Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3084 3085 [3086] 3087 3088 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466481 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46275 on: May 01, 2012, 02:02:20 pm »

Hey now, that douchey language was unnecessary.  There probably are shelters though, and they might be a good bet, especially if he is so friendly.  Ask around to see if you can find no-euthanization ones.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46276 on: May 01, 2012, 02:04:41 pm »

Hey now, that douchey language was unnecessary.  There probably are shelters though, and they might be a good bet, especially if he is so friendly.  Ask around to see if you can find no-euthanization ones.

My apologies for any unintended douchey language. I for one hope that the lil Garfield finds a new home.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46277 on: May 01, 2012, 02:08:13 pm »

It's sad that my dog mauled a squirrel and left it with broken legs just the other day. It was a sad sight, but I'm not mad at her, Chia (my dog) should atleast know how to take down small animals.

I wonder if it survived after I held Chia back and let it crawl to safety.

In other news, I finally overcame my fear of getting out to the world and actually use my new car to drive around. I completely missed the place I wanted to go, got lost, went to another part of town I didn't want to touch, and then had to take the most roundabout way to get back home I could possibly conceive. I accomplished all of nothing today because of just how much of a cowardly driver I am.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46278 on: May 01, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

So basically, the Justice League writing is good, but the story-boarding is terrible?:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46279 on: May 01, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »

So basically, the Justice League writing is good, but the story-boarding is terrible?:
I guess? I'm not sure how production works exactly in that department :X

I got nothing against wacky silly stuff like gorilla cities. I'm watching people dress up in costumes and beat up people with magical powers, after all. It's just that breaks from reality need proper explanation and coincidences need proper justification else it all feels contrived and silly. Justice League doesn't bother with all that half the time, and more often just fills the screen with fight after fight after fight. It's almost like a shonen anime.

EDIT: I should note that I've only watched the first season and the first few episodes of the second. There are 5 seasons total, so they've got a lot of room to grow and very well may have.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:26:25 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46280 on: May 01, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »

One of my friends is an absolute bastard and I sincerely hope he never gets out of prison.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46281 on: May 01, 2012, 02:35:21 pm »

One of my friends is an absolute bastard and I sincerely hope he never gets out of prison.

so he's no longer a friend, I guess... (if this seems insensitive, blame my social awkwardness)
Yeah. He's not.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Yannanth

« Reply #46282 on: May 01, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:27:09 pm by Yannanth »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46283 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »

Well, you guys are fans of MyLittlePony so I don't think you can really comment on quality... just kidding.

Maybe one day I'll post a rant on the reasons for the success of MyLittlePony: Money is Magic that I have identified. It's just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I've just about figured out why that series has been so wildly successful with audiences well outside its target market (little girls). Then it will hit you and you'll probably stop being a fanboy.

I would read this.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46284 on: May 01, 2012, 05:29:17 pm »

Well, you guys are fans of MyLittlePony so I don't think you can really comment on quality... just kidding.

Maybe one day I'll post a rant on the reasons for the success of MyLittlePony: Money is Magic that I have identified. It's just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I've just about figured out why that series has been so wildly successful with audiences well outside its target market (little girls). Then it will hit you and you'll probably stop being a fanboy.

Deconstructing the reasons I like things typically doesn't make me less happy, but the thought that someone would do something with the intention of that does make me sad. I just see it as "Hey you. You're having the wrong kind of fun. Here's why you mistakenly think this is fun. Stop having fun this way."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46285 on: May 01, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »

Will read. I have a couple of theories, but they don't revolve around the show being merchandise driven or anything. Should be interesting.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #46286 on: May 01, 2012, 05:45:06 pm »

All I'm saying is that maybe some of the fans already liked shows directed toward the target demographic. Really it just strikes me as the Western version of the moe phenomenon and personally it reminds me a lot of Aria, a cute show about friendship. Oh, and gondoliers on Mars.

I just don't get why people have such a visceral reaction to the whole thing. Yes, some of the fans can be highly annoying. That is neither the show's nor many of the fans' fault.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46287 on: May 01, 2012, 05:47:13 pm »

All I'm saying is that maybe some of the fans already liked shows directed toward the target demographic. Really it just strikes me as the Western version of the moe phenomenon and personally it reminds me a lot of Aria, a cute show about friendship. Oh, and gondoliers on Mars.

I just don't get why people have such a visceral reaction to the whole thing. Yes, some of the fans can be highly annoying. That is neither the show's nor many of the fans' fault.

As far as I know it's the first little girls' show that has been this popular, but shows targeted at little boys have been popular among older fans for quite a while now.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46288 on: May 01, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »

As far as I know it's the first little girls' show that has been this popular, but shows targeted at little boys have been popular among older fans for quite a while now.

I thought Powerpuff Girls had a decent adult fanbase as well; but I may be mistaken.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46289 on: May 01, 2012, 05:50:42 pm »

Huh. I was a little kid when that aired so I wasn't too far out of its target audience.

My friend claims Jem and the Holograms had a decent adult fanbase too, now that I think of it.
Pages: 1 ... 3084 3085 [3086] 3087 3088 ... 8167