Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437166 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46695 on: May 12, 2012, 04:03:19 am »

The dust gets hurt, but doesn't mind. Turns out when you're sitting there for what amounts to aeons, you end up a little kinky. It helps that the world is basically a rolling slurry of dust orgies, all day erry day.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:13:23 am by Heliman »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #46696 on: May 12, 2012, 05:49:58 am »

Youtube videos refuses to load in Opera.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46697 on: May 12, 2012, 07:22:58 am »

I missed vector again.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46698 on: May 12, 2012, 11:49:23 am »

I missed vector again.

You didn't miss me--I'm still here.  I just logged off after an hour and went to play Risk =)

(Spoilers: I totally lost)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46699 on: May 12, 2012, 11:59:43 am »

Hi Vector!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46700 on: May 12, 2012, 12:48:32 pm »

I've been making my way through this box of yummy chocolates for the past week or so. Last night I went to grab one and found two of the empty chocolate spots occupied by a pair of Dermestes lardarius sitting on their backs waving their legs in the air.

They're cool beetles and all but I ended up throwing out the rest of the chocolates because there's a chance they already layed eggs on them... :(

(I let the beetles free outside).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46701 on: May 12, 2012, 01:08:51 pm »

I missed vector again.

You didn't miss me--I'm still here.  I just logged off after an hour and went to play Risk =)

(Spoilers: I totally lost)
How goes your journey? :D

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46702 on: May 12, 2012, 02:06:12 pm »

I caved in and got itunes after the only real rock station on the radio decided to talk to much again.    When I tune into a radio station and hear maybe 1 song play through an entire 40 minute drive something is horribly wrong.

So I figured, "you know I have the Iphone my boss gave me to keep in contact during housecalls, I bet I can load my music on that"  So I get home and start playing with it.  And it seems like all things apple, they require you to use itunes to do anything with it.  Because they are assholes like that.  I like my winamp dammit.

After spending a few hours trying to find alternatives to let me put music on my phone without itunes, and without jailbreaking (it is still technically my boss' phone.  Doubt he would care, but I don't wanna do it without permission),  I learned how to extract files from a .exe, without actually installing the exe, (in this case, itunes setup) came across a plugin for winamp that looked very promising but apperantly does not work with iphone 3Gs, a program called sharepod that looked promising but only seems to be for copying from a iphone, and cannot copy TO an iphone.

I eventually just said to myself 'screw it' and installed itunes.  Damn apple.  Why require me to use your clunky ass program to do what should just be a matter of copy and pasting a mp3 into a folder?  Oh, awesome, you installed something called bonjour and a memory resident 'helper' in the background too without asking.

And guess what?  My friend uses my computer to charge their Ipod shuffle!  If my previous experiences with itunes proves true, they will no longer be able to do that without their shuffle getting wiped and their music replaced by mine!

Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, but god I hate itunes.

EDIT: Oh hey, Vector's back?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46703 on: May 12, 2012, 02:13:04 pm »

And guess what?  My friend uses my computer to charge their Ipod shuffle!  If my previous experiences with itunes proves true, they will no longer be able to do that without their shuffle getting wiped and their music replaced by mine!

The rest of the post is right, but this bit is (thankfully) wrong. It'll prompt you before wiping theirs and replacing the music. Actually, depending on the settings of their ipod, I think they might be able to disable other computers doing anything to it period.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46704 on: May 12, 2012, 02:15:47 pm »

Life has made me sad. Again.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46705 on: May 12, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »

The rest of the post is right, but this bit is (thankfully) wrong. It'll prompt you before wiping theirs and replacing the music. Actually, depending on the settings of their ipod, I think they might be able to disable other computers doing anything to it period.
Good.  Last time I used itunes was years ago.  Family got eachother ipods, but there was only one family computer.  They all autosynced over eachother's music, seemingly regardless of settings.

I think my father's ipod still has some final fantasy soundtracks on it to this day.  It was a major clusterfudge.   Good to hear that won't happen again.   I think I found a new checkbox in options too that prevents autosync regardless of device settings too, which gives hope that they listened to complaints.

...still like my winamp better, but I suppose I'll let it live in it's little corner of my hard drive, after I kill the helper out of startup registry.

@DarkWolfXV That line next to your avatar scares me a little.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:25:12 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46706 on: May 12, 2012, 02:46:51 pm »

@Greiger Why?
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46707 on: May 12, 2012, 02:53:57 pm »

I don't know. I think I just imagine the penguin saying that. In casual conversation while holding a bloody axe with a blood pentagram behind him.

Makes me think he's going to go on a murderous rampage against all life.

...sorry life makes you sad though.   It just happens now and then I guess.  And then something happy happens and it gets posted in the happy thread!  :D    Works out to about even maybe?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #46708 on: May 12, 2012, 05:57:22 pm »

Ok, so my weekend-party group has failed me again by being ambiguous about where they are going and when they're going there, while I waited for word on the meeting place.

Regardless of whether it was deliberate (as in, deliberatedly sidelining me) or just a byproduct of thoughtlessness, I think I'll skip calling on these people in the future, as I obviously cannot rely on them for this purpose.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46709 on: May 12, 2012, 08:00:16 pm »

-snip-

Actually, it's much more complicated than plopping a MP3 file. For starters, the iPhone has a lot of system files compared to a cheaper, dedicated MP3 player. Second, I think iPhones have an index of convulted M4A files, and iTune converts and stores the files. >.>

I wish iTunes started up faster, didn't insist on backing up the whole thing which it did like 5 seconds ago, and was more tolerant to non-Quicktime movie files.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 ... 8167