Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465318 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46260 on: May 01, 2012, 05:06:38 am »

Omg they killed Tarquin!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46261 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:13 am »

I can't watch MD Geist because something something not for my country at YT :I
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46262 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:00 am »

The world feels so non-euclidean... what's wrong with me?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46263 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46:48 am »

I'm not sure how this is possible. Can you explain it better or are you in R'lyeh?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46264 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:55 am »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46265 on: May 01, 2012, 09:06:21 am »

I'm not sure how this is possible. Can you explain it better or are you in R'lyeh?

I'm having headaches that seem to alter my sense of depth perception. I need to go to sleep, but the hot weather surely isn't helping.

E: The plot thickens...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:56:50 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46266 on: May 01, 2012, 10:10:27 am »

Omg they killed Tarquin!
You had me worried!

His eyes didn't X X, he's still in the game.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46267 on: May 01, 2012, 10:14:02 am »

Excellent, it means that the transformation in your area of the world is going according to plan.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46268 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:57 pm »

There's a nice little orange cat who keeps coming around my house for food, who over time has looked increasingly dirty and skinny with every visit.. His ribs have started showing, in fact. I think he's started to camp out on my porch. Thing is, I don't know if his owners abandoned him after the flood or what.

...That, and my cat has a burning hatred for him that can only be quenched with his blood. (Which is not mutual, I may add. He appears to love everything.)

I don't know what to do, because I can't adopt him because I don't know if he's stray, and I don't want my cat to kill him as soon as we welcome him into the house...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46269 on: May 01, 2012, 12:38:43 pm »

That's a problem in general with ancient immortal characters.  It's not very realistic for them to actually develop in the course of the story.  They can still have tons of interesting history to reveal and stuff, but they should really be portrayed as a sort of force of nature within a setting, not as central characters.  Of course, you just have to forgive a lot of stuff like that when it comes to campy mainstream superheros.

Although, in Loki's case, assuming I'm remembering the story correctly, perhaps this is actually why he reacted the way he did to learning stuff about his personal history that had been hidden from him for so long.  I had trouble appreciating him, because his reactions to things just made him seem pathetically emotionally fragile.  I suppose it's somewhat more understandable that after having thousands of years to ridigly solidify his own persona, it could be shattered by personal revelations coupled with a drastic change in dynamic with his brother all at the same time.

I think the game Lost Odyssey is the only good example of this I've ever come across.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46270 on: May 01, 2012, 12:45:51 pm »

Omg they killed Tarquin!
You had me worried!

His eyes didn't X X, he's still in the game.
Yeah, Tarquin can't die without his big reveal. Also, him talking to Elan should've given it away.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46271 on: May 01, 2012, 12:53:31 pm »

When I first read that post I instantly thought of Grand Moff Tarquin because his non-deadness was so obvious that my brain refused to even bring up the possibility.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46272 on: May 01, 2012, 01:21:38 pm »

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46273 on: May 01, 2012, 01:48:31 pm »

There's a nice little orange cat who keeps coming around my house for food, who over time has looked increasingly dirty and skinny with every visit.. His ribs have started showing, in fact. I think he's started to camp out on my porch. Thing is, I don't know if his owners abandoned him after the flood or what.

...That, and my cat has a burning hatred for him that can only be quenched with his blood. (Which is not mutual, I may add. He appears to love everything.)

I don't know what to do, because I can't adopt him because I don't know if he's stray, and I don't want my cat to kill him as soon as we welcome him into the house...

Contact the authorities or a local animal welfare organization? Have them come and pick up the poor stray, it would still run the risk of getting euthanized but at least it won't die in the streets. Or just leave it to wither and die if you can live with it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46274 on: May 01, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »

\How can you not like justice league? It is literally the best thing to come out of DC in years.
I'll give a full rant when I finish it. On the bright side, what I've seen of the second season is definitely a step up. Less deus ex machina and they're actually doing some character development rather than assuming you already know everything about the characters and/or don't care.

The last episode I watched I sorta liked (Eclipsed). The possession artifact thingy was cool and Flash was hilarious. Went downhill when they revealed the Reptites... I mean, snake people precursors though. Reveals are supposed to give more answers than questions. Then the magical anti-fusion device was tossed into the sun and what was supposed to be an epic moment just made me raise my eyebrow.

Generally speaking, I like the dialog, but not the plots. There are some genuinely awesome lines in this show (such as the World of Cardboard speech I've heard so much about). The effect is somewhat diminished in my view though when they're fighting wacky nazis and funny looking space aliens.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 8167