Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3098 3099 [3100] 3101 3102 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447356 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46485 on: May 07, 2012, 04:46:10 pm »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46486 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »

Go to the gay bar.
+1

Eh, not everyone's scene. Been once or twice. Not impressed.  He's right, it's a pain in the ass finding someone who is both decent and gay and likes the type of gay you are. There are subsets and each person can like a different subset. So even if you like the their type, they might not like yours. That's assuming you can recognize them as gay, etc.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #46487 on: May 07, 2012, 04:53:19 pm »

If it makes you feel better, it can also be really damn hard to find someone as a strait dude.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46488 on: May 07, 2012, 04:54:09 pm »

Basically it's hard to find people period :P At least for serious relationships.

People spend a decade or more looking!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #46489 on: May 07, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »

On a related note: I can never spell straight correctly. I don't know why.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46490 on: May 07, 2012, 04:57:10 pm »

Eh, not everyone's scene. Been once or twice. Not impressed.
Eh, its a place to meet people with similar interests and intents. It doesn't make it easier than it does for a straight person, and trust me, its not exactly easy for most straight people (unless you're willing to put in the time to become a scene fixture, in which case it seems to get super easy). But if, as was his stated goal, you are simply looking to "get some", you really can't do all that much better! :P

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46491 on: May 07, 2012, 04:57:55 pm »

If it makes you feel better, it can also be really damn hard to find someone as a strait dude.

Basically it's hard to find people period :P At least for serious relationships.

People spend a decade or more looking!

Eh, unfortunately true.  People don't realize the subsets of people and all the mismatches.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46492 on: May 07, 2012, 04:58:53 pm »

Its definitely easier for some than others, depending on what you're like and you're looking for, no matter the orientation.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46493 on: May 07, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »

Are gay bars really that great?  I've never been, way too nervous I guess.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46494 on: May 07, 2012, 05:06:02 pm »

The one near where I used to live was really good. Maybe a bit too good, actually, since it ended up being half gay/half straight most of the time.

But you know, it was a chill place, cheap drinks, decent sounds. And a higher than average chance of scoring with someone of the same gender. Not too shabby at all.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46495 on: May 07, 2012, 05:10:54 pm »

I debated whether to inject humour by saying "I cannot get some, woe is me!"

I'm not all that interested in one-night stands. Relationships, friends-with-benefits, sure. But no "hit it and quit it" kind of thing.

I MIGHT try a gay bar once I'm 19 and legal all around, but until them I'm out of luck. Plus, pretty sure most (not all, but most) gay gatherings like gay bars and such are pretty much just for one-night stands. Which makes me sad.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46496 on: May 07, 2012, 05:22:51 pm »

I debated whether to inject humour by saying "I cannot get some, woe is me!"

I'm not all that interested in one-night stands. Relationships, friends-with-benefits, sure. But no "hit it and quit it" kind of thing.

I MIGHT try a gay bar once I'm 19 and legal all around, but until them I'm out of luck. Plus, pretty sure most (not all, but most) gay gatherings like gay bars and such are pretty much just for one-night stands. Which makes me sad.
To be fair, that's really no different from any other bar.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46497 on: May 07, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »

My wireless mouse just kicked the bucket. I guess that means that I can't really play any of the games that I usually do until I can get a new one, which isn't that bad. What sucks is that now I can't really play the games I usually do for my let's plays.

Welp, I guess it's time to start a Survival Crisis Z let's play!

Yannanth

« Reply #46498 on: May 07, 2012, 06:53:16 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:15:25 pm by Yannanth »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46499 on: May 07, 2012, 06:55:02 pm »

Welp, I guess it's time to start a Survival Crisis Z let's play!
Am I the only one here who's never had any fun at all with that game?

I always found the controls pretty terrible, not to mention the failure of a camera that went along with them. The main turn-off for me is the general pace of the game, which I perceived as very slow. I know it's meant to make things scary, but there is little that can be passed off as scary with those types of graphics.
Playing chapter 3 on hardcore mode can get pretty frantic. It makes every trip outside a near death experience.

Also yes the controls fucking suck. And there is a large amount of surreal+body horror to be had later on, even though the graphics sort of tone it down.
Pages: 1 ... 3098 3099 [3100] 3101 3102 ... 8167