, and the texture does not freaking help. Also loves to get in my teeth and not go away. I do not like shredded coconut.

The cake looks absolutely delicious, too, and the rest of it is mouthwatering, but the bloody coconut filth ruins the entire taste.

Sad now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46718 on: May 12, 2012, 11:52:00 pm »

Got into a fight with my elder brother. It started with an excruciatingly painful testicular strike, and ended up with me somehow being in the wrong and him claiming I'm not his brother anymore. And some suicide threats. I should also mention it's Mother's Day over here, and Mum is also here, therefore ruining every-fucking-thing today.

I'm not really sure if I should just ignore his suicide threats, I mean he does it all the time, but he might actually do it (removing the 'threat' part of 'suicide threat') this time.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46719 on: May 13, 2012, 12:01:35 am »

Sounds like the dude needs therapy. Seriously, that sort of stuff isn't to be taken lightly.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46720 on: May 13, 2012, 06:01:47 am »

I'm caught juggling four consolation attempts.

Friend one, former gf has come out as gay. She's horribly conflicted over it and needs me to make her feel better by my wise logic.

Friend two, an old friend from highschool, is having serious issues with depression, bulimia and heart problems to boot. She feels unloved and ugly, and as someone who has also struggled through depression I am the best choice for her to talk to. I have agreed to come walking with her around the neighbourhood on the proviso that she stops purging.

Friend three, a girl I've known a long time, originally a sibling of a friend, but seems to have some kind of image issue. She's getting angry because me, and another close friend of hers are commenting on the fact that she's perfectly fine as is and she doesn't need to get rid of her 'fat arse' before her catwalk...

Friend four, a guy I have known roughly two years, is depressed, and also is asexual/gender dyswhatever it's calledia. He refers to himself by an asexual name and is maudlin constantly. As someone who thought / feared he was asexual at one stage, and having being depressed, again I am the best confidante.

I know I'm a nice guy, but seriously people, can you space out your issues so I don't get slammed by them all in the space of four hours!?
It's exhausting trying to convince them that yes they look fine and no it's not a good idea to purge and yes i will help you but no I won't cover this up, but yes I have been through some of this but no it's not a good idea to be suicidal but yes a psych is a good idea but no, don't avoid them because of the chance of the psych ward...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46721 on: May 13, 2012, 06:08:18 am »

* Japa reccommends http://youtu.be/VMnjF1O4eH0 for friend 3 :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46722 on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:57 am »

Thing making me sad this week (and previous) is the only guy in my class that i could get along with a bit has turned into a complete untolerant dick for some reason.
I dont really even try to talk to him anymore, that usually results in him raging on me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46723 on: May 13, 2012, 12:58:07 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46724 on: May 13, 2012, 03:05:14 pm »

People (particularly relatives) won't leave me alone because the pictures on my Facebook from a school trip to an amusement park yesterday are all with females. Particularly the group picture with me and six other girls.

Wah, I just want to hang out with the people that are my friends.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 3113 3114 [3115] 3116 3117 ... 8167