Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3045 3046 [3047] 3048 3049 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447451 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45690 on: April 12, 2012, 10:31:56 am »

Yeah, but it's not as if he's specifically saying "Oh, okay I'll file lawsuit for X cause I saw you talk about it".

Hell, if I was ever in need of a defense lawyer in Ohio, I'd look her up too.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45691 on: April 12, 2012, 10:45:52 am »

*snip*

Didn't that same thing happen in one Ally McBeal episode?

Dunno. I haven't been able to watch legal related shows for a long time. Nevermind not having the time, I just can't really watch them because I see how they screw up the way things work for the show. I tried to watch "Law and Order" a few times and I just cringed at how it doesn't really work the way it does on TV. It's like seeing someone say 2+7=4 for an hour straight....

"Did she advantageously threaten bar sanctions while preparing for a civil suit? Can't do that."
"Motion to compel discovery, without even trying to work it out outside court?"

See what I mean? It just isn't enjoyable for me, because my brain will just twitch and nitpick it apart.

Yeah, but it's not as if he's specifically saying "Oh, okay I'll file lawsuit for X cause I saw you talk about it".

Hell, if I was ever in need of a defense lawyer in Ohio, I'd look her up too. [et al]

[Blush] I appreciate the compliment and sentiment all the same thanks. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45692 on: April 12, 2012, 11:12:06 am »

Truean, keep the mentality that everyone is an idiot and believes they are better than the other idiot at whatever the other idiot does, and you'll be fine.

or become arrogant.

yup. never listen to my advice.

Yup.

"Damn chain of command. Everyone below me is an idiot and everyone above me has their head up their ass."

This shall serve me well. Speaking of served, clerk has proved she's smart enough to buy off satiate my rage with food for her recent foray into my booze cabinet. Have you learned having me do the parts of your job you're too incompetent to do yourself AND drinking my booze is just a leap too far. Yes.... O my, those wouldn't happen to be... they are, they are, raspberry tarts.... :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:22:59 am by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45693 on: April 12, 2012, 11:27:20 am »

Note to self: If you ever piss of Truean, bribe her with food and maybe booze.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #45694 on: April 12, 2012, 11:32:51 am »

To quote the great Jayne Cobb: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here. "
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45695 on: April 12, 2012, 12:09:06 pm »

Y'know, I was just about to suggest we all pitch in and by Truean one of those. One end would be kinda rusty and jagged, with the end for holding well-maintained and textured with rubber for an easy grip.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45696 on: April 12, 2012, 01:37:28 pm »

Y'know, I was just about to suggest we all pitch in and by Truean one of those. One end would be kinda rusty and jagged, with the end for holding well-maintained and textured with rubber for an easy grip.
Truean lashes the idiot in the head with the chain of command, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!

The idiot has gained common sense!

If that were all it took to impart common sense, I'd beat the whole world with a chain.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:59:16 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45697 on: April 12, 2012, 02:19:44 pm »

Truean lashes the idiot in the head with the chain of command, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!

The idiot has gained common sense!

If that were all it took to impart common sense, I'd beat the whole world with a chain.
including me? :<
Its either equal opportunity chain bludgeoning, or you take it literally and say I hit the ground, all of it.

Please don't quote me.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45698 on: April 12, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »

I have to leave for a job interview in five and a half hours and am so nervous I can't sleep.  This is actually going to be the first interview I've ever had for a job that I'd really enjoy and now I'm going to turn up knackered and mess it up.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45699 on: April 12, 2012, 11:49:18 pm »

To quote the great Jayne Cobb: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here. "
Stop getting so bendy, you wont convince anyone like that
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #45700 on: April 13, 2012, 08:06:34 am »

Hrm, I should probably cut down on the caffeine... this is the third night this week I stayed up all night because of being unable to sleep. >_>

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45701 on: April 13, 2012, 10:11:35 am »

Aw man the OOC thread is locked. Maybe people were discussing stuff too much? Oh well.

Also, I failed my driver's license exam. However, I probably should have not taken it today anyway as I feel too sick to even be alive. At least I get to retry it in a week.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #45702 on: April 13, 2012, 10:14:43 am »

Aw man the OOC thread is locked. Maybe people were discussing stuff too much? Oh well.

Also, I failed my driver's license exam. However, I probably should have not taken it today anyway as I feel too sick to even be alive. At least I get to retry it in a week.

Dunno if you're in the U.S. but if you are read that little pamphlet they have at the DMV. It's literally just a cheat sheet for the test. How else are you supposed to know what ratio of motorcycle accidents are collisions with cars and how many feet away you're supposed to be back from an emergency vehicle?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45703 on: April 13, 2012, 03:35:33 pm »

Dunno if you're in the U.S. but if you are read that little pamphlet they have at the DMV. It's literally just a cheat sheet for the test. How else are you supposed to know what ratio of motorcycle accidents are collisions with cars and how many feet away you're supposed to be back from an emergency vehicle?

Not the same kind of test. I already did the written one just fine - the one I messed up on was the actual driving test, where everything was smooth except me hitting the curb when I made a 3-point turn.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:06:07 pm by freeformschooler »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45704 on: April 13, 2012, 03:54:19 pm »

It can - I think there's a box for how well you seem able to control your emotions and focus on driving. Considering road rage and the number of accidents it causes...

But I'm pretty sure context would matter there, and swearing with non-cuss words would have the same effect. :P
Pages: 1 ... 3045 3046 [3047] 3048 3049 ... 8167