Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3039 3040 [3041] 3042 3043 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447848 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45600 on: April 08, 2012, 07:31:25 am »

It makes me EXTREMELY sad that Terry Pratchett has Alzheimer's. Hopefully he manages to write another book.
He's had it for a while, in fact he lost his ability to read or write about 2 books ago, didn't stop him dictating those books though.

I do worry about the quality of the books he's producing though, they contain a noticeably smaller amount of his trademark humour, and have a darker tone.

I do find myself wondering how much longer he'll keep going before he can no longer write them, and/or he decides to kill himself as he's said he intends to.

*sigh* if the prospect of Terry Pratchett killing himself isn't enough to depress you, I don't know what is.
God, that is the one thought that no matter what, always makes me depressed.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45601 on: April 08, 2012, 11:41:00 am »

*sigh* if the prospect of Terry Pratchett killing himself isn't enough to depress you, I don't know what is.

I think the most harrowing part of this can be summed up by him talking about assisted suicide, he's either going to have to live on with a broken mind, or die while he's still healthy.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45602 on: April 08, 2012, 03:15:15 pm »

A minor thread derail was put back on the rails before I could add to it. I wanted to chime in on that subject too.

Pre-emptive sad: I'm going to be watching the last three episodes of Berserk in a while. I've read past this point in the manga so I know how it's going to end.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45603 on: April 08, 2012, 09:10:56 pm »

I really don't like how I've noticed I really am being used as an excuse lately.

I don't like knowing that it's because I just exist that someone is just letting themselves sit and waste away without making any progress with themselves. Even if that's REALLY what they need to do.

And I have to hear the stupid fucking arguments I'm causing by just existing.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45604 on: April 08, 2012, 11:35:29 pm »

I hate spiders and mice, beyond all rational thought. I advocate spider and mouse genocide. I realize this would collapse ecosystems; don't care.

I hate seeing them. I just saw a crab spider, which is a bright green son of a bitch about the size of a quarter with its legs fully stretched out. It made the mistake of trying to hide in the lid of my flatbed scanner....

My house is immaculate. I am a sick person and cannot have it any other way. Part of me would like a house where the interior walls came off as access panels so I could clean inside them. Also it would provide nifty storage. I don't know or care what that spider was looking for.

God damn it cat isn't this what you're supposed to do? Play with things you're not supposed to while looking cute doing it between 20 hour naps? You certainly have before....

I'm alright and he's dead; I'm alright and he's dead.... God damn spiders. I've seen dead bodies before and they don't freak me out at all, especially compared to spiders.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #45605 on: April 08, 2012, 11:39:11 pm »

But spiders are cu-

(Googles 'crab spider')

....... :-\

KILL ALL CRAB SPIDERS

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45606 on: April 08, 2012, 11:43:53 pm »

To be fair it was this son of a bitch, except green cause they change colors, but I still want them all dead.

He was probably attracted to the flowers I planted outside my window and somehow got in. They're ambush predators and they eat flies and whatever other insects come around flowers.

Don't care, still want 'em all killed. The clear solution is genocide. Planning on murdering his whole family with poison tomorrow. Not leaving orphans....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:01:14 am by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45607 on: April 09, 2012, 12:02:33 am »

Don't care, still want 'em all killed. The clear solution is genocide. Planning on murdering his whole family with poison tomorrow. Not leaving orphans....
But they're so cute, you bloody monster! :P
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #45608 on: April 09, 2012, 12:03:41 am »

If you as much as not kill a single insect you spray, it will come back with pesticide resistance cranked up one-hundredfold >.>
Evolution is scary that way.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45609 on: April 09, 2012, 12:12:00 am »

O, he'll be a very bloody monster if I have my say....

If you as much as not kill a single insect you spray, it will come back with pesticide resistance cranked up one-hundredfold >.>

But I saaaid I wouldn't leave orphaaaaans. I'm primarily concerned with the evil overlord list though. Screw genetics, plot logic says if one of those bastards escapes he's coming after me for slaughtering his family. :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:24:20 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45610 on: April 09, 2012, 02:50:03 am »

My father's cat is rather sick. He loves this cat more than most human family members. I don't even want to think about how torn up he'd be if it died.

[edit] On a happier note, I was scrolling through my PM's and found a message by someone with the username "Toadburger". The PM contained an image saying "*blablabla* Image Not Found". I kind of want to know what the image was, now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:26:14 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45611 on: April 09, 2012, 03:28:31 am »

O, he'll be a very bloody monster if I have my say....

But I saaaid I wouldn't leave orphaaaaans. I'm primarily concerned with the evil overlord list though. Screw genetics, plot logic says if one of those bastards escapes he's coming after me for slaughtering his family. :P
The first rule of genocides is that a single one always survives, no matter how easily you get all the others. Good luck getting them all.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45612 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:20 am »

"Hello....my name is Arachnid Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Also, when googling "crab spider", this was the third image available:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If that's what you got in your house, I wouldn't blame you for genocide.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45613 on: April 09, 2012, 08:25:55 am »

"Hello....my name is Arachnid Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Also, when googling "crab spider", this was the third image available:

Make sure you hit it with this:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45614 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:46 am »

I for one support the mandatory pet headcrab laws being proposed by evil overlord Gordon.
Pages: 1 ... 3039 3040 [3041] 3042 3043 ... 8167