Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3101 3102 [3103] 3104 3105 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9445400 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46530 on: May 08, 2012, 11:18:31 am »

Maurice Sendak died.  :(
:(

I've got a where the wild things are tshirt I've been wearing semi-regularly for like, six or seven years now. Not really sure what else the fellow's done, but I did like that book when I was a wee sprog.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46531 on: May 08, 2012, 11:43:30 am »

im still listening to Beastie Boys after what i heard about Adam Yauch
WTF?? How did I not hear about that?? Damn, y'all.... :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46532 on: May 08, 2012, 12:45:52 pm »

My CCNA certification is going to expire.

I didn't use it much.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #46533 on: May 08, 2012, 01:24:31 pm »

im still listening to Beastie Boys after what i heard about Adam Yauch
WTF?? How did I not hear about that?? Damn, y'all.... :(

You have to fight for your right to party.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46534 on: May 08, 2012, 03:02:42 pm »

Never go to law school. Some rich people are useless and they like it that way.

All that book keeping and de facto property management I've been doing on a massive estate for a rich person who died, is going south quick.

Industrial street with rental property all around it.... Worth Millions. Throws off tens of thousands of dollars in rental income a month. I've been accounting/managing for the whole thing, despite other people screwing with the records etc. Moreover, I've been handling the money for the personal estate for the widow, etc. It's been a massive undertaking. The old rich guy, who I sorta respected because he worked at it, used to do it but you see, he's dead. So....

Somebody needs to manage this damn property, or it falls apart. Now, "nobody" does it, in actuality. Hello, my name is "nobody." In make "believe bullshit land," the heirs do it. Welcome to "make believe bullshit land." That is to say, the heirs "manage" the property in name only while doing no work.

The heirs' idea of "managing" the property is to call up and complain to the firm, which means me.

The heirs get all the money, titles, credit, and authority that goes with managing this prestigious property.
I do all the work, get yelled at for it and have 0 recognition or record of it with embarrassingly low pay.

So, "Am I managing and doing the finances for an entire industrial/commercial street of properties worth several million dollars?" Yes. Is there any record of me doing so (except for all the financial records having been done by me on my computer). Hell no. Instead. The heirs will get credit for this. If I were to put it on a job application and someone looked into it, they wouldn't see my name or any trace of me, but I'm the one who did everything and had to listen to the "managers" (heirs) who did exactly nothing but complain to remind me they are in charge..... They don't feel like doing anything except complainin' and takin' their money.... They do take the money....

Forgetting the lack of cash aspect of it (which let's face it is hard) for a second, I'd at least like the credit or some kind of recognition for doing it. Not gonna happen though. I mean really, if I did put this on my resume' how would anyone even find a trace of it? It isn't like they can see the records I composed on my computer while looking at my resume' in a stack of resumes....

[sigh] I did this all Saturday night. The heirs or "managers" got drunk and told me about it on Monday....  ::)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #46535 on: May 08, 2012, 03:06:23 pm »

Best friend finally gets around to talking to me after two years or so of silence. And... Being quiet out of feeling like a liability? What?

My god he has absolutely never been so wrong before and I don't know if he's even gonna listen. How is someone a liability when you've spent all but a few angry moments the past 2 years wishing things didn't end up like they did and he'd just be back?

God dammit.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46536 on: May 08, 2012, 03:12:43 pm »

I've hung up on my mother again. It's been happening more and more lately, I like her calling every couple of days for a small chat, but more often then not it ends up with her doing nothing but agitating me with 'motivation' and comparisons to my friends. And it's not like I haven't told her this, the first time I hung up with her mid sentence was me trying to tell her how making vague threats about my future life as a failure is not motivation of any sort.

Worse yet I feel like a complete and utter shit after doing it all the while knowing that I'd be raging my ass off if I didn't :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46537 on: May 08, 2012, 03:18:33 pm »

Spent the last week in crunch mode, missed my mum's birthday, had the launch date pushed back a month! I missed my Mom's birthday for nothing!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:22:27 pm by GlyphGryph »

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46538 on: May 08, 2012, 03:20:03 pm »

My sink is broke...again, I thought I had that thing fixed.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46539 on: May 08, 2012, 03:20:19 pm »

Truean, I can't help but now picture you as Waylon Smithers: the real operational brains of the operation, forever doomed to being unrecognized. (though hopefully without a weird lust for evil octogenarian tycoons)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #46540 on: May 08, 2012, 03:50:15 pm »

Also - I don't see any mention of the pinky there - That's the other main problem for me, as I just can't get it to drop at the same time as the other fingers. Are you just hitting both the D and G string with the ring instead, or what?
Nah, when I know I have to switch from a C to a Bm shape I just keep my pinky and ring tight together on the C and place them at the same time when I switch to the Bm. Since the pinky naturally follows whatever the ring does, I just use that to my advantage.

As for the sliding thing, yeah, the placement gets off scale, that's just something that comes with practice as you learn how much the frets shrink. Sometimes I'll slide down the neck using a shape and I think that's helped me learn the differences in size.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46541 on: May 08, 2012, 04:27:19 pm »

Truean, I can't help but now picture you as Waylon Smithers: the real operational brains of the operation, forever doomed to being unrecognized. (though hopefully without a weird lust for evil octogenarian tycoons)

No lust for the Mr. Burns types, but sure otherwise. Smithers had better taste in men's shoes and didn't like dresses, but yeah. Also no doll collection here. Also, he took nearly everything  with a grain of salt and never even thought of complaining except when his boss did something so horrible a baby shot him. :P
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:29:18 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46542 on: May 08, 2012, 04:30:49 pm »

Since the pinky naturally follows whatever the ring does, I just use that to my advantage.

Wait what. That's a thing? I mean, my middle and ring follow each other to a tee, that's hard to break, but the pinky? Really?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46543 on: May 08, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »

Since the pinky naturally follows whatever the ring does, I just use that to my advantage.

Wait what. That's a thing? I mean, my middle and ring follow each other to a tee, that's hard to break, but the pinky? Really?
Moderately true over here, too.

Of course, I suck at guitar.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46544 on: May 08, 2012, 04:46:29 pm »

I apparently lost all my musical ability. Now I can't write OR play.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 3101 3102 [3103] 3104 3105 ... 8167