Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3058 3059 [3060] 3061 3062 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451792 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45885 on: April 20, 2012, 04:19:52 pm »

I see a cat in a hat and a scarf.

I tend to base my impression of someone else by their avatar. I used to think fllqve (spelling?) was a woman for a long time because he had a picture of what I presumed to be a female.

e: As you may have already guessed, you are both ponies.
I imagine you as an eldritch abomination in a tophat and monocle.
I am most pleased! This made my day.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45886 on: April 20, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »

Good to know, I guess... I wasn't aware it could refer to anything else than transvestites, and there's quite the difference between them, after all.

Nooo, my compadres are all gone! One of them is in your Scandinavia, another has been lost to the Wilds of Vermont, the third has disappeared from the radar, and it may be months or years before I heard from him again, and the last is raging dick!

My illfated but hilarious roadtrip is dead in the water before it begins, as there's no way I can acquire enough new hilarious compadres in time!

Collecting your zany compadres must be part of the Adventure! You must befriend a group of stereotypical, weatherworn deep-sea-lobster fishing sailors and convince them to bring you to Denmark, where you will collect your compadre and find the world's first combined zeppelin/roller disco convention to fly back to the Deep American Woods. It will all climax at a great beech party in Miami and then you'll realise she only went for a ride around the block to calm herself. But the roller disco lessons will last a life time!
Love, scriver~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #45887 on: April 20, 2012, 09:02:53 pm »

I just think of Truean as Mulan.
You know, that's just what I was thinking as I was reading through that section of the thread.

Anyway, I took a Calc II test for three hours after school today. It was mildly hellish. I spent an hour and a half on a single trig substitution problem that took me about three pieces of scratch paper to finally solve. Apparently, the 'correct' method would have only taken about a quarter of the work, but I went off in an entirely different direction. On the plus side, though, I was the only person who got the question right. (Everyone else took the short way and did it wrong. I took the overly long and circuitous route and barely made it. My answer was equivalent, though in a slightly different form.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45888 on: April 20, 2012, 09:05:02 pm »

Locked my keys in my car. Had to pay a locksmith because I left it running like an idiot. Oh well.
let me guess, he pulled out a coat hanger or a slim jim?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #45889 on: April 20, 2012, 09:08:51 pm »

Locked my keys in my car. Had to pay a locksmith because I left it running like an idiot. Oh well.
let me guess, he pulled out a coat hanger or a slim jim?

*SMASH* reaches in, pulls out key, "That'll be $130"
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45890 on: April 20, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »

She's made it to Georgia and said she's good, she's just gonna stay there for a while, she doesn't want to drive anymore.

My attempts to find compadres at the bar failed, so there will be no zany adventure cause she's made it quite clear she wants me to finish up all the things SHE was supposed to do this weekend. :P

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45891 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:48 pm »

[This post is invalid now]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:09:47 am by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45892 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:08 pm »

So, there was this girl I used to have a big crush on a long time back, and to make a very long story short, due to personal, teenage, overemotional, drama I wound up harassing and emotionally abusing her in order to get rid of her... Yes, I know, I'm a wonderful person.

Later on down the line I'd make a few attempts to reconcile, but she's made it clear she doesn't want to talk to me, or see me, or have anything to do with me, or have any of her friends have anything to do with me, and I can't really blame her for it.

No big deal though, right? I just need to move on...
Except that's been something that's been rather hard to let go of, partly due to the lack of other friends, but also due to other issues... It got easier when I came off of adderall though. I think that particular medication was making me a lot more obsessive about the issue. Before I came off of it, it was something that used to constantly haunt the back of my mind and was physically painful to think about. These days, not so much, it doesn't really bother me, and I go long periods of time without even thinking about it.

Except my subconscious still hasn't let go of it... She's been showing up in my dreams sometimes, and a month ago I thought I saw her at the passport line at the airport, and a few weeks back when we were picking up a pizza, and in one of the checkout lines in the supermarket, and, most ridiculously, just today I thought I saw her in a internet video... this is getting ridiculous.
Every time I see her in a dream, or otherwise, it's enough to trigger a small panic attack, and it's really not helping me, it's making me more paranoid about going outside, because I worry I might run into her... It's stupid, and insane.

How do I stop myself from being so paranoid?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45893 on: April 20, 2012, 11:51:43 pm »

40c

I hate this. So damn much.

Or for you imperialists...

104f

* Japa swelters.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45894 on: April 21, 2012, 12:10:09 am »

40? Ouch. I find 30 hard enough to cope with.

It's 6AM, I've been awake all night and I'm not tired. Gonna try going to bed part way through the day, see if I can't push my sleeping pattern through nocturnal and back into diurnal.

My mum's guaranteed to try and force me to 'fix' the problem by depriving myself of sleep until a 'sensible' time, however. Despite how badly that's gone the last 6-7 times, and my patient explanations that it never works.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45895 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:04 am »

40c
Jesus Christ.

You've just reminded me that in 2 or so months my part of Canada is gonna by just a bit under that. Canada just hates humanity. We have over a year about 70 or so degrees. And that's not even counting wind chill in the winter. Basically, if you have exposed skin for over 5 minutes during the middle of summer or winter you are mistaken. That skin shall be taken as payment for attempting to defeat mother nature.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45896 on: April 21, 2012, 12:14:59 am »

So I've been following Muth Math since they were Earthsuit. No, wait, keep reading. This isn't a hipster's and/or christian's rant (I may have the tendancies in the former case, but that's not what this is about. Neither is it about the latter).

What makes me sad is that while Paul Meany is getting the well-deserved attention, Adam LaClave has sort of ... gone in other directions.

Yeah, the CCM industry burned Earthsuit pretty damn hard, and both of them were fully justified in getting away from that. And they both still collaborate on different things for both of their works. But Paul Meany has songs on three different movie soundtracks with Mute Math and Adam LaClave has a youtube channel with a grand total of just over 3,000 views. And I can only see a collaborative effort between the two of them leading to some epic sounding music.

I am sad that the chances of them working together on something big is likely not in the picture at all. :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

harun55

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #45897 on: April 21, 2012, 02:57:04 am »

Alright, I'll see about doing that kind of thing.

Also, Prince of Persia Sands of Time's combat sucks.  Like, real bad bro.  Like, I wish you could skip it and move on to the crazy trap-gauntlets because those are the best part of the game.
Yes it does, and yes I do. But it's worth it for the tower section near the end. Oh god I love that section.

Hi guys,I played prince of persia-worrior with in and prince of persia-sand of time but in both only final fights are boring.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #45898 on: April 21, 2012, 03:44:57 am »

So... tried the Diablo 3 beta (it's open this weekend for stress tests).  I'm incredibly disappointed.  I don't enjoy any of the changes they've made to the gameplay formula.  I expect simplicity from a Diablo game, but this feels like it was designed to be played by 6 year olds.  The production quality also strikes me as sub-par.  I don't understand how this can be a product that's been in development for so many years by the most successful game company in the world.  Yeah, it's beta... but it's also less than a month from final release.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45899 on: April 21, 2012, 04:06:41 am »

Have you tried path of exile? If so, how does it compare?
Pages: 1 ... 3058 3059 [3060] 3061 3062 ... 8167